ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608611
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok, this battle is now officially over. The final score is:

Good Charlotte - 6
Simple Plan - 4

So by virtue of their win over Simple Plan, the next battle is:

Good Charlotte Vs. Blink 182

I'm thinking I don't need to repost the videos. However, if you guys want me to post some, I will. Or, if you have favorites by either band, please feel free to either post the song title (after which I will post a link to a video for it) or post a link to the video yourselves. Thanks for the votes, and let's let this battle begin!

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

wow... nothing in 4 days? not even 1 vote? I'm almost speechless. What's going on people? I need some feedback here..

shadowfyre541
shadowfyre541
61 posts
Peasant

erm okay then, I guess I'll be the first to vote! I'm somewhat unfamiliar with both bands, but I vote for Good Charlotte! Mainly cuz I like their instrumentals and their more electronic/dance beats.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

FINALLY! The first vote has been entered! Thanx to 'shadowfyre541'...

Now get a move on people! This thread deserves a lot more devotion coming to it than it has now!
It's the longest running thread in the history of AG2! =D

Current score is:

Good Charlotte - 1
Blink 182 - 0

But I expect you guys to help it exPLODE!!! VOTE!!! =D

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

I vote for tooty the hamster because he's funny and squaks like a girl.

simmonz
simmonz
79 posts
Nomad

I vote for Blink182

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I don't like very much Blink182. I prefer Good Charlotte, I just wanna live and dance floor anthem are quite good songs.
Therefore I vote Good Charlotte.

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Blink 182. I'm currently listening to them, actually. I've listened to them on and off for the last 4 or 5 years, so yeah, Blink 182.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

It's the longest running thread in the history of AG2! =D

No, I believe that would be this thread. But this one's been around for a while - one of the older threads in AG2.

Hrm . . . tough choice for me, because I' not a fan of either band. But Good Charlotte is catchier to me, thus meaning the lack of substance is less noticeable.
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Simmonz, your vote doesn't count because you gave no reason.

Tomertheking, I don't even know what to do with your "vote".

The rest of the votes strike legit, thus making the score:

Good Charlotte - 3
Blink 182 - 1

Blink 182 is going for a streak of... wait for it.. 2!! The winner of this battle will go on to challenge the winner of the next battle. This format is likely to bring some odd parings to this thread, which I fully expect to take some heat for. But as they say, any publicity is good publicity.

As always, any suggestions, comments or otherwise can be directed to my profile.

Thanks!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Hmmmm... it seems people are forgetting this thread every once in a while and it just doesn't seem right to me... everyone loves to vote for one or another band when they're in battle, so let's keep this thread alive and kicking, shall we?!

Score still remains at:

Good Charlotte - 3
Blink 182 - 1

Any suggestions for battles can be posted on ilberics's profile, just a reminder on the choice YOU have to suggest a battle you'd like to see in action here... =D

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I'll post my vote to kep this battle going, because there hasn't been a single vote in for 4 days!!!
Come on people... I mean, this thread just deserves a lot more people participating in it!!! =D

My vote goes to Good Charlotte!!! They simply have the complete package with songs, music and a great lead vocalist!!! Something Blink 182 juuuuust doesn't make a whole...

With my personla vote in, score shows:

Good Charlotte - 4
Blink 182 - 1

COME ON PEOPLE!!! VOTE!!!

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Well, Good Charlotte wins the last battle by a score so pathetic, I'm not going to bother repeating it..

Your new battle is this:

Ozzy Osbourne

Vs.

Alice Cooper

This battle brought to you by Google567. Sorry it took so long to get here. It would have come a lot sooner had we had more votes (and thus moving each battle along quicker).

If I cared more I would have posted video examples, but I'm not sure my heart is in this thread anymore. This battle and possible future battles will determine if I keep my post or not I guess. We'll see.

grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

I vote for Ozzy cause I love Pyscho Man (by Black Sabbath).

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

My vote is going for ozzy. I like the songs by him and Black sabbath better than those of Alice Cooper, and generally, I like the overall sound better. Plus, he bit the head off a bat.

Showing 3196-3210 of 4274