ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2610627
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

Sorry PossibleInstability, your vote doesn't count. You need a better reason then that.

asdyui
asdyui
36 posts
Nomad

Can we have a showdown between Powderfinger and Silverchair?
Two great Aussie bands.
As you can guess I'm from Australia.

XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

If you want to suggest bands, post it on Pixie214's wall.

PossibleInstability
PossibleInstability
975 posts
Nomad

Sorry PossibleInstability, your vote doesn't count. You need a better reason then that.

Grateful Dead - Because they're the Grateful Dead. Better?
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

Ha, no. Still need a better vote. Do you need mommies hand to walk you through. Or are you feeling like being a big boy? You decide.

PossibleInstability
PossibleInstability
975 posts
Nomad

The first one.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Grateful Dead - Because they're the Grateful Dead. Better?

really? you can't come up with some real stuff? talk about guitars, vocals, lyrics, shows, videos, personal issues with band members, etc.? can't be that hard. seems like you're just posting for the sake of posting, which is completely the opposite of the reason for the thread. it's supposed to generate a little bit of discussion about the pros and cons of each band and possibly introduce new music to people who are looking for some.

To the other mods (Pixie & LBJames).. if this battle isn't done by the time i wake from my drunken stupor, I think I'll call it a Dead win and post a new battle. Unless one of you do it first. I think I have a couple of suggestions lined up. I'm not sure what to make of them, but who knows, one man's "I dunno" is another man's, "dude, that band rocks".
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

ok, I'm gonna call this one. Grateful Dead win uh, 8 - 4 i think it ended up.

We're gonna try something here and see how it works. Two bands I've never heard of, but maybe y'all have (cue the cowboy hat, lol). We'll see how the voting goes on this one. I think it will rely on people actually checking out the YouTube videos. The suggestion comes from Blu3sBr0s.

Bloc Party:
Mercury
Like Eating Glass
Hunting For Witches

vs.

Metric:
Gimme Sympathy
Dead Disco
Poster Of A Girl

Thanks again, Blu3sBr0s for the suggestion. Like I said, I've never heard of either, but in posting the videos, they both seem like pretty decent bands. I'll reserve my vote for a later post.

Feel free to post suggestions on either Pixie or my profiles. Thanks!

Battle On!

Naylic
Naylic
63 posts
Nomad

I like how decided to use smaller bands to get people more active.

Metric. 1) They have a hot lead singer. 2) They sounded better to me and weren't as, how do you say it...distorted? as Bloc Party

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

and we're off to a quick start, lol..

Bloc Party - 0
Metric - 1

(methinks a short battle is afoot)

kurtcobain1994
kurtcobain1994
45 posts
Nomad

metric
i like their song poster of a girl

Thyll
Thyll
476 posts
Nomad

Bloc Party. I like their style, plus I've loved the song Like Eating Glass forever, I just didn't know what it was.

Thanks for telling me what it is.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

You can thank Blu3sBr0s for that, he's the one who suggested the battle and the songs.

Current total is:

Bloc Party - 1
Metric - 2

Breadfan
Breadfan
33 posts
Nomad

Metric because i prefer there songs

XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

Breadfan, Im sorry but your vote does not count. You need to have a better explaination.

Showing 2296-2310 of 4274