ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2610594
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
shahn
shahn
2 posts
Shepherd

Aerosmith for superior musicianship. If it was only about theatrics, this would be another story...

pauler94
pauler94
2,513 posts
Nomad

Oh god, two of my least favorite bands. I'll say System of A Down because Serj has a really good voice

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Avenged Sevenfold--1
System Of A Down--3

tegan190 obvioulsy didn't count... I need a good reason please. And shahn welcome to AG I see your first post but please try and keep up with the current battle which is "Avenged Sevenfold vs. System of a Down"

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I'll put my vote towards System Of A Down. They do a LOT of stuff I don't like, but I love playinng Chop Suey on Rock Band on drums. That coupled with the fact that I don't like Avenged at all makes it System of A Down by a plugged nose.

qwertsdarf
qwertsdarf
14 posts
Nomad

AEROSMITH[b]

Cheekster
Cheekster
35 posts
Nomad

System of a Down

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

System of a Down

Obviously doesn't count because it doesn't include any reason whatsoever.

This is a tough one, but I'm going to go with A7x, because they are awesome

Would you mind elaborating on what makes them awesome... Tally pending elaboration.

System Of A Down - 4
Avenged Sevenfold - 1
Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

System Of A Down is a much better band.

They both peaked early and went downhill after that.

ALl I know is I saw a documentary about the 20 most influental metal bands ever, System Of A Down slipped in at 17. A7x was not mentioned.

Plus I like the fact that System Of A Down had political influences on a lot of their songs.

Thyll
Thyll
476 posts
Nomad

S.O.A.D. They are one of my favourite bands. Serj Tankian is just an amazing singer, I don't know of any other singers with his talent. He's even great solo! (but not as good as they were together). There are better songs when you think about the lyrics, but damn, he just makes anything sound good.

They also have a lot of great meanings in their songs, not like many other bands, but they don't sacrifice great sound in to do so. Soad is the reason I laugh at people who are all like "Metal is the devils music! It's all about satan" and blah blah blah.

pure_p_k_ooo
pure_p_k_ooo
100 posts
Nomad

they both suck

tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

they both suck

i totally agree
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

System Of A Down - 6
Avenged Sevenfold - 1

tegan, pure thanks for the constructive input there but (and I don't mean to sound too rude here) if your just gonna spam around don't do ir in here. They may both suck (sorry fyrefox but I think they do I have to admit) but that doesn't mean you can convey that feeling in 3 words. If you have an opinion try and state it in a reasoned manner.

Cheekster
Cheekster
35 posts
Nomad

System of a Down..

Cheekster
Cheekster
35 posts
Nomad

System of a Down. I really like their music and I have to agree with Thyll, Serj Tankian is just simply amazing. I love "Aerials" and "Toxicity" and "Lonely Day" as well.

Band is just simply great.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

System of a Down - 7
Avenged Sevenfold - 1

Looks like a runaway victory for System of a Down (the quicker they run away with it, the better in my opinion, lol. don't care for either band)

Showing 2356-2370 of 4274