ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2610612
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

I vote for Metric their song Poster of a girl isn't too bad.

Metric - 3
Bloc Party - 1

danbombs
danbombs
39 posts
Nomad

Bloc Party <3

MarioMario
MarioMario
1,212 posts
Peasant

I wpuld have to say Metric.Just because I relly like their stlye and well I am not relly a bloc Party fan at all.But aftar listening to all their songs I got to go with Metric.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Metric - 4
Bloc Party - 1

Thankyou MarioMario.... still anybodies game guys.

Breadfan
Breadfan
33 posts
Nomad

XxLBJames23xX,

I vote for Metric their song Poster of a girl isn't too bad

Thats a better reason then mine? Then i agree with this guy
steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

Although I personally hate both of these bands, I'll go with the one I hate less.

Metric I like the voice better than bloc party, and plus their sound isn't as distorted. Bloc party also has in some of their songs, really repeated annoying sounds, this is also why I like metric more.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Metric has the big lead here:

Metric - 6
Bloc Party - 1

And I'll toss my vote it with Metric as well. I love the song Dead Disco (thanks Blu3sBr0s). The two groups seem quite similar to me, so in a pinch a good female singer always wins in my book.

Metric - 7
Bloc Party - 1

There are video links on the previous page for those who need them.

Battle on!

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I know it's thanksgiving weekend here in the states, but I'm still going to call this one by tomorrow morning unless the votes start back up again.

Sample videos are on page 239.

MarioMario
MarioMario
1,212 posts
Peasant

ilberic I think you should call this one done,you see Metric is leading 6 votes,and unless block party gets 9 votes out of no where I think this mash up is pretty much over.You know.

lake2606
lake2606
15 posts
Nomad

Miley cirus is hot. She can't sing though.

lockstr
lockstr
93 posts
Farmer

aerosmith

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I shall cast my vote for Bloc Party as I like the singer's style better.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Metric - 7
Bloc Party - 2

Ok I'll end this one here....

Next battle is:

Nirvana vs. Foo Fighters

and if you don't know why these two are facing off.... lol

Yet AGAIN (evil) youtube is broken >_> not that I'm paranoid.... so examples will follow. (sorry)

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Breaking news Youtube is working!!!

Nirvana: Smells Like Teen Spirit (hardly a surprise this is here so I linked to the Top of the Pops version where the lyrics were changed), All Apologies (my favourite Nirvana song), Aneurysm a good song though there are many others I could put here an an example of Nirvanas great work.

Foo Fighters: Everlong, End over End, All my Life. (sorry I don't know any foo fighters songs so if these are no good I'm sure ilberic will link some more appropriate songs.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Well, I don't like the Foo Fighters much at all. They probably have a song or two I can listen to but that's about it. I like quite a few Nirvana songs, including pretty much the whole Nevermind album.

All Apologies used to be my favorite Nirvana song, but it was bumped down to number 2 when I heard The Man Who Sold The World

The links for Foo Fighters seem enough for me, if anyone wants to suggest songs, I'll go link them up.

Bottom line is my vote goes for Nirvana. I like Cobain's vocals way more than I like Grohl's. I like Nirvana's music a bit better, though i guess they're similar.

Showing 2311-2325 of 4274