ForumsWEPR[necro] Why you don't believe in God?

881 329691
Zep0Q
Zep0Q
71 posts
Nomad

Before you comment, please, read everything, I'm sure that after you read, your life will be changed.

In the following sentences I will explain how stupid is to not believe in God, and I'm gonna use logical thinking and science.

Either "Everything came from nothing", like the "big bang" , witch is impossible, because nothing can only make nothing, or "Something always existed and made everything" like God.

God made this world, by this world I mean time, space and matter, so if God made this world, He lives outside of time, space and matter which means He's eternal, omnipresent and all-powerful.

For those of you who say that the big bang made the universe, I have this sentence: Nothing is the cause of it's own existence.
This doesn't apply to God, because if He doesn't lives in time, He didn't had a beginning, He always existed.
If the universe always was then, we could not reach this moment in time, if something is trapped in time, that means it had a beginning.

Every change that happens everywhere in the universe it's more closer to destruction.
Second law of thermodynamics:
The energy available after a chemical reaction is less than that at the beginning of a reaction; energy conversions are not 100% efficient.
The disorder in the universe always increases.
With each change in form, some energy is degraded to a less useful form and given off into the surroundings, usually as low-quality heat.
The Second Law of Thermodynamics is commonly known as the Law of Increased Entropy. While quantity remains the same, the quality of matter/energy deteriorates gradually over time. How so? Usable energy is inevitably used for productivity, growth and repair. In the process, usable energy is converted into unusable energy. Thus, usable energy is irretrievably lost in the form of unusable energy.

If God didn't made life, then how did non-life, became life?
As I said, nothing is the cause of it's own existence, life comes from life, your parents were alive when they made you.

Did you knew that a 2x2 inch capacity full with someone's DNA can sustain 6000000000 times more information then a 140 GB hard drive?
I guess you didn't knew, did evolution made your DNA?
God made your DNA, of course!

What about the monkeys?
If we evolved from them, why they stayed as they are? they took a long coffee break, I guess.

What about the fossils?
The scientists say that it takes millions and billions and zilions of years for living tissue to become a fossil, well here's 2 pictures with a cawboy's leg fossilized, enjoy
1#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-outside.jpg
2#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-inside.jpg

After all I have showed you, now I'm gonna say that you should accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, because He died for our sins and He didn't ask something from us, just to love our brothers and sisters and to believe in Him.
Anyone can ask for forgiveness as long as he or she is not dead, no matter what they did God can forgive them, if they repent from theirs sins and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
God is mercyful and just, His justice is not denyed by His mercy and this is the reason why God sent His Son Jesus to pay the price for us.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

• 881 Replies
TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

This place is really ideal for debating. I should know . . . I've given over 2,000 posts to just this section.

*Raises hand* Seconded.

that's true actually, i see less incompetence here than in most forums.

Well, we do have our rather incompetent forumers, including just about all of us at some point, but it is far overshadowed by competence.

We're the best at what we do.
ellame
ellame
49 posts
Nomad

I find it really unfortunate, but at least when I was in high school (I graduated in '07), they weren't really allowed to talk about the big bang. It is, of course, only a theory. It's just the PC(politically correct, not personal computer) world we live in. It doesn't allow for teachers to teach either method of creation any more, religious or non. They aren't allowed to alienate anyone, no matter how far-fetched their beliefs may be.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Political correctness is a blessing and a curse. We've never mentioned any sort of even widely-accepted theory in science class in school insofar, and I doubt that's going to change at all.

*Raises hand* Seconded.

Ttly. Though I'd estimate you have about 12 or 1,300 posts here, not 2,000 :P
German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

i'm going to be studying the big bang in high school this year. (am a Junior) taking a class called Evolutionary Biology (VERY PROUD we have it) and i'll be studying it for about a week this year i think.

we're using a college book because they aren't made for public schools yet, it's a "controversial" topic, but it has been started to be called a Scientific Law, no evidence against it and A SHITLOAD OF A LOT for it.

also, i live in a very leftist/blue/democrat state (Illinois) so that helps. also, it's an Elective so you choose to take it.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Lucky.

I just hope that the high school in my town has that. It's one of the best high schools in the state, but my town may be too religious for that. >.<

ellame
ellame
49 posts
Nomad

Yeah, it probably won't happen. Unless you're lucky enough to go to a school that has theory classes. One of the classes at my old school was called Theory of Knowledge, and it was essentially just debates about these sort of topics.

Other than that, nothing is really discussed. Hell, I was in the most advanced science class offered and they barely mentioned the existence of plasma as a state of matter or quarks, two things that have breached the gap from theoretical to practical. And in history, when Einstein is mentioned, relativity is never brought up. I was disappointed.

Lieutenut
Lieutenut
1,251 posts
Nomad

I envy you german lol.

The school levy for my high school failed so we have barely any class choices and we have been cut down from 8 classes a day to 7

If the levy fails at the next vote then our school will be taken over by the state. So hopefully it doesn't.

German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

that sucks. well, this is actually kind of a blowoff class for now. but i have a really dense college-level book, brand new, sitting next to me right now, with pretty much everything substantial about evolution you need to know.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

I'd like to read that textbook. (don't worry, I have a high enough reading level, lol)

Aren't there 5 states of matter? Solid, liquid, gas, plasma, and something else.

German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

solid liquid gas and plasma are the four. if there was a new one discovered it would have been on the news, and it wasn't.

we only know plasma can exist in really specific conditions in space.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Alt I think there are only four....

And I don't know if The BB can really be called a Law, when there are miniscule controversy over the subject. Are there experiments/models that help prove that The BB can be called as such?

German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

ah i didnt say that the big bang is a law, i said that Evolution is a Law, as defined by recent science books.

big bang is simply a theory which a majority scientists believe. they are still skeptical about it, since they dont really have much proof of it.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Urm, the 5th state of matter is right here.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

ah i didnt say that the big bang is a law, i said that Evolution is a Law, as defined by recent science books

Oh... I could've sworn that... ah, nevermind XD

I'd believe that. It just happens, that's what a law is about. There's no explanation of it, the occurrence just happens.

Urm, the 5th state of matter is right here.

OH! Well, I guess since plasma is from a high temperature, this 5th state is from an extremely low temperature. This is very interesting, I'll read more about it and learn :-)

We should probably continue discussing/debunking God and Christianity though. We're skewing off topic here XD
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Yeah . . . well, physics all relates to the concept of a god.

xD

IT is interesting, innit? A 5th state of matter . . . .

Showing 511-525 of 881