ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608979
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

that's probably cause he wasn't always the lead singer. i think it rotated between 3 guys (at least)..

The Doobies inch ahead by a score of:

The Doobie Brothers - 3
The Allman Brothers - 2

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I know... I know... but I discovered him by... discovering the Doobie Brothers! =P

I know there were several lead singers, heck even the video of my favorite song (China Grove) prooves you right! And if I'm not mistaken, he's the actual original lead singer of the Doobie Brothers...

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

My vote is for the Allman Bros. I prefer them because I like the guitar sound in songs like "Jessica".

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

China Grove. Wo-ho-ho! My vote goes towards the Doobie Brothers. Very, very tough decision, since both bands are legends, but I think the Doobies have had more success, and Michael McDonald has had a successful solo career as well. However, this vote might of been different if Duane Allman wasn't killed at such a young age.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Another vote for each band makes it a score of:

The Allman Brothers - 3
The Doobie Brothers - 4

Actually, MrDaySee, Michael McDonald didn't join the group until 1975 due to the health problems of the original lead singer - Tom Johnston.. So M&M didn't join the group until 5 years after its inception.. Sorry ...

Here's the band info..

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Small short burts and then nothing... is attendance in the forums down or is interest down. If it is interest, suggestions are always welcome. Post any on my profile.

Score remains:

Allman Brothers - 3
Doobie Brothers - 4

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Allman Brothers. I just like their songs a bit better. Pretty close though.

synallday
synallday
49 posts
Nomad

Allman brothers. Doobie brothers are ok but i have to go with the allman brothers

chaotix567
chaotix567
882 posts
Nomad

Allman brothers. Doobie brothers are ok but i have to go with the allman brothers

There wasn't really a reason in that, man.
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

What chaotix567 said. We need valid reasons for valid votes..

Score is:

Allman Bros. - 4
Doobie Bros. - 4

Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

This is still going? Thought it was dead...well...I won't vote on this one considering I don't care whatsoever but I will try to vote for now on

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I'm waiting for a tie-breaking vote in this battle, then I'll call it. Score remains as above.

chaotix567
chaotix567
882 posts
Nomad

This is still going? Thought it was dead...well...I won't vote on this one considering I don't care whatsoever but I will try to vote for now on

Really freakin' constructive, man!

I have a thousand derogatory things I could say to you right now, but I'll restrain myself.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

I vote for the Allman Brothers. Their technical contributions to Southern rock, and the music world as a whole, cannot be ignored. Their music is tight and well-done, while still retaining the atmosphere necessary for Southern rock. With all due respect to the Doobie Bros., they just can't match up.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Voting has seemed to have dropped to a complete minimum in this battle... maybe it's time to call this battle and put up the next one? =P

Showing 2866-2880 of 4274