ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4275 2401057
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,275 Replies
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Meh, neither do much for me. Based on example songs, Kinks are slightly better.

For the next battle, could we have Queens of the Stone Age vs Smashing Pumpkins or Manic Street Preachers vs The Smiths?

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

I didnt even have to listen to any kinks songs just now to determine that I like the kinks better.. i dont listen to them as often as i should. Man those guys rock!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

I need to admit that I prefer the cleaner sound, 'softer' voice, better guitar vibe and overall setup of The Kinks compared to The Stooges... don't get me wrong, Iggy Pop and The Stooges have had a tremendous impact in the history of music, especially for the birth and growth of Metal music in particular, but I've never been able to wrap my head around the punk-styled, irradic music they made... I think Iggy's to blame for that part, heh. =P

For those who haven't guessed it yet, my vote goes to: The Kinks!! =)

"I met her in a club down in North Soho
Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry cola
Cee-O-L-A cola...

She walked up to me and she asked me to dance
I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said, "Lola"
L-O-L-A Lo-oh-la, lo lo lo lo Lola-haa"

Hmmm...

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Raw power you say? Ironically, I hear more raw power coming from The Kinks than I do from The Stooges. The Kinks had one of the first truly powerful sounds in rock music, whereas I think The Stooges sound more like raw noise. I've heard they do give spectacular live performances, but their recorded tracks aren't anything special to me.

Kinks.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Definitely the Kinks, they don't write lyrics the way those guys did anymore. Meh, I don't really know how to explain it, just like the others here. Their sound is just crisper? Neater, and more simple. Like drinking a neat whiskey compared to a Bloody Mary with all the vegetable/tomato taste. Anyway, I like that English accent more.

valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

I've more listened to the Stooges music, so my vote goes to them. Their music is simple, but ****, that is real rock!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Everyone is so tired. Tired of waiting. Tired of waiting for me. To post a new battle, as this one has clearly ended.

Kinks - 6
Stooges - 2

So with that, we shall travel a few decades into the future and jump to a more electronic sound with our next two groups.

Fatboy Slim

http://vivalamarty.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/fatboy-slim-75_thumb1.jpg

Weapon of Choice
The Rockafeller Skank
Praise You
Right Here Right Now
Push the Tempo

vs.

Daft Punk

http://www.gq.com/images/style/2013/05/daft-punk/daft-punk-630.jpg

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Around the World
Robot Rock
Da Funk
Get Lucky (ft. Pharrell Williams & Nile Rodgers)

We're up all night to vote right here, right now.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Hmmm... I find this very hard. It's difficult to choose in the face of such mediocrity. On balance, I think fatboy slim has more talent. Slightly.

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

The rockafeller skank is an awesome song. so is weapon of choice and christopher walken is hilarious in that video. Fatboy slim.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I enjoy Daft Punk more, but I'm more a fan of their earlier work. Call me a hipster if you will, but now that they've gone mainstream, their music has become much less appealing. I still like them better than Fatboy Slim, though.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I respect both of these artists despite some of the genres they dabble in. Because there are more Daft Punk songs I like than Fatboy Slim songs I like, it's only logical for me to vote for Daft Punk.

Call me a hipster if you will, but now that they've gone mainstream, their music has become much less appealing.

I haven't listened to much of their recent stuff, but I don't count "Get Lucky" as Daft Punk.
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I vote Daft Punk. Get Lucky is just amazing.

jeff2241
jeff2241
120 posts
Nomad

daft punk is the daftest of the punkiest. how do you compete with that epic technologic video? those robot frenchmen are my heroes.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Daft Punk was better when they were a three piece band

Fatboy slim...one of the people i grew up listening to.
"Right about now, the fun soul brother
Check it out now"
will always live strong in my mind

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

This battle, though close, has clung to life for far too long. A new battle must take place as soon as possible.

Daft Punk - 4
Fatboy Slim - 3

So I will go with a suggestion from BotB veteran @MrDayCee and cee where it goes...

AC/DC

http://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JPG_400/MI0003/090/MI0003090436.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

TNT
Back in Black
Highway to Hell
You Shook Me All Night Long
Hells Bells

vs.

Airbourne

http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/airbourne4.jpg

Runnin' Wild
Live It Up
Back in the Game
Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast
No Way But The Hard Way

I'm back, in the game, in black, and it's time for you to vote it up all night long.

Showing 4111-4125 of 4275