ForumsWEPR[necro] Why you don't believe in God?

881 329698
Zep0Q
Zep0Q
71 posts
Nomad

Before you comment, please, read everything, I'm sure that after you read, your life will be changed.

In the following sentences I will explain how stupid is to not believe in God, and I'm gonna use logical thinking and science.

Either "Everything came from nothing", like the "big bang" , witch is impossible, because nothing can only make nothing, or "Something always existed and made everything" like God.

God made this world, by this world I mean time, space and matter, so if God made this world, He lives outside of time, space and matter which means He's eternal, omnipresent and all-powerful.

For those of you who say that the big bang made the universe, I have this sentence: Nothing is the cause of it's own existence.
This doesn't apply to God, because if He doesn't lives in time, He didn't had a beginning, He always existed.
If the universe always was then, we could not reach this moment in time, if something is trapped in time, that means it had a beginning.

Every change that happens everywhere in the universe it's more closer to destruction.
Second law of thermodynamics:
The energy available after a chemical reaction is less than that at the beginning of a reaction; energy conversions are not 100% efficient.
The disorder in the universe always increases.
With each change in form, some energy is degraded to a less useful form and given off into the surroundings, usually as low-quality heat.
The Second Law of Thermodynamics is commonly known as the Law of Increased Entropy. While quantity remains the same, the quality of matter/energy deteriorates gradually over time. How so? Usable energy is inevitably used for productivity, growth and repair. In the process, usable energy is converted into unusable energy. Thus, usable energy is irretrievably lost in the form of unusable energy.

If God didn't made life, then how did non-life, became life?
As I said, nothing is the cause of it's own existence, life comes from life, your parents were alive when they made you.

Did you knew that a 2x2 inch capacity full with someone's DNA can sustain 6000000000 times more information then a 140 GB hard drive?
I guess you didn't knew, did evolution made your DNA?
God made your DNA, of course!

What about the monkeys?
If we evolved from them, why they stayed as they are? they took a long coffee break, I guess.

What about the fossils?
The scientists say that it takes millions and billions and zilions of years for living tissue to become a fossil, well here's 2 pictures with a cawboy's leg fossilized, enjoy
1#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-outside.jpg
2#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-inside.jpg

After all I have showed you, now I'm gonna say that you should accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, because He died for our sins and He didn't ask something from us, just to love our brothers and sisters and to believe in Him.
Anyone can ask for forgiveness as long as he or she is not dead, no matter what they did God can forgive them, if they repent from theirs sins and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
God is mercyful and just, His justice is not denyed by His mercy and this is the reason why God sent His Son Jesus to pay the price for us.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

• 881 Replies
German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

yeah we kinda went over this, so if anyone feels like arguing it they can just look over the recent pages and not waste this guy's time.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

THANK YOU.

Lol.

I don't like doing the same argument back-to-back.

German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

i hate going over the same things, especially when it comes to religion.

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

firefly: how can you say that portraying opinion as fact is crossing the line? that's complete bull. stating your opinion as a fact is Debate 101.

I think you need to familiarise yourself with debating techniques. If we assume for a moment that you are correct, debates would consist of nothng more than meaningless assertions backed up by not a single shred of evidence.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I said this earlier - that's not necessarily true. You're assuming that omnipotent has a limit; it doesn't. If something is omnipotent, it can literally do anything. An omnipotent being could create a rock it couldn't lift, and still be omnipotent. Because if an omnipotent being exists, that being is above logic and therefore immune to fallacies. Of course, an omnipotent being most likely doesn't exist.

Well what I was trying to get at is the very concept of omnipotence is in itself a fallacy.

But anyway you guys seem to want to move on to another topic so I will just go stand in the corner over here.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Well what I was trying to get at is the very concept of omnipotence is in itself a fallacy.

It depends on how you look at it. If you apply literalism to omnipotence, it isn't, but if you apply logic to omnipotence, then it is . . . I think I just officially killed the English language. >.<

What should we talk about now? Mage, help me think of something! D:
ellame
ellame
49 posts
Nomad

Has anyone talked about physics yet? I'm sorry, but I tried reading through the fifty pages and only got to about 10 before I skipped ahead.

Anyway, I'm not claiming to be an expert on anything at all, but physics requires a prime mover. Nothing can be in motion without having been set in motion.

Now, some people claim that God is the prime mover, but the theory doesn't really allow for that, because what put God into motion? You know, who created the creator?

It's kind of an endless loop, because no matter what belief one has, there is always the question of, "What came before?"

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Well, in theory, the prime mover was the Primeval Atom reaching critical mass and decompressing. It was very volatile, and after a while it couldn't sustain such a small size and it decompressed - and the decompression was powerful enough to set in motion the newly-released gases.

ellame
ellame
49 posts
Nomad

I have always found it funny, the image of God as some old guy with a long beard, sitting on a cloud and throwing lightning bolts down on Earth.

Now, I am not an atheist, but I am by no means religious.

By my understanding, the idea of God is just the idea of what created our universe. People who follow most common religions are unable to concede in their faith that this God may not have been some all-powerful being, but rather a simple atom; matter from which our universe was created.

Once again, forgive my lack of expertise, but I have heard of the "God particle," the particle from which matter and anti-matter were created, thus creating our universe. Perhaps this is not actually God, because its existence implies that something existed before it, but it's probably as close to God as humans will ever comprehend. I'm not too concerned with what created existence, but I do believe that our universe was created in the Big Bang, and that the atom that sparked said Bang was, in fact, God. Not in the omnipotent, bearded-watcher idea of the word, but in the idea that this atom created life as we know it.

This can all be proven and disproven at the same time by the theory of relativity, of course. You can say nothing actually exists, thus nothing would have to exist to have started us. That's just a cop out, though.

windshift
windshift
320 posts
Nomad

Now, some people claim that God is the prime mover, but the theory doesn't really allow for that, because what put God into motion? You know, who created the creator?

That is a version of the Ultimate Boeing 747 theory. We as humans will look at a clock and will then say think someone had to create it. So it is easy of us to then apply that logic so that God created us but then he would have to have had a creator and so on to infinitum. It's not a fantastic argument really but you can add it on top of all the other Atheistic evidence and build a strong argument.

ellame
ellame
49 posts
Nomad

It really is a poor argument, because it doesn't allow for an end unless one has a firm belief in God, and would content themselves by saying he is the beginning.

Because, if you think about it, whether atheist or believer, that argument will go on forever. Like the child who keeps asking his mother, "Why?" you can keep asking what came before. You know, what came before the Big Bang? And before that? Etc., etc.

I wasn't actually trying to make that point, though, I was just posing it for discussion.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

You know, what came before the Big Bang?

Seeing time and space started with the big bang there is not such thing as before the big bang. Kinda a head trip, huh?
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Seeing time and space started with the big bang there is not such thing as before the big bang. Kinda a head trip, huh?

:O

Finally, someone else besides me who actually says that in discussions about the Big Bang. xD
ellame
ellame
49 posts
Nomad

But, the Big Bang was influenced, it was caused by something else. Thus existence was before the Big Bang. It is my belief that the Big Bang created only our universe, that there was existence before it.

windshift
windshift
320 posts
Nomad

Do you not get those moments where you just think how are you actually here? What if you weren't? What if what a giraffe looked to you looked completely different to me? What if that colour orange looked completely different to you than to me. It's a strange way to think about things as we are never sure how other people actually view the world.

Showing 481-495 of 881