ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2610613
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I'm going to say Nirvana because I like grunge more than what ever you want to call the Foo Fighters.

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

I'm going to say Nirvana their sound is more...grungy and I like that. Foo Fighters sound too much like pop, I also like Cobains vocals a lot more.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Nirvana-- 4
Foo Fighters-- 1

bumped down to number 2 when I heard The Man Who Sold The World

Just as an extra note to this it was originally by David bowie and apparently Lulu did a nice over as well for those of you who like to check out new music (as I love to do)

My vote is for Nirvana I may be of the BritPop generation but Nirvana has some special about it. I love Kurts voice so different to the electronic crap you hear nowadays and no passionate at times. They have a great list of amazing songs as well. (and as said I don't really know any foo fighters songs.
Thyll
Thyll
476 posts
Nomad

Nirvana all the way. I am a HUGE fan. I know all the songs, the lyrics, the people, everything. Well, maybe not everything. But still, HUGE fan. They have so many different styles, so many different songs.
My favourite song is probably Very Ape. But then again it changes every so often.

However, I do like Foo Fighters. I personally think Dave Grohl has a great voice for screaming. If he were in a Metal band, I might like them better.
My favourite song by them would have to be Let it die

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

I hate Foo Fighters I hate them so much I only like one song by Nirvana and thats Smells like teen spirit, lyrics are tick but I like the rhytmn.I vote Nirvana.

Thyll
Thyll
476 posts
Nomad

I hate Foo Fighters I hate them so much I only like one song by Nirvana and thats Smells like teen spirit, lyrics are tick but I like the rhytmn.I vote Nirvana.

howlett... I...
You are the devil's spawn.
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Both bands put a lot on the table.
Nirvana has done pretty well on just four albums and getting a few hits. I see if the band was still together, around 01 Grohl would of went solo and thus the band breaks up. Cobain died at right time, for I don't see them living up to Nevermind.
Foos, they have put out many hits and have vasly and fastly have a huge following.
I'm going with the foos though, for they are my favorite band, but have put out many meaningful songs just like nirvana, but more than in my opinion.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Hero
Learn to Fly
Next Year
Generator
Come Alive
Wheels

Aurora
Sorry for the list.
Some off the top of my head for the foos.

kurtcobain1994
kurtcobain1994
45 posts
Nomad

nirvana my name says it all

kurtcobain1994
kurtcobain1994
45 posts
Nomad

if that dosent work lets see they both have dave grohl
nirvana i like there style of music

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

I know my name, but Pearl Jam.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

Foo Fighters

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I know my name, but Pearl Jam.

Foo Fighters

None of this counts as enough reason to cast a vote.

Current total is:

Nirvana - 7
Foo Fighters - 2
Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,124 posts
Blacksmith

I'm going to go with Nirvana. Kurt Cobain was an awesome talent and definitely one of the best left-handed guitarists I know.

I'm a huge fan of grunge and Nirvana was a big part of the Seattle Sound movement of the 90's.

My favorite 3 songs are Drain You, Smells Like Teen Spirit, and Lithium.

Kurt Cobain, Rock In Peace

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Alright, as the battle draws to a close, either because of votes or idle time, Nirvana gets another vote..

Nirvana - 8
Foo Fighters - 2

Showing 2326-2340 of 4274