ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608990
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
joesho13
joesho13
1 posts
Nomad

Kiss because i like their music better. And because the guy with the long tongue is awesome.

chaotix567
chaotix567
882 posts
Nomad

Kiss because i like their music better. And because the guy with the long tongue is awesome

Stupid frickin' newb, get your thumb out of you @$$ and go to the current page to see the battle we are CURRENTLY on. It wouldn't kill you to look a few posts back, would it?
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

The current battle and the current score of that battle being:

Earth Wind & Fire - 5
Commodores - 4

This battle will be called soon (today or tomorrow)

Ethan904
Ethan904
1 posts
Nomad

Earth, Wind, and Fire! They used to live down the street from me.

DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

Earth Wind and Fire, because, well, I just like their music better! If that's not a good enough reason, then so be it, but if it is, count my vote please!

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

This is a very tough choice, because I suggested this battle so it would be close!

I'll have to go with EWF. Though they aren't as funky as Parliament or Brick, they still are somewhat more funky than the Commodores, and that's why I'm voting for them.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Earth, Wind, and Fire! They used to live down the street from me.

Uh, nevermind..

Earth Wind & Fire - 7
Commodores - 4

Close to a complete victory for Earth Wind & Fire.. New battle tomorrow unless Pixie changes it before then
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok, this battle has ended with the score the same as my last post.. Earth Wind & Fire take the victory.

Now, one more battle in this type of music and then we'll switch it up (probably).

Next battle is:

KC & The Sunshine Band:
Get Down Tonight
That's The Way I Like It
Shake Shake Shake

vs.

Kool & The Gang:
Celebration
Hollywood Swinging
Summer Madness

There they are, so let's see some votin!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

KC & The Sunshine Band has some of the catchiest music from the late 70's I've ever heard. The only Kool & The Gang song I somewhat like is "Celebration", but KC & The Sunshine Band is one of the few disco groups I could listen to all day.

MrAutomatic
MrAutomatic
296 posts
Nomad

KC is the ultimate party musician! Kool has one song good enough for parties. KC wins.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

And KC & The Sunshine Band jump to the early lead..

KC & The Sunshine Band - 2
Kool & The Gang - 0

Oh, and thanks to MrDayCee for the suggestion. Almost forgot to give him his props! Thanks for the votes and let's keep 'em coming.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

That's ok ilberic... I'm pleased enough with the fact that you choose my suggestion to put up as a battle!

And I'll bring my own vote to the table for this battle then... =)

I vote for Kool and the Gang! Simply because KC has had more impact on the 70's Disco vibe with a lot of great songs, but KatG has been able to extend that into the 80's as well and when you play the most popular song of each of them, KatG's "Fresh" will probably win it...
Plus... the number of hits made by KatG far exceeds the count of KC, I mean... make a small list of hits: Victory, Fresh, Get Down On It, Celebration, Cherish, Ladies Night, Joanna, Too Hot, Steppin' Out, Summer Madness and Jungle Boogie... try to argument against that! =P

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

KOOL AND THE GANG, has my vote and here's a few reason's why:

Let's go Dancing,
Give it Up, off their 1st album, Funky Stuff, Hi De Hi,Hi De Ho, is my favorite music video of this song.
Kool and the Gang added such a brassy, jazzy, reggae and funk rhythm to the age of Disco.
Enjoy!

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

KC & The Sunshine Band - 2
Kool & The Gang - 2

Sorry I've had a hectic few days and I apologise to anyone out there

XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

Im going to be active again and I will try to update this daily.

Showing 2836-2850 of 4274