ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2609518
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

No sweat T.

Looks like this battle is petering out. Was hoping it would go to the finish line without having to put it out of its own misery.

Score remains:

Boston - 8
Doobies - 7

Calling all voters. Calling all voters.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Metallica vs. Linkin Park was the closest

How can you even compare the two? They aren't at all the same. The reason why the current battle is so close is because the bands are from the same era, genre, and were about equally popular at their time. There is no way to declare a winner at this point because it is so close.
1,855 posts
Nomad

Ernie, Boston's gonna win. Of course every time Boston takes a lead Doobies catch up, but Doobies have't been ahead once. It isn't THAT close

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

but Doobies have't been ahead once

Yes they have, actually. How well have you been watching this battle? o_O
Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,495 posts
Nomad

I think U2 and Muse should be next > They're alike, and I like them both.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Thanks for the suggestion Yoda, but please suggest battles on Pixie's or my profile. Use the forum for discussion and voting on the current battle.

Thanks.

Boston still has the lead with 8
Doobies just a bit behind with 7

XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

Wow, been a while since I have voted!

I vote for the Doobies. Thats because I youtube'd some of their videos and they seems pretty good. I have never have heard them before but I would like to get into them and see how they are.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Really never heard of them?
They are on the radio all the time, well on the classic rock stations, which may be the reason why you haven't heard of them.

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

I pick the Doobie Brothers. They have a larger catalogue of hits, and their success was longer lived than Boston. 8-8 tie!

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok this one has about run its course.

If I have time later, I'll end this battle. If not, I'll do it tomorrow.

As FryLock pointed out the score is now tied:

Doobies - 8
Boston - 8

fransclara
fransclara
15 posts
Peasant

don't know both

chaotix567
chaotix567
882 posts
Nomad

Boston, I just find their music to be COOLER, sure Doobie Brothers have some great songs, but Boston has a more kick-@$$ sound!

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Doobies - 8
Boston - 9

Very close now.... I have a good idea for a battle.

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,124 posts
Blacksmith

I'll go with Boston. They have that classic rock sound that I think the Doobies Brothers can't match. Boston also has a better vocalist too in my opinion.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Ok thankyou fyrefox....

Next battle shall be between 2 friends and legends of glam rock (which is a genre I don't normally like but these 2 are great):

David Bowie vs. Marc Bolan

As I said they are both Glam legends with long, magnificent discographies. Bowie is well.... Bowie an icon and eeerrr.... very striking >_> examples of songs are: Ziggy Stardust, Starman and Space Oddity.

Marc Bolan is similarly brilliant though for some reason no one at my school has heard of him (so I would like some reasurrance from you guys he is as big as I thought he was please). Examples of songs are: 20th Century Boy, Get It On (Bang a Gong) and Children of the Revolution.

Enjoy voting

Showing 2581-2595 of 4274