ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2609374
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

jimi hendrix is a guitar god. vaughan is a guitar demigod, but not a god. hendrix cant be beat.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I vote Jimi Hendrix, because he could play guitar with his teeth and behind his back

pretty much any guitar player worth anything can do that. in fact, seems a silly reason to vote since Stevie Ray Vaughan does that very thing in the link to Voodoo Chile that I provided. He does it for probably 1/4 of the song.

jimi hendrix is a guitar god. vaughan is a guitar demigod, but not a god

I don't understand why stevie is merely a "demigod", but everyone's entitled to their opinion.

And on that note, I'm casting my vote for my favorite guitar player of all time, Stevie Ray Vaughan. I just like the way his guitar sounds better than jimi's. It probably has something to do with my favorite music being the blues. In song to song match-ups (voodoo chile & little wing to note) I much prefer the way it comes off of SRV's guitar more.

On a side note, I think that if Jimi was white, he wouldn't have been nearly as exhalted. It's sad but quite possibly true. It's also true he's a fantastic guitar player though. The props I do give to Jimi are he was definitely a showman, which is what it is.. entertainment. My favorite song by him though is Wind Cries Mary.

The saddest thing of all though is that their careers were cut way, way too short. Imagine the great stuff we would have heard from the both of them should they still be around.

Vote tally is:

Jimi Hendrix - 4
Stevie Ray Vaughan - 1
kurtcobain1994
kurtcobain1994
45 posts
Nomad

jimi i like his songs purple haze and fire oh and a origanal guitar GOD

Sodacan
Sodacan
215 posts
Nomad

Jimi Hendrix is the best. No competition really. I mean seriously man. It's Jimi Hendrix...

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Flag
Jimi Hendrix is the best. No competition really. I mean seriously man. It's Jimi Hendrix...

I'm not counting this because I see no reason there really.

Jimi Hendrix - 5
Stevie Ray Vaughan - 1
Sodacan
Sodacan
215 posts
Nomad

Okay then... Reason...
I vote Jimi Hendrix mainly because I love all of his music. The sound of his guitar and voice is in my opinion better than Stevie Ray's. Don't count me ;off' again just because it's an opionated thread...

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Now I will count your vote.

Jimi Hendrix - 6
Stevie Ray Vaughan - 1

As to this:

Don't count me 'off' again just because it's an opionated thread...

I am an accepted moderator on this thread. We have stated time and time and yet time again that votes will NOT be accepted without proper reason, which by definition is the moderators' right to deem proper or otherwise. The idea for this thread is to create discussion and debate relevant to the bands that are battling. I chose not to accept the reasons: "Jimi Hendrix is the best" and "it's Jimi Hendrix". After all, I was indeed aware it was Jimi Hendrix when I put him in the battle. At least I was relatively sure that it wasn't Roy Acuff.

If you have a problem with a decision I make, please feel free to complain to Pixie214 or XxLBJames23xX who's thread this is.

Thank You
1,855 posts
Nomad

Jimi Handrix. Even though he was addicted to drugs, he was the best guitar player of his time. His style was unique, his talent, unbeatable

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Actually, Stevie Ray Vaughan had a very bad drug habit as well. He cleaned himself up just before his death though.

Jimi - 7
Stevie - 1

valkery
valkery
1,255 posts
Nomad

Jimi. Pitty that he died.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

I love both of these artists, making this a very close call. However, I'm going to have to vote for Vaughan for several reasons:
1) He was able to be creative while playing "clean". Hendrix seemed to rely more on distortion than outright skill. I'm not saying Hendrix wasn't skilled, in fact he was probably the more creative of the two. But Vaughan achieved a level of technical perfection that remains today unparralled by anyone.
2) I'm assuming when you say Stevie Ray Vaughan you are also including Double Trouble. The bass player and the drummer in this group are also great, something that hendrix lacked.
3) I really like the blues. And Vaughan is REALLY good at playing the blues.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Jimi - 7
Stevie - 2

Thanksyou aknerd for eeerrr.... doubling stevies vote count. I had an idea Jimi would win but this is a strong lead.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

We still need moar votes!

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Or "more" votes even. Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm guessing you voted already, but am too lazy to change the page to check, lol.

thank you aknerd for confirming my beliefs. I believe you hit the nail on the head better than i did.

that's one more vote for SRV than I counted on. I figured i'd be the lone ridiculed anti-jimi voter.

Score remains:
Jimi - 7
Stevie - 2

HumanDisease
HumanDisease
55 posts
Nomad

Kiss "hands down"

Showing 2626-2640 of 4274