ForumsWEPRi want to have a religios debate

42 9846
gorgasmicgorilla
gorgasmicgorilla
13 posts
Nomad

im a practicing catholic and was wondering wat religions every one else is and why there religon is right

• 42 Replies
Faranya
Faranya
5 posts
Nomad

I was Anglican, but I lef tthat church becasue I disagree with them on so much, I found it disrespectful towards them to remain in thier organization.

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

i find it hard to believe that there are 30,000 denominations of Christianity. 30,000 different churches maybe, but most churches belong to a larger denomination like southern baptist or nazerene. where did you find that stat?

armorkas
armorkas
396 posts
Nomad

as long as ur Christian, i hold no bad feelings toward u in my thoughts. although, im not catholic

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Eh. I was baptized Episcopal, but I wouldn't call myself really any denomination. I'm a Christian. I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. That's all that's important in my eyes. I'm not the one to judge, though. Practice whatever religion you want in whatever manner you want... as long as it doesn't involve human sacrifice xD
I still hold that organized religion is all about greed, though.

afrohorse13
afrohorse13
9 posts
Nomad

I dont have a problem with people beliving in religons its just some that i dont agree with like in christianity that scares you into thinking your going to go to hell if you dont belive.All in all if there were no religions there wouldnt be as much war a more peace.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

No, if there were no religion buddy, people wouldn't know how to live their lives. Not only is religion a way to guide you, its a way to keep you living like a human. And if there WERENT any, I'm pretty sure that Greed and hate would eventually kill us all, so there'd be a junki more load of war. Less religions I'd say would help, as long as Mines not the one thats excluded. xP

Anyway, Other factor, the words "Orthodox Christian" that are scattered around europe make a junki load of all those demoninations. Dunnno if its 30,000 or not.

[Lolz.. Just started using the word "Junki" dunno why, either. >.>]

afrohorse13
afrohorse13
9 posts
Nomad

that is kind of ignorant of you, and a bias look too..

afrohorse13
afrohorse13
9 posts
Nomad

the intolerance of each other's belifs and thinking the other is doing wrong causes problems and fights.

madgamer012
madgamer012
741 posts
Nomad

Your opinion depends on how you were raised, the enviorment you were raised in can tell a lot of things about a person.

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

i believe that there 30,000 different denominations, but there are because originally there was one belief, then people started disagreeing with some aspects of the original one, people did what THEY thought was right, not was God KNEW was right...pretty much all of those denominations are bull...

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Think about why people would do what they think is right, rather than what god tells them. To me, there are 2 options:
1) They have motives to go against god's will and thus salvation, or
2) There was no "original belief" to begin with, thus understanding what god wants is impossible.

If it's the first option, and you know what's supposed to happen, I don't really see sacrificing your supposed soul in order to manipulate people for selfish purposes as very cogent.
The second might seem more plausible, but both Christianity and Islam claim to be the "true" religion.

Or maybe there's a third option: god doesn't exist and people are inventing beliefs and aspects to their life and the universe that aren't really there.

Qforth
Qforth
14 posts
Nomad

i am an atheist god was made up because idiots didnt know what the fuck was going on in the world around them so they needed an explination to get their 5 year olds to stop crying

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Well, that's why everyone hates Atheists...I'd suggest not saying it so harsh.
Baptized Cathloic, but I too am athiest, by certain degrees. it's not i don't believe in all these gods are a waste of time and are made up and such, how am I supposed to know who's real and who's not? I just want nothing to do with them. To me, people shouldn't be so devoted to religion, as a lot of it, to me, is false and is completely absurd. However, I'm not out on a quest to prove everyone wrong, I just don't like it when I'm bothered to go to church and everything be tose people on the streets :|

garifu
garifu
145 posts
Shepherd

I think Armed_Blade has got some stuff right about what would happen if there was no religion... I think most of the world's population does need it, if only because of the state of their lives (poverty, disease, civil/international strife). And a lot of the developed world did use religion as a base for establishing law. Even though it is a source of much hatred and death, it could easily be replaced by some other source of hate (ethnicity, nationality, odor, etc.) So maybe we shouldn't get rid of it altogether. But everyone should still have the right to choose how to believe, and not be persecuted for it.

opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

i agnostic right now i was catholic until i was about 6 then i lost faith but dotn get me started on religion so ill leave my reply to i have no religion

Showing 16-30 of 42