ForumsThe Tavern[Look here][Necro]The most respected user on AG.

374 53747
Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

I don't know if this topic is acceptible or not, so if not Mods can lock it.

This is not a topic about teh most popular user on AG, which is what I think people may think about this topic. This topic is about the most respected user on AG, that user might only have 100AP but is still very respected on the site. I would rather this not turn into a big argument.

• 374 Replies
random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

[quote]Yes I know people respect me with hatred and irritation. Not the kind of respect you might have been talking about but still respected.

I respect you as a perv.

Agreed.
[/quote]

*Also agrees*

Right now, no one deserves my respect, because....well... no one has earned it.
zillacutz
zillacutz
514 posts
Nomad

I respect a handful of people, although I barely talk to them, but I do respect them.
Firetail, Pixie, all of the Moderators, Carlie, John. There may be some others.

with none of the moderators or carlie or john AG would suck! i said that it was getting old b4 but "WE" can make it better
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Re: ShintetsuWA

That is not the only thing he did. He stole art also. I dont know if I was supposed to say that but if I wasn't then sorry.

Well, our official line is if you ask, we'll tell! We just see no reason to advertise when a particular user is banned...but we would like to stress that if you steal art (or do anything illegal for that matter), you will get shut down!

I would have to say Strop or Firefly. I'm always learning how to tighten up my arguments from discussions they have, even when I'm just reading from the sidelines.

*sniffs* I'm touched, my life's work in the World Events Politics Religion etc. section is not for naught! *blows nose*
jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

Umm well in MY opinion andyandythin.

Most of you wouldnt know hi but i respect him tha most =)

Aggression
Aggression
90 posts
Nomad

Respect is a thing of personal opinion. In all truth, there is no real most respected person. There will always be people who disagree. I respect those who type with proper grammar, can take verbal hits, and respond to said hits with venom. Here, I'd have to say that whichever game designer who makes the popular game(s) is the most respected. By saying that you like their game you are respecting their game making skills, and by extension, respecting them. I'm too new to really know which maker would hold that position. Still, whoever holds above position (awkward speech pattern :\\) would be most respected in my opinion

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Respect? That's a hard choice...I respect just about everyone...except spamemrs/flammers/trolls. Sort of well...it's only polite....

So I'll keep mum on this.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

I respect Pixie, when he says nice things about Inter.

Well then imo Virgilio Fossati is a great player.

So I'll keep mum on this.

Your mum is a member :0 jk
Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

I respect just about everyone...except spamemrs/flammers/trolls

exaactly what is a troll. One user keeps calling me one, but manta says im not.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

*sniffs* I'm touched, my life's work in the World Events Politics Religion etc. section is not for naught! *blows nose*

I think I'll echo Strop's sentiments there.

Seriously though, anyone who seems semi intelligent gets my respect, and there's a fair few of those people on here, so I won't bore you with the long list by naming names, although I'm sure most of you are narcissistic enough to know who you are
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Your mum is a member :0 jk

Perhaps it's a typo, but I know that there's a phrase that sounds like that...and it means I will keep my trap shut.
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

exaactly what is a troll. One user keeps calling me one,

A Troll is.... basically someone who purposely sys infamatory things just for the responce it will get (usually negative) I think troll is pushing it in your case (I have read the show your face thread part assuming that is what you are on about)
Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

(I have read the show your face thread part assuming that is what you are on about)

Yes. I just was curious as to what it meant. I knew she didn't mean an actual troll.:P
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Perhaps it's a typo, but I know that there's a phrase that sounds like that...and it means I will keep my trap shut.

Sorry Nicho it was just a joke... you got the right phrase though it is something I never quite understood. I assuem it is that if you tell your mum a secret she won't tell anyone so you can trust your mum not to speak >.>
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I have heard the word "troll" a lot out of many user's mouths and almost all of them misuse the word. I don't know why, but everyone needs to learn that their is a difference between spamming, flaming, and trolling.

Spamming refers to unwanted messages and posts that have no weight. This includes advertising, short comments that carry no weight (sometimes you can say alot with a few words, most other times you can't), and off topic discusion.

Flaming is any form of degrading another user. This ussually involves personal conflict or clashing ideas and beleifs.

Trolling is a form of angering people, breaking rules, and stirring emotions and trouble for the sake of their own personal enjoyment or to start conflict with the entire site and it's users themselves. Though trolling may include spamming and/or flaming, that does not make every person who spams or flames a troll. Trolls usually do not flame on a personal level. When they do, they use a number of tricks to get back at the user (creating meaningless hate threads, stalking the user, spreading hate spam about them, and so on). Usually, a troll does not attack any one person, but anyone who crosses their path.

Remember, there is a fine line between trolling, flaming and spam.

MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

Bleh. Shin was a cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything. Or at least i thought. Some of his sigs were nicely and he'd talk about them in ways that sounded legit (gave me advice on some of my work that actually helped)

Kind of a slap in the face when i found out his account was 404'd. ;_;

Showing 31-45 of 374