ForumsWEPRMichael Jackson is Dead!?!

310 60445
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Michael Jackson, the king of pop, died this afternoon of a heart attack at UCLA medical center.

• 310 Replies
mitnev
mitnev
65 posts
Nomad

by the way @ steevo15: cardiac arrest and heart attacks are two different things

Myocardial infarction (MI or AMI for acute myocardial infarction), commonly known as a heart attack, occurs when the blood supply to part of the heart is interrupted causing some heart cells to die. This is most commonly due to occlusion (blockage) of a coronary artery

A cardiac arrest, also known as cardiopulmonary arrest or circulatory arrest, is the abrupt cessation of normal circulation of the blood due to failure of the heart to contract effectively during systole.[1]
A cardiac arrest is different from (but may be caused by) a heart attack or myocardial infarction, where blood flow to the still-beating heart, is interrupted (as in cardiogenic shock).

In other words with a heart attack there's usually some sort of block and with cardiac arrest, your heart just stops.

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

Quoted from my best friend...

"what happened, the world feels at peace... Could it be that Michael Jackson is dead????? (everyone starts clapping and cheering)"

Awesome xD

But finally, the little children are safe!!! PARRRTTAAAYYYY!!!!

This will be great for the jokes though. His ghost is hiding in your bed kids.

deathgate7040
deathgate7040
30 posts
Nomad

even though he was a little strange it is still horrible he died. the king of pop was one of the best dancers i've ever seen! his moonwalk is amazing!!! i liked a lot of the songs he sung when he was a kid, and before he started getting those injections. My favorite song of his was Thriller!

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

cardiac arrest and heart attacks are two different things

No, they're the same things. A cardiac arrest is when your heart stops and tries to beat, a quiver of sorts. A heart attack is when your heart stops and tries to beat, a quiver of sorts. Same thing.
mitnev
mitnev
65 posts
Nomad

No, they're the same things

Um, no. Look it up. Do I have to keep citing things?

The term heart attack refers to damage to the muscle of the heart, usually from a lack of blood flow. Most of the time a blood clot forms in one of the arteries that supply heart muscle with blood, blocking the flow of blood. As the heart muscle starves it begins to die, causing chest pain and other heart attack symptoms.

Cardiac arrest happens when the heart stops pumping blood. With no pumping action, the blood pressure falls and blood is no longer forced into the muscles and organs of the body.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

i saw this on the news lika hour ago....then my parents had to watch it till the docters released more info

everyone's dying this week!!!

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Scratch that. I didn't read it.

So what your saying (or wikipedia by the looks of it) is a heart attack causes cardiac arrest, but they're still different? That is somewhat hypocritical as by that philosophy, a heart attack can't kill you.

mitnev
mitnev
65 posts
Nomad

No I've found it in TONS of different places.

The easiest way to put it is that a heart attack is a plumbing problem and cardiac arrest is an electrical problem.

MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

Oh noes.

MJ got thrilled.

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

The easiest way to put it is that a heart attack is a plumbing problem and cardiac arrest is an electrical problem.

Caused by a plumbing problem. There's something seriously wrong with someone if their heart just stops. I.e. I've never heard of it.
mitnev
mitnev
65 posts
Nomad

Geez. Plumbing as in clot, electrical as in irregular heart beats that eventually cause it to stop.

Go ask your doctor because obviously you don't know what you're talking about.

iamsuperawesome
iamsuperawesome
201 posts
Nomad

prayers be with michael R.I.P

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

I know what you meant. Peoples hearts usually stop BECAUSE of a heart attack. A clot causes your electricity to fail. Hearts aren't controlled by the brain, they're controled by the heart. Meaning the brain can't shut down the heart as a defense mechanism against a heart attack.

mitnev
mitnev
65 posts
Nomad

It is true that a heart attack can cause cardiac arrest, but that doesn't make them the same thing.

If your brain shut down your heart would stop wouldn't it?

Trust me, I know they are similar, but they aren't the same thing.

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Trust me on this, a heart attack cannot kill you without cardiac arrest. If you do suffer a 'silent' heart attack, you will most likely die several days later from the dead tissue rupturing, causing cardiac arrest. So, technically, we're both right.

If your brain shut down, your heart would still beat. That's why when brain death sets in you can still be 'alive.' Also works if you cut an alive persons or creatures heart out. Sort of gory, but it still beats.

Showing 76-90 of 310