ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

5646 5971350
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/hinthintnudgewinknudge.jpg

• 5,646 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

That Mary-sue test is very puzzling.

Actually no. Usually, it is quite easy to answer, but if your character is Mary Sue, it can usually be done without thinking, while more original characters will have to be thought through, and every answer is more like a confirmation.

Hmm, well I could use my other characters I guess. I might tweek my new one a little bit. But I'm confused what to do right now. Any help?

It is usually not any good to try and tweak other people's characters, mainly because they would know them better than you do.
But, I would say you might need some counterweight for the physical and psychological star he is. Made make it that his intelligence is, well, really good, but he lacks something (common sense) to make it work properly, but then again, it has to fit the character.

am I in?

Yes.

Umm... Sorry Cenere, but I want to change my character a little bit. Sorry about getting back to you so late. I was at a bass camp. Fortunately, a ghost shouldn't be that complex or hard to draw. I just want to know if it's possible to make Hojoko's hair a bit more curly, less spiky. Something about spiky seems so... steriotypical of male teenage protagonists.

There is a difference between this, and what Jdogg decided to do. It is easier just to change a little part like the hair before the deadline, than simply throwing the characters off, and put new ones in.
I think it is fine.

i think most of the hair on the character fit them.

Maybe just besides Cen, huh.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Hair is fine, Jdogg, I'll get back to you on email.

Further notice: there will be NO opportunity for character changes AFTER the deadline.

...at least until the WoM starts. If you really NEED to make changes they'll have to be minimal such that I'm able to ret-con them without changing plot etc. Hair style is a good example of this...unless said hair is ever involved in a plot device.

Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

Can't to see your new concept art for the characters.

Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

Bump

Also can't wait to see what jokes you make out of my charaacter :P

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I know you're excited, but no need to bump, I'm going to be a little hard to contact for the next few days, just to frustrate you all a little more :3

Also I'm really friggen tired.

Not to worry, the deadlines will run as planned (or as much as you guys let me- just remember, hold me up, and you hold us all up!)

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Apologies to Strop for the effort put in going over my character and depicting him, but due to completely unforseen work issues, I'll be off AG for about 4 months starting 20th July, so naturally I'm withdrawing from the WoM, as I'll be unable to participate for the bulk of the contest.

I'm freakin' pissed, as my bosses gave me zero warning. Sorry for throwing a spanner in the works. Meh, I'm sure you guys will find some way to have fun without me

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Finally back!

I just saw your interperetation of my character... I like everything about it except the mouth. I was hoping for a more human-esque one but, y'know, I'll live with it.

Can't wait for the fifth, by the way.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

I got 15 in the Mary Sue test for Chill. . . .

That's still in the lowest range possible.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Sorry to hear that, Firefly. I for one was looking forward to seeing what you had.

None of my characters have scored more than 8. I figured most of my characters were a lot worse. Once you see what I'm playing in the WoM you'll see what I mean.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Sorry to hear that, Firefly. I for one was looking forward to seeing what you had.

Cheers. Yea, it totally sucks. I was really looking forward to it. Ahh well, maybye when I get back there'll be a new competition.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

None of my characters have scored more than 8. I figured most of my characters were a lot worse. Once you see what I'm playing in the WoM you'll see what I mean.
I scored 18... Me, as a person. Without counting the "does your character have a name like your own name" questions because they're ridiculous if you test yourself.

Cheers. Yea, it totally sucks. I was really looking forward to it. Ahh well, maybye when I get back there'll be a new competition.
4-5 months will probably still be in the WoM, but if it goes well there'll probably be a third similar thing. Too bad with the unexpected work issue. :<
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

4-5 months will probably still be in the WoM, but if it goes well there'll probably be a third similar thing. Too bad with the unexpected work issue. :<

Yea, I was afraid of that. I guess with so many participants, it'd take a while to whittle the numbers down. Ahh well. A man can dream.

I'm actually quite pleased with where I'm going (Florida, woo!), but the fact it's such short notice is really annoying.
Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

Well on the lowest score possible it suggests you spice up your character some, but i got a 29
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Well on the lowest score possible it suggests you spice up your character some, but i got a 29
Trust me- my character is plenty spicy.

I scored 18... Me, as a person. Without counting the "does your character have a name like your own name" questions because they're ridiculous if you test yourself.
I'm... I'm a 4. I'm sure many of the questions are more applicable when you're older.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I'm... I'm a 4. I'm sure many of the questions are more applicable when you're older.
Maybe my life is just messed up. *cynical laughter*
Or I'm just quirky like that.

Cenere (the character, not real life Cen) scored -2, if I remember correctly...
Showing 436-450 of 5646