ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2607447
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Both bands featured in this battle are excellent and have their own style within a similar music genre, so this makes for a pretty tough choice here! =/

Hmmmm... let's see... both bands have had several awesome HUGE hits and always make me turn up the volume whenever their are on air, but Journey somehow excites me juuuust a little more! Reasons would probably be the sheer perfection of Steve Perry's voice and the fact they managed to get a vocal clone in the form of Arnel Pineda through YouTube when he decided to quit (no intention of copy-ing your reasoning there ilberic) and of course Neal Schon being both a humble man as well as an excellent guitar player that has the ability to give you an ear-full of sweet tones during one of his solos... this man understands what a solo is all about! So, my vote clearly goes to Journey! They simply beat Foreigner by 10/8 in my personal battle! =D

FALLEN950
FALLEN950
161 posts
Nomad

OMG! Impossible to choose, i love them both and they each have the great music, I think the Journey guys are better people, but Foreigner is more my type of music... Journeyall the way though

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

And now for a quick update. Our score is:

Journey: 2
Foreigner: 2

Jsakim and Fallen: Both of your votes require better reasoning to be counted.

Hopefully we'll get more votes soon. It's a bit of a slow start.

CaptainSamoa
CaptainSamoa
364 posts
Nomad

This is a difficult one. Foreigner and Journey (to me at least) are two similar bands. The one thing that differentiates the two is the feel of the music. With some thinking, I will have to choose Journey, simply because their songs are timeless and, once again, Steve Perry's incredible vocals. I like Foreigner as well, but, when compared to Journey, they aren't as good. Journey takes my vote.

FALLEN950
FALLEN950
161 posts
Nomad

Well I don't have time to waste typing an essay why i like one band better than the other. So whatever this is a waste of time.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

It doesn't need to be an essay (although some users do that, like me). Dudeguy's and Delos's votes would be example of short but good votes.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

You know, it's been a while since I've actually voted for a battle. Here it goes. I vote for Foreigner. I love Mick Jones' vocals, and the bands ability to change from harder songs like "Jukebox Hero" and "Double Vison" to softer songs like "Cold As Ice" and "Starrider". Not only this, but I love the saxophone they have going in many of their songs, especially in "Urgent". So Foreigner gets my vote.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Couldn't resist to make it a tie again huh waluigi?! LOL XD

I'll make a short score count to relieve you from posting 3 in a row here...

Score update shows:

Journey : 3
Foreigner : 3

Since it's a tie and only 6 votes so far... I guess it's time to do another ralley to get some more people joining the battle! =)

Come on you guys! Pick your favorite, write up that elaborated reasoning and state that vote!!!

Every vote is welcome here! Keep 'em coming! =D

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Journey. They are more popular and have better songs in my opinion. They made Don't Stop Believing which is popular still.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Journey - because glee cover them.
LULZ JOKES.

Their songs are a lot better in my opinion.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Don't Stop Believing is a good song AvengedSevenfold11. I will say that it does get over played though.

GrazingBuffalo
GrazingBuffalo
32 posts
Nomad

I would have to go with Foreigner for this one. Similar bands, but I think Journey is a little bit overated

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

It's time for another update.

score is now:

Journey: 5
Foreigner: 3

@ Jefferysinspiration and daleks: Your reasoning was pretty thin, but I'll count them. In the future, you need to elaborate a little bit more.

@ Grazingbuffalo: You need to have reasoning for why Foreigner is better, not just why you think Journey is worse. There needs to be a little bit more elaboration for the vote to count.

I've got a battle planned for the next battle, but suggestions are still wanted. If you got one, put it on my profile.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Hello, is this thing on. We need more votes! Only eight votes in who knows how many weeks? come on!

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

We need a florescent sticky. Or maybe no sticky would be better.

Showing 3556-3570 of 4274