ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2606481
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Something about Elton's music makes him seem oddly likeable. I don't know whether it's the piano, the warm smile, the festive glasses, or the fact that he's married to a Canadian man named David, but whatever the reason, he's always seemed like someone who will always be there for you through thick and thin.

I respect people who embrace being different and strange, but David Bowie pushed for it instead of letting it come naturally to him. To a certain extent, he was definitely genuinely unusual, but he practically turned straying away from the mainstream into a competitive sport.

Elton John gets my vote.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I vote for David Bowie, because of Let's Dance and Dancing in the street. I haven't a heard a single song by Elton John.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Elton John is cooler.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Elton, Rocket Man is a good song.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Whoa-boy. I forgot about the site for awhile, due to college happening. I didn't realize that the thread died when I left. Holy...I'm super sorry about that. Wow.

As for my vote, I cast it for Elton John. While both artists have a certain strangeness about them, Elton seems to be the more likable of the two, with a more openness about him. Plus, his live shows are amazing, both audibly and visually; for me, just listing to the live album Here and There gives a sense of how amazing he was and is. Therefore, without a doubt, my vote goes for Elton John.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Oh! Hey waluigi!

Vote:
I will cast my vote for Elton John as well! Both make awesome music, but Elton always gets my attention with evey song he sings, whereas David sometimes looses my interest after a while... Elton also has a distinct personality, as where David Bowie (sadly) decided to change his over time. Both started out as eccentric singers, but Elton stayed true to his performance, which I will always admire. =)

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

I'm voting for David Bowie.

While i do say that both certainly have a huge amount of influence on rock music and both are outstanding musicians and people, David Bowie's music i like a bit better than Elton Johns, and i also think that David Bowie had maybe a liiiiiittle more influence then Elton.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Both are hugely influential people and talented musicians, I personally am not a fan of Elton John but not knocking him. David Bowie has the best style and prefer his music to Eltons.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Elton John -vs- David Bowie (Page 404)

I guess this is why they won't update the Page thing in the title...
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I'M FEELING VERY STILLLLLL
AAAANNND I THINK MY SPACESHIP KNOWS WHICH WAY TO GO-WHOA
tell me wife I love her very much
SHE KNOOOOOOWWWWSS

GROUND CONTROL TO MAJOR TOM YOUR CIRCUIT'S DEAD
THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG
CAN YOU HEAR ME MAJOR TOM?!
CAN YOU HEAR ME MAJOR TOM?1
CAN YOU HEAR ME MAJOR TOM?!

CAN YOU HHHHHEEEAAAARRRR THAT I'M VOTING FOR BOWIE
FOOOORRRRR I GREW UP TO HIM
HIM WITH DURAN DURAN
WAS VERY AWESOME TOO

DUN dunDUN dunDUN DUN DUN CLAP CLAP

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

Elton John, because to me he is the most reassuring man in music.

valboss84
valboss84
1,526 posts
Farmer

I've never listened to Elton John music so much (even if he's making great one of course), so my vote goes to Bowie. His music is special, but so good (I remember to have listened to Life on Mars so many times, one of my fav songs).

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Another round, another winner!

---------------------------
Elton John - 11
David Bowie - 7
---------------------------

I apologize greatly for my absence during the past couple weeks... I haven't had any time to come online and I may not get much more for some time, but I've asked someone to cover for me in my absence and, knowing their dedication to this community, I don't doubt that they'll find the time! =)

I haven't a heard a single song by Elton John.

That's why I gave you links to a few of them. =)

@Charlie506 - your reasoning is not sufficient and therefore I can't count your vote... be sure to elaborate more next time!

@R2D21999 - I counted your vote, but the reasoning is a little on the thin side!

And now, without further ado, I bring you the next battle...

Led Zeppelin

http://wikimetal.uol.com.br/site/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/LedZeppelin1973_Gruen.jpg

Stairway to Heaven
Whole Lotta Love
Black Dog
Immigrant Song
Over the Hills and Far Away

vs.

The Who

http://thewho.com/wp-content/gallery/the-who-in-the-seventies/70_who_all_in_a_row_640.jpg

Baba O'Riley
Won't Get Fooled Again
Who Are You?
My Generation
Pinball Wizard

Ready... set... VOTE!!
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I have been asked to run this thread in what's-his-name's absence. Until he returns to his post as battle master, I will be in charge of posting battles and counting votes and whatnot, so if you have any suggestions for future battles (do people even do that anymore?), I'm the guy to contact for the time being.

Unless anyone has any objection.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

No mentioning of No Quarter for Led Zeppelin!? :O
That's by far my favorite song by them!

Anyway, I've always looked at The Who as a pop group with too much energy to burn. The teenage themes were pretty original, though, because there weren't many bands before them who sang about angst. I guess you could say they were pioneers in stage antics and modernly cliche lyrics. Music wise, their only two songs I can stand are Pinball Wizard and My Generation. Who Are You is so overplayed it isn't even funny anymore (though the same can be said for Stairway), and Won't Get Fooled Again drives me up the wall.

Led Zeppelin is one of my favorite bands of all time. Robert Plant is my second favorite singer ever, and Jimmy Page is my second favorite guitarist ever. John Bonham was one of the most innovative metal drummers alongside Bill Ward. John Paul Jones was a very talented bassist, but I don't feel he was on the same level as the other three. Nonetheless, still a **** good musician.

If it isn't obvious by now, I'm going with Zep.

Showing 4021-4035 of 4274