ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2609471
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
chaotix567
chaotix567
882 posts
Nomad

I'm goin' to pull for David Bowie, I really enjoy his experimenting with different genres, plus his songs "Rebel Rebel" and "Changes" are both AWESOME!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

David Bowie is a living legend. One of my favorite artists of all time. Marc Bolan isn't quite in the same genre, and his only good song is one he recorded in his group T Rex.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

David Bowie--2
Marc Bolan--0

isn't quite in the same genre

True they have some very large differences in their styles and songs but hey both look good in a feather boa and make-up XD

his only good song is one he recorded in his group T Rex.

I can think of about 7 songs I like by Bolan (yes they are all in the t-rex days) which is the 1 good song? in yout opinion.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

but hey both look good in a feather boa and make-up

But hey, who doesn't these days?

which is the 1 good song?

Bang a Gong is the only one where I've said, "Hey, I should listen to this again".
chaotix567
chaotix567
882 posts
Nomad

Bang a Gong is the only one where I've said, "Hey, I should listen to this again".
That song is indeed epic! Though my personal fave Bolan song is "Mambo Sun".
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

For this battle I think I'll toss my vote in for David Bowie. I like a lot of his songs and his different personas. While I like Bolan enough, I find he doesn't have nearly the number of songs I like as Bowie. I actually bought the import version of Bowie's greatest hits about a month before the regular version came out. Lol, oh well.

That puts Bowie in front by a score of:

Bowie - 3
Bolan - 0

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

david bowie, because he has songs about drag queens.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

My vote is for David Bowie. I haven't heard much of him, but I like his voice in Queen's "Under Pressure".

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I have heard some David Bowie songs and I quite like him. His song The Man Who Sold The World is amazing. So I vote David Bowie.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Looks like Bolan is heading for a shutout here.

Bowie - 6
Bolan - 0

Guess he's not as popular as you had hoped, eh Pixie? Oh well, lol. You might want to cast your vote for him so he doesn't get shut out, lol.

TerryLasVegas
TerryLasVegas
773 posts
Nomad

David bowie has some amazing music. marc bolan is just average. Bowie is the guy I vote for.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Bowie - 7
Bolan - 0

Nah I didn't think he was popular I just wasn't sure how unpopular he was.... now I know

chaotix567
chaotix567
882 posts
Nomad

I just wasn't sure how unpopular he was.... now I know

It's just that he's unpopular, but just look who you put him up against! DAVID "ALLADIN SANE" "ZIGGY STARDUST" BOWIE!
kurtcobain1994
kurtcobain1994
45 posts
Nomad

bowie his song man who sold the world is awseome and i dont know whi bolan is

Crab65
Crab65
327 posts
Nomad

Bowie is a musical god. Bolan is a musical dud. Really, there's nothing special about Marc Bolan. David Bowie, on the other hand, can crank out a great song on command. Marc Bolan couldn't crank out a great song if he wanted to.

Showing 2596-2610 of 4274