ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2607507
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
Turin
Turin
104 posts
Shepherd

my vote is seabird,

the first few seconds of rescue got to me man

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

They all look the same, sound almost the same... difficult to make up your mind if you don't know them. I listened to those six songs, I must say they are not bad, it's easy listening, but none really struck me.
I'll give my vote to Thirteen Senses, because they appear a bit more original, less generic to me. This counts for their music as well as the singer's voice.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

So I'm guessing you don't like alternative? D:

Alternative is fine in some cases and in some cases I even enjoy it... In this case, I don't. If it was the same music with a different singer, it might change it altogether. But like I said, I don't like either of their voices.
deth4
deth4
759 posts
Nomad

Coldplay because Chris Martin is a champion

Death cab would make a very good decision if they broke up and Ben Gibbard focused on the Postal Service again

deth4
deth4
759 posts
Nomad

Also i really like Aaron Morgans voice from Seabird, but my vote goes to thirteen senses because Seabird is too christian, they sounds very similar to Unhindered.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Uhh... I used to like Seabird, but then I realized their too mellow, sound too much like Coldplay, and their lyrics are queer. (I've been in love with you since we were just babes?)

On the other hand, Thriteen Senses has a very unique aspect to them. Their songs mostly start with a great intro, and unique guitar to go along with the unique voice.

Thirteen Senses

EarPass
EarPass
1 posts
Nomad

Could you have picked two whiter bands if you tried?

Answer: No.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Could you have picked two whiter bands if you tried?

Answer: No.

Guess you never heard of Rush, or about 100 other bands.
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

This battle is obviously not working. I've got a good battle in mind after this, so if no new votes come soon, the battle will be changed. The current score is:

Thirteen senses: 4
Seabird: 0

Turin, you need more reasoning than that for your vote to count.

they sounds very similar to Unhindered.

0_0...where did you hear of Unhindered?
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

So after two weeks, I've come to a conclusion; this battle sucked. So the final score is:

Thirteen Senses: 4
seabird: 0

So time for a new battle that I hope will go over better:

Foreigner vs. Journey

Foreigner
Jukebox Hero
Long Long Way From Home
Hot Blooded

Journey:
Wheel in the Sky
Anyway You Want It
Ask the Lonely
and you all know the one I didn't post.

Any suggestions for new battles are gladly accepted. Let the battle begin.

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,124 posts
Blacksmith

I'll have to ring up a vote for Journey. Neal Schon had some awesome guitar solos and guitar riffs in Wheel in the Sky, Don't Stop Believing, and Anyway You Want It. This was a great match up, but I vote for...

Journey

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Allthough Dont Stop Beliving is the only old song most people know in my school, im going with Foreigner. Good songs, distinctive sound, nice vocals.

DesertDweller
DesertDweller
1 posts
Nomad

WHO CAAAAARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

most people know that i hate journy. i cant stand them. foreigner on the other hand i actually do like a bit. when they come on the radio i dont change it.

i just find their sound much better if you ask me

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I'll pick Journey pretty easily in this one. I think Steve Perry's voice is just amazing. But maybe even more amazing is that they found another guy with basically the same exact voice. Chalk one up for YouTube. Foreigner has never put out anything that's excited me.

Showing 3541-3555 of 4274