ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608987
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

No apologies needed Pixie and LBJames... seems like this has been going on for a lot of users these last few days (including me!) so the forums are looking a bit 'slow-ish' in active posts... :S

Hope this thread doesn't die out...

TerryLasVegas
TerryLasVegas
773 posts
Nomad

Sunshine band because shake your booty is a classic.

1,855 posts
Nomad

I vote for KC and the sunshine band. Shake, Shake, Shake is a great classic song. Lol i like how it says hard rock cafe. :P lol

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

kool and the gang isnt really as listenable as kc and the sunshine band. sure, kool and the gang is a fine group, but they get boring after about two or three songs. kc and the sunshine band does not. I vote for mr kc.

DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

KC & The Sunshine Band is great for parties. Kool & The Gang is great for weddings. I like parties more than I like weddings, generally, so my vote goes to KC & The Sunshine Band!

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Hey guys, I'm back. My modem took a crap and it took me about a week and a half to get a new one, so I was internet-less for a bit there..

This battle has run its course, but I've got many many things to catch up on due to my downtime. If one of the other 2 mods wants to change it before tomorrow, then groovy. If not, there will be a new battle on the way tomorrow.

Current score for this battle is:

KC & The Sunshine Band - 5
Kool & The Gang - 2

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

KC & The Sunshine Band will never die. Not even when disco "died" did KC even have death on his mind. His music will live forever, and we will bask in its greatness for all eternity.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Lol, ok..

KC & The Sunshine Band - 6
Kool & The Gang - 2

Unless there is a flurry of activity between now and later today, I'll get a new battle up here..

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok gentlepeoples, this battle is done... As promised the new battle is here!

(by the way KC and the boys win by a score of -see previous post-)

Next battle: -- The Battle of the Bros. --
Allman Brothers:
Jessica
Midnight Rider
Ramblin Man

vs.

The Doobie Brothers:
Listen to the music
Long train runnin
Black Water

There you have it. As I was posting this I was wondering if we'd already done it. If we have, my apologies, but if we have it has been a while, so we'll give it a go anyway.

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

The Doobies have some great stuff that sets standards high enough so that the Allmans can't compete. Ramblin' Man is the only good Allman song in my opinion, whereas the Doobies have a few good ones.

This is a vote for The Doobie Brothers.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

As much as I love to play Little Martha on the guitar...

I'm going to have to go with the Doobie Brothers. I'm not a huge fan of either band, but I find the Allman brothers to be excessively boring. The Doobie Brothers at least sound good when you are driving.

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

I vote for the Allman Bros. My son's first concert was outdoors, when he was an infant, listening to Greg play the piano and sing, awsome!
I really like the Doobies though.

chaotix567
chaotix567
882 posts
Nomad

Allman Brothers, At Fillmore East is my favourite live album of all time, and Duane Allman is my favourite guitarist (who died WAY too young, by the way). So yeah, there 'tis. Add 'em up!

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

So yeah, there 'tis. Add 'em up!

Aye, aye sir!

Doobie Brothers - 2
Allman Brothers - 2

Great start to the voting! Thanks guys!

Post suggestions for future battles on my profile or I may have to go Creed vs. Pearl Jam on yah.. lol (2 bands I hate)
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

My vote is definitely for The Doobie Brothers!!! Who can resist the ever so smooth voice of the legendary Michael McDonald singing such great songs as 'Listen To The Music', 'Long Train Running', 'Black Water', 'Without Love', 'What A Fool Believes', 'Jesus Is Just Allright', 'Takin' It To The Streets', 'Rockin' Down The Highway' and my personal alltime DB-favorite CHINA GROVE!!!
Really too bad this is only a poor quality version of a live performance, but somehow there's no proper studio or live video of this song to be found on the internet?!

Showing 2851-2865 of 4274