ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2607391
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I don't think sticking the thread is an issue, as the CRBWC seems to have done well.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Maybe people just don't like you. Or us. Or the bands.

MUSE vs. THE KILLERS

You'll be getting votes in no time.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I'll save that battle for the next one after this, but I already had a battle suggested. So seeing as no new votes have come in in weeks, it's time for a battle change the new battle is:

Bullet for my Valentine vs. Avenged Sevenfold

*battle suggested by AvengedSevenfold.

Bullet for my Valentine:
Tears Don't Fall
Waking the Demon
Hearts Burst Into Fire

Avenged Sevenfold:
Beast and the Harlot
Nightmare
So Far Away

Please vote more. Please. Let the battle begin.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

I'm going to have to say my vote is for Avenged Sevenfold as well.
I like both bands, but it seems to me that many Bullet for my Valentine songs sound the same(this is just my opinion) whereas Avenged Sevenfold has done several different songs of multiple genres(for example, listen to Unholy Confessions from Waking the Fallen then Dear God from their self-titled album, and tell me they haven't covered the whole playing field as far as genres go).

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

i gotta go with bullet. they are MUCH MUCH more consistant then avenged sleven fold. ive always found bullets music much for fun to listen to also. A-Sleven-X ruined themselves for me with the peace of crap that was nightmare

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I'll vote for Bullet for my Valentine. Not because I like them all that much, they're ok. But I rather dislike Avenged Sevenfold. I don't like the singer's voice, the music doesn't really grab me at all. I'd just as soon have them go away.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

BMFV is probably the most average metal band in the world. They're so mainstream, whereas Avenged Sevenfold is very unique in their style. When an A7X song comes on the radio, you know right away that it's them. Plus, there is a lot more talent in A7X than in BFMV, so I'm going with A7X

pauler94
pauler94
2,513 posts
Nomad

I'm going to vote for Bullet For My Valentine. I like their music a lot. They're nowhere near one of my favorites or one of the best bands, but I love songs like Your Betrayal, Tears Don't Fall (my favorite, how original), and Scream Aim Fire. I think Matthew Tuck is a very good vocalist. On the other hand, I really, really hate A7X and their annoying fans. I don't think any of them are very good musicians at all, and that they're overrated. The Rev is the most overrated musician in the 21st century. He is nowhere near the greatest drummer of all time like people say he is, they just need to stop only listening to A7X. Don't believe me? I used to always listen to AC/DC and thought their drummer (Phil Rudd) was the greatest drummer of all time. Laugh all you want at that. So yeah, I'm going to go with Bullet For My Valentine.

AvengedSevenfold11
AvengedSevenfold11
529 posts
Nomad

fold. ive always found bullets music much for fun to listen to also. A-Sleven-X ruined themselves for me with the peace of crap that was nightmare

Dont let that ruin them for you, I dont like that album either, best album is Self titled, city of evil or waking the fallen, cant decide, but im sure they will improve! MY vote gows to them SO MUCH TALENT synyster gates is an amaing guitarist, Rev was an amzind drummer (shure not the best but way better than acdc's ****y does the same thing for every song drummer) and Seize The Day is the most powerful song you can find

Bullet is Amazing to We all love matt tuck, and michael thomas is a very underatted drummer, then theres Padget
pauler94
pauler94
2,513 posts
Nomad

Rev was an amzind drummer (shure not the best but way better than acdc's ****y does the same thing for every song drummer)

I'm not saying he's bad. It's just that people need to stop calling him the best drummer ever, he's nowhere near that. If A7X needs a new drummer, they can get Travis Smith, used to be in Trivium. He's got the same skills as the Rev except he's like 20 times better. Listen to Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr, Throes of Perdition, or Into the Mouth of Hell We March, and listen to the drums. It's incredible.

But I'll say that the only A7X song that I kinda like is Afterlife. I listened to some of Nightmare but I can only respect that Mike Portnoy played drums for that album.
AvengedSevenfold11
AvengedSevenfold11
529 posts
Nomad

I like the Nightmare album. What's wrong with it?

Its just not that great, sure i like it, just not like the others
Love natural born killer and god hates us though!
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Update time! The current score with votes that count is

BFMV: 3
Avenged Sevenfold: 4

Strop, I'm only counting yours because you changed the thread title for me.

@ narutoninja, obryancd, and gbnxc: You need reasoning behind your votes for them to count. Just look at the votes that counted to see what I meant.

FoodYum
FoodYum
32 posts
Nomad

This is a tough one, but I'm gonna go with A7X too, City of evil is just such a great album, their self-titled album is quite good too. Not really a fan of their metalcore (except second heartbeat, great song). And BFMV isn't bad, but IMO A7X is just slightly better. About Nightmare: some of the songs are quite good(nightmare, welcome to the family, natural born killer, god hates us, save me).

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Omg nice one.
Bullet for my valentine has some great songs like Scream Aim Fire
But A7x too.
I think I go with A7x

calemango
calemango
82 posts
Nomad

I prefer avenged sevenfold so my vote goes there. I like there songs such as god hates us and so far away. And I suppose I'll admit I like them a bit more than BFMV. There's my explanation.

Showing 3571-3585 of 4274