ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608523
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Ozzy!! Seriously, the man is a gifted songwriter, an amazing musician, and a phenomenal entertainer. While I also appreciate Alice Cooper's music, Ozzy is one of my all-time favorites (and occupies 2 spaces in my 6 disc changer in my car)

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Ozzyously Ozzy (i know its a bad joke)

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ozzyously Ozzy (i know its a bad joke)
And an unacceptable vote. As most people should know, votes need reasons accompanying them, and this one has none..

The score is now:

Ozzy Osbourne - 6
Alice Cooper - 4

..in a battle pretty fitting for Halloween actually.
Demonator133
Demonator133
76 posts
Nomad

Ozzy

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Ozzyously Ozzy

All votes need to be accompanied with an explanation otherwise they are invalid.

Ozzy

Same as above. Also, posts containing fewer than 5-7 words are typically considered spam. Please don't spam our threads.
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

yeah ozzy even though his songs arent that good
i mean he starts off all angry type of music and it sounds good then his music turns all happy and it sounds like trans siberian ocrestra i still vote ozzy though

fukwon
fukwon
283 posts
Farmer

aerosmith i love most of their songs

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

The title should look something like this:

Battle of the Bands (current battle on page ___)

Otherwise, the inevitable will happen (look above me if you still aren't catching on).

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

All that and it makes it 1 more vote for the leader:

Ozzy Osbourne - 7
Alice Cooper - 4

Looks like we could be headed for a complete battle (woohoo and stuff like that).

I don't know how to change the title, or even if I can, as it is not my thread, I've just taken charge of it in the abscence of lbjames and pixie. Either let me know if it's possible or I'll see if I can figure it out. However, when someone clicks on the thread, they should see the numbers on the top row indicating that they are NOT on the final page in the thread. Obviously we don't have 332 pages of votes on one battle. Some people will just be ignorant, either accidently or inherently. Either way I'm sure that we'll constantly be dealing with this issue basically from the newbies to the forums.

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Oh yeah, we finally moved on to this! You should have alerted me, ilberic! Well, this is a very daunting task of choosing between these two legendary icons, and I personally could spend a whole day listening to either of these artists. I'll vote for Alice Cooper, because while Ozzy may have caught everyone off guard with his style of heavy metal and totally surpassing his expectations after he was booted from Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper's legacy is undeniable on the evolution of Heavy Metal, Glam Rock, Alternative Rock, and Punk Rock.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Ilberic's right, the battle has picked up it's pace after a slow start! Now let's see who will win it in the end!

@ Ernie15 : you're right, but this will happen every now and then, because newbies tend to overlook the rules and think about where the current battle is taking place right now... and it would mean they would have to make a constantly changing thread title, which isn't likely going to happen! Mods have better things to do... :/

Updated score now shows :

Ozzy Osbourne - 7
-vs.-
Alice Cooper - 5

Only two votes apart... will Alice catch Ozzy in the end? =D

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Mods have better things to do... :/

The mods constantly change the title to the "This thread is currently about:_____" thread. However, I see how you could say this because the battles can go very quickly. But still, I don't think the mods would have too much of a problem with it.
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I would be willing to do it waluigi, but I don't see where it gives me the option. Like I said, it could be because this isn't my thread though I currently run it, with the gracious help of MrDayCee. It was originally lbjames thread, so maybe he has the option where no one else does? If you know how I can do it, let me know and I will

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

No, only moderators/administrates can change the title of the thread. No user -not even the OP- can change the tile of a topic.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

The mods constantly change the title to the "This thread is currently about:_____" thread.

Heheh, if you actually follow that thread you'll notice that we usually change topics 4 or 5 times before the mods notice that we aren't on the topic in the title

If you know how I can do it, let me know and I will

Become a moderator or admin. Other than that there is no way to change the thread title.

OT: Everyone needs to hurry up and vote (for OZZY!) so we can get on to the next battle!!
Showing 3226-3240 of 4274