ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

5646 5971512
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/hinthintnudgewinknudge.jpg

• 5,646 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

if you have an issue with my interpretation and you'd like it changed, you MUST give me instructions as to what you'd like changed about it.

hmm...the only thing that bothers me is that going by the sheath of the sword you drew the character with a double edged blade when every time in the past that I have drawn the crimson blade(mainly for the art competition I believe) it has always been single bladed, mainly because its the crimson blade not crimson blades so while it is a small detail it is a pretty meaningful one to me.
random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

Not all victims have bad tings happen to them

Yes they do, that's why they are called victims. Victim of something, or someone. Eeeep.....
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Not all bad characters are Mary-Sues :P
Thanks, Strop.

Also, all this talk about our characters being victims has me worried. Worried that you're bluffing that is. I mean, in the MWT horrible events to come were always implied but the GM never really followed through.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

in the MWT horrible events to come were always implied but the GM never really followed through.
o.O You're kidding.
Or you have a very different sense of what "horrible events" are. . .

But I shall gladly arrange for some tentacle rapings or other tortures for your character in WoM if you don't think you get victimized enough~ No problem~
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

But in the MWT we never had to deal with any of the supposed bad stuff. It was always "Something awful happens! Don't worry though, I'll get back to you when the NPCs solve it and you can get back to the game." While the victimization in the MWT looks real on paper, I feel that it failed to supply the players with a tangible challenge to overcome.

But I shall gladly arrange for some tentacle rapings
Evan's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion? Sorry, had to mention that because my WoM character had a run-in with that spell. But my point here is that such a 'torture' is, frankly, not really my problem. No matter how AG inappropriate your descriptions, the player does not actually have to deal with this event.

I guess I'll expand on this later as questions are asked.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

One: "Victestant" is not victim. It is a blend. Commonly used by me, because I know what Strop is planning, and it sounds fun.
Two: ... No, not going to bring it up. But I will say the MWT was a first time try. If you did not think it was gory enough, you might need to check the pg-rating for this forum.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Thanks, Strop.

You're welcome.

I sort-of see what Xzeno's point was- it's not that nothing bad happened, it's that the player interaction ended up feeling limited. Seeing as the nearer end of the MWT, there was (what seemed to be) a huge chunk of action that had no input from the players. Though to be completely honest it only seemed this way because there was such a long delay in getting it written :P It really wasn't that much, and to be completely honest I don't think this is a result of Cenere's shortcomings because how is one supposed to write individually how you deal with stuff as a group? Give people group assignments? Delegate individual tasks? That defeats the purpose!

I thought about how this might be addressed so I'll give you the following points:

1) This is set in the AG-verse of which there should be slightly more common knowledge of how things work. So there's more room for character involvement.

2) I'm relatively flexible as I'm going to adapt this however I want later on anyway.

3) You'll have to just wait and see how the plot unfolds to see what you'll end up doing!

So in short, don't you worry about what I'm doing. Worry about whether you're going to be able to handle your own character. After all, this, in essence, is an audition, and places are limited.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hey Strop...I entered with just a day or two to spare!

And now is the date of the end! Although not yet for those not in Australia...

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

Lol im in australia like right now and its 8:44 pm on the 5th of july..meening were almost a day over lol.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Okay, just to be clear, the closing time for applications is AG time, the midnight going into 6th July.

Cenere and I will still be sorting out some of the candidates' sheets by then, but as long as you've registered interest by then it should be fine. However after the 5th you can't ask us to change stuff on the sheets itself (portraits I haven't drawn yet are exceptions...as well as people who I've granted exception to due to extenuating circumstances).

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

*mumble*

Anyway, seemingly getting to the end of the list. There is a couple of questions I would like to ask Jess, but she is... Not available, so that will have to wait. Got the last set from Nicho, the guy who writes a lot on his character sheet, but seemed to left out the answer to a question (or I just skipped it), and it all seems to add up now.
Sadly Firefly had to leave, but we (Strop) still have plenty to look at.
Especially the tired Strop, who should be drawing, and me... Who should be drawing too, but nevermind that.
So, unless there have been any complains mailed to you, I will presume you are free to post the character sheet.

KinGsTyle
KinGsTyle
40 posts
Nomad

ok i think this is.. strange and you know i dont have a clue what this topic is about even though i read everything jeez

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Buh, I'm not even motivated enough to adjust the cast list right now. I will publish the full list after the close of the deadline. The list may still be subject to change because there are some transactions still under way.

Needless to say if you're finding it confusing...and you've read through the lot, then it's probably better not to join lol.

Sebi
Sebi
662 posts
Nomad

I want to join

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

You have approximately 13 hours in which to figure out what this is about and do what is required to join!

I suggest looking at the FAQ, which is stickied in this section of the forum.

Showing 466-480 of 5646