ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2609300
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

uninformed "hands down"..

see all the numbers on the top of the thread when you click the link? those are pages. you need to check the last page before you vote please.

Vote remains:

Jimi Hendrix - 7
Stevie Ray Vaughan- 2

scoRe
scoRe
152 posts
Nomad

Stevie Ray Vaughan for me. The main reason is because I feel Stevie keeps his guitar tuned better than Hendrix. It doesn't sound sharp or makes you squint because of a off riff.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

And Stevie steals another one, woohoo!!!!, lol

Jimi Hendrix - 7
Stevie Ray Vaughan - 3

Closer than I imagined it would be. I'll take it, lol.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Once again, more votes needed. and yes, Ilberic, I already voted.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I'll call this one in the next day or two... I've been a bit busy with life the last couple of days..

Score is still

Jimi - 7
Stevie - 3

TYofLER
TYofLER
472 posts
Nomad

Hendrix FTW

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Hendrix FTW

I... you... but... oh forget it

Of course, the score still stays the same..

Jimi - 7
Stevie - 3

This battle will end later today, or sometime tomorrow unless Stevie closes the gap. Pixie or LBJames, feel free if you want to call it before that.
SpyreWorks
SpyreWorks
172 posts
Nomad

Jimi Hendrix. I vote Jimi Hendrix.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Good battle, I would have to say Steve. He has more songs I like, Jimi has epic guitar but I don't like as much songs of his.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Spyre your vote doesn't count because you have no explanation for your vote.

Hasassin, uh, don't understand what your complaint is.. if I did maybe I could take steps to fix it or address it.

Woohoo, Stevie gets another vote! Yeah, baby! lol

Jimi Hendrix - 9
Stevie Ray Vaughan - 4

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

How can you not pick Jimi?
Though most of his work wasn't original, he still rocked as a guitarist and singer.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I like him as an artist, but I think he was a little overrated. He did great things with the guitar yes, but I'm extremely skeptical of all the lists that say he's the best guitarist of all time. That's the thing I have issues with. People are entitled to their opinions though, after all, that's what this thread is all about.

CaptainSamoa
CaptainSamoa
364 posts
Nomad

Jimi Hendrix; greatest guitar player ever. Much more influential than Stevie Ray Vaughan could ever hope to be and he transcended Rock as we know it. I don't really care for Stevie Ray Vaughan's sound.....it's a bit too tacky for me.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I'm going to say Jimi Hendrix, and I'm not giving you a reason because the battle is over.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Lol, Ernie. Fine be that way. Just for that I'll make the next battle. Actually, technically I'll post it, this battle was suggested by someone else.

Jimi Hendrix wins, as predicted, by a score of 10-4 (excess votes not counted so as to not hurt Stevie's feelings, lol)

Next battle:

Blink 182:
All the small things
What's my age again?
Dammit

vs.

Bowling For Soup:
High school never ends
Girl all the bad guys want

Thanks for the suggestions..

Battle on!

Showing 2641-2655 of 4274