ForumsWEPR[necro] Legalization of Marijuana

794 146252
ligaboy
ligaboy
1,052 posts
Peasant

I know that there is a topic about legalizing drugs, but I wanted to talk about Marijuana specifically.

Marijuana was banned in 1937 in the US and is now said to be a gate-way to more dangerous illegal drugs. However in this current state of economy I think we'd be better off with the legalization of marijuana. First, it would provide jobs for people. Second, more tax money to the government. Third, it would decrease sale to minors.

• 794 Replies
RugRat
RugRat
340 posts
Nomad

*the the

*their

thechosenuno
thechosenuno
134 posts
Nomad

never was a very good writer or typer but uh thanks?

RugRat
RugRat
340 posts
Nomad

We could look at the outlawing of the use/distribution the same way we look at the american prohibition of booze. People still wanted the product and seeing as how it was illegal, allowed waves upon waves of opportunistic gangsters who exploited this boozeless population brought a massive amount of crime because when crime syndicates have competition, they tend to use bullets.

But remember, act reasonably is you are campaigning for this! Do not be just a jobless hippie/college student walking around towns screaming "legalize this or that" , because you are most probably hurting your own cause.

Glad to help chosen

RugRat
RugRat
340 posts
Nomad

how the hell did my post go up?

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Seems to me like if government legalized it crime would lose majority of money from it as cigarette companies, maybe, would expand into that area. Plus once legal can be taxed up if it gets to be a problem.

thechosenuno
thechosenuno
134 posts
Nomad

by crime do u mean law enforcement or do you mean the people that are dealing?

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

I meant the dealers. I cant believe somone thinks polonium is in weed.
"Hmm this is glowing. Oh well Ill smoke it any ways."

thechosenuno
thechosenuno
134 posts
Nomad

I know when I read it I was just like *face-palm* yea dealers would loose money but I think our country needs it more

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

I really would like to see where valkyrie got that info. Im thinking someone was playing around on wikipedia and valkyrie found it and thought it was fact. XD

Sociophobic
Sociophobic
34 posts
Nomad

Should we legalize a drug that has medicinal purposes, cannot make someone physically addicted (like cigarettes) only psychologically, and that people are smoking anyway? Hmm.....

thechosenuno
thechosenuno
134 posts
Nomad

seriously legalize it people are doing it anyways

Sociophobic
Sociophobic
34 posts
Nomad

And who are these morons that think you can OD on marijuana and it turns you into a vegetable?

thechosenuno
thechosenuno
134 posts
Nomad

once your high its unlikely you'll keep hitting it and if you do you'll pass out before you reach dangerous levels of THC so therefor you are correct they are morons

Sociophobic
Sociophobic
34 posts
Nomad

I did a report on marijuana last year. I found out that it is indeed possible to do die from marijuana. After 800 joints, at which point you suffocate from carbon monoxide poisoning. So yea, just sayin'

Rants over.

thechosenuno
thechosenuno
134 posts
Nomad

I wonder if anyone has every tried to smoke 800 joints. that be a ton of money

Showing 736-750 of 794