ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608409
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
sk8brder246
sk8brder246
740 posts
Nomad

i like kiss more but i dont really like either

redfox0071
redfox0071
5 posts
Nomad

LINKIN PARK FOREVER!!!!

redfox0071
redfox0071
5 posts
Nomad

LP FOPREVER!!

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Redfox, first off look to see what the current battle is. the battle is Eminem vs. Jay-z. And second, even if Linkin Park were in the battle, you would need to have a reason for why you voted for them for the vote to count.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

The current score is:

Eminem - 3
Jay-Z - 2

Another one of those long ones.
I still don't get how threads can be...300 pages long!?!
But whatever

You have to have a thread that has the ability to be fresh by changing something within the same parameters.. in other words, it's not a thread of Aerosmith vs. Kiss as some people continue to believe.. It's a battle of the bands, and we keep putting up different bands (expanded to different artists) to battle against each other.. That and spam-ish threads like yours which really has nothing to do with anything..

i like kiss more but i dont really like either

Good, then maybe you'd care to vote for one of the two artists that are actually in the battle (see score above)..

LINKIN PARK FOREVER!!!!

And this is completely useless. While I do like Linkin Park, they have nothing whatsoever to do with the subject at hand..

LP FOPREVER!!

And this is completely useless (yes, the redundancy is intentional), except with worse spelling..

And last but not least, thank you waluigi for being a deputy of sorts when we aren't in the immediate vacinity.
digi_cai
digi_cai
272 posts
Viceroy

Jay-Z

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Seems like a lot of new users have found this competition and need to be reminded of the rules for this thread...

# 'BotB' thread rules #

1. Battles are chosen by the moderators of this thread,
but you can suggest new battles onilberic's profile;
2. You can only vote one time for each battle posted
(current battle can be found on the last page of this thread);
3. Do not spam (duh) in this thread;
4. Do not complain if the band you want to win loses the battle;

Next to these 4 simple rules, the main rules for voting threads are in effect:
# VS Thread Rules
# **Read before posting!** Battle of the "....." Threads.
# AG Forum Rules

Please make your posts according to these rules, ok?

Score remains the same:

Eminem - 3
-vs.-
Jay-Z - 2

Now... let's get some real and proper votes in, shall we!
We're looking forward to count them!

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Honestly I don't like much either of them.
This said, I am going to vote Jay-Z, some of his songs are mildly interesting and entertaining. Whereas, in my opinion the vast majority of Eminem's songs are plain boring.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

what!ÿ
i tough this was a thread about bands

Yeah eminem wins, NEXT battle please!

DaRkNe5s.. your posts are pretty much spam. Either hit us with a serious post (in other words a vote with an explanation or reasoning) or stop posting at all.. Also, only moderators decide when battles are done and what votes count, and this one is far from over...

in fact, with goumas13's vote the score is:

Jay-Z - 3
Eminem - 3

so the score is tied. I'm glad to see there is more honest interest in voting in this battle as opposed to flaming due to the music style change, considering that rappers don't really qualify as "bands"..

Thanks to everyone who continues to contribute to this thread!
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

How about you guys go report to a mod (that is, a forum one, not a "count the score a hundred times"-mod), instead of trying to uphold the rules yourself? That way you don't have to repeat yourself (and post the score a hundred times/once each of your posts), you would also have a cleaner thread because we would know where and when to delete a post.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

cenere. you should vote for one of these fine canadates while your here

mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

I have to say Eminem because i like his style of rapping. His Slim Shady songs are pretty funny. I know this has been said a thousand times, but eminem raps about life, not drugs, cars and girls. I have an idea for a new battle how about,:
Daft Punk vs. Deathmau5?

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Oh, we're moving on to rappers now, huh? Well, my vote goes towards Eminem. In a world where one autotuned voice sounds just like another, Eminem adds a fresh element to hip-hop, and his songs have a powerful, symphonic quality to them; Jay-Z sounds old and washed up.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

not drugs

i beg to differ.....

Daft Punk vs. Deathmau5?

ill make sure it happens.
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok, the votes now tally up to:

Eminem - 5
Jay-z - 3

Cenere, going to forum moderators has the feel of running to tell mommy and I just don't feel it's necessary. Also I try not to post scores between every vote. I try to do them either when the thread has gone a while without action, or it's had significant action and gone a while between score updates (especially if it has moved to the next page). Or, as in this case, if I have a response to something that was asked of me or said to me. So I apologize if the way I attack this thread upsets you.

delossantosj - good point
mdv96 - battle suggestion noted, but please post them on my profile in the future. Thanks!

Showing 3256-3270 of 4274