ForumsThe Tavern[Look here][Necro]The most respected user on AG.

374 53744
Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

I don't know if this topic is acceptible or not, so if not Mods can lock it.

This is not a topic about teh most popular user on AG, which is what I think people may think about this topic. This topic is about the most respected user on AG, that user might only have 100AP but is still very respected on the site. I would rather this not turn into a big argument.

• 374 Replies
Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

Kind of a slap in the face when i found out his account was 404'd. ;_;

i have noticed a lot of users i search some up 404'd =.=
the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Rarw... I miss Shin. ;_; He was the first person to respect me (Besides maybe Pixie).

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

It finally occurs to me that I'm not sure what a lot of people mean when they say "respect" here.

That is to say that a lot of people seem to use the word "respect" rather differently from the way I use it.

For example:

ere, I'd have to say that whichever game designer who makes the popular game(s) is the most respected. By saying that you like their game you are respecting their game making skills, and by extension, respecting them

I don't call this respect- a whole raft of other terms (e.g. enjoy, indulge, praise, worship) come to mind but to me, respect is an active process and in many cases mutual. For example to respect somebody's boundaries you need to come to the point where you have to make a decision whether to observe said boundaries, and in choosing to do so you respect said boundaries.

This applies similarly to respecting a person for their perceived qualities. Therefore I cannot respect somebody I consider to be a liar because there is nothing to base my perceptions upon. Trust is a form of respect.
the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Hrm... Strop has a valid point. You mind if I rephrase that?

Shin was the first member who actually showed some level of kindness or acknowledgement towards me and my opinions. Though I can't say I respect him anymore, after the whole... yeah.

I do kind of miss him, though... He helped me out sometimes.

Aggression
Aggression
90 posts
Nomad

I don't call this respect- a whole raft of other terms (e.g. enjoy, indulge, praise, worship) come to mind but to me, respect is an active process and in many cases mutual. For example to respect somebody's boundaries you need to come to the point where you have to make a decision whether to observe said boundaries, and in choosing to do so you respect said boundaries.

Perfect example of someone who knows what they are thinking of at 2 AM.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

lol it all goes downhill after bedtime.

Shin was the first member who actually showed some level of kindness or acknowledgement towards me and my opinions. Though I can't say I respect him anymore, after the whole... yeah.

I am sure that there were some aspects of ShintetsuWA's character that were sympathetic.

...actually you know what, it's those same qualities that were the motivating force behind the need to fabricate his details.

Think about it!
Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

Strop is pretty well respected, He's strict though, But sometimes he's funny and random.

Aggression
Aggression
90 posts
Nomad

lol it all goes downhill after bedtime.

I can think coherently, but it doesn't work out in your mind.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Oh really now?

Perfect example of someone who knows what they are thinking of at 2 AM.

Then what do you call that? English?

Try reading what you write before you post next time.
Aggression
Aggression
90 posts
Nomad

Strop, you're excellent with sarcasm. Understand it better than anyone I've ever met.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Why thank you, I'll take that as a compliment then!

Funny though... I could have sworn sarcasm doesn't translate so well over the internet...

p.s. that was actually a pretty funny comeback. But I'm afraid to say you still failed at English.

Anyway, back to topic! Last I recall, I was asking for people to examine what they meant by respect.

Aggression
Aggression
90 posts
Nomad

Respect is something that cannot be translated into understandable terms at 2 AM!

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

*cough* topic *cough*

Aggression, I shall resume our banter on our profiles. I hear you get a 2-for-1 deal. Bargain!

sonam
sonam
840 posts
Nomad

Isnt respect a feeling of admiration for somone or something because of their qualities or achievements. well thats what i think and that why i think people respect me.

and those of you who agreed to respect me as a perv, I am grateful to you. thank you so much. and btw, there is no chance my meaning of respect came straight out of an oxford distionary. tehe

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

Umm...most respected member. Well Zophia is pretty cool, along with Strop and Carlie. Estel seems cool. Lol guess they're all moderators. I sometimes get annoyed with other normal members.

Showing 46-60 of 374