ForumsWEPR[necro] Why you don't believe in God?

881 329687
Zep0Q
Zep0Q
71 posts
Nomad

Before you comment, please, read everything, I'm sure that after you read, your life will be changed.

In the following sentences I will explain how stupid is to not believe in God, and I'm gonna use logical thinking and science.

Either "Everything came from nothing", like the "big bang" , witch is impossible, because nothing can only make nothing, or "Something always existed and made everything" like God.

God made this world, by this world I mean time, space and matter, so if God made this world, He lives outside of time, space and matter which means He's eternal, omnipresent and all-powerful.

For those of you who say that the big bang made the universe, I have this sentence: Nothing is the cause of it's own existence.
This doesn't apply to God, because if He doesn't lives in time, He didn't had a beginning, He always existed.
If the universe always was then, we could not reach this moment in time, if something is trapped in time, that means it had a beginning.

Every change that happens everywhere in the universe it's more closer to destruction.
Second law of thermodynamics:
The energy available after a chemical reaction is less than that at the beginning of a reaction; energy conversions are not 100% efficient.
The disorder in the universe always increases.
With each change in form, some energy is degraded to a less useful form and given off into the surroundings, usually as low-quality heat.
The Second Law of Thermodynamics is commonly known as the Law of Increased Entropy. While quantity remains the same, the quality of matter/energy deteriorates gradually over time. How so? Usable energy is inevitably used for productivity, growth and repair. In the process, usable energy is converted into unusable energy. Thus, usable energy is irretrievably lost in the form of unusable energy.

If God didn't made life, then how did non-life, became life?
As I said, nothing is the cause of it's own existence, life comes from life, your parents were alive when they made you.

Did you knew that a 2x2 inch capacity full with someone's DNA can sustain 6000000000 times more information then a 140 GB hard drive?
I guess you didn't knew, did evolution made your DNA?
God made your DNA, of course!

What about the monkeys?
If we evolved from them, why they stayed as they are? they took a long coffee break, I guess.

What about the fossils?
The scientists say that it takes millions and billions and zilions of years for living tissue to become a fossil, well here's 2 pictures with a cawboy's leg fossilized, enjoy
1#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-outside.jpg
2#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-inside.jpg

After all I have showed you, now I'm gonna say that you should accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, because He died for our sins and He didn't ask something from us, just to love our brothers and sisters and to believe in Him.
Anyone can ask for forgiveness as long as he or she is not dead, no matter what they did God can forgive them, if they repent from theirs sins and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
God is mercyful and just, His justice is not denyed by His mercy and this is the reason why God sent His Son Jesus to pay the price for us.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

• 881 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Faith is not proof, and is not a viable option. If there was any proof of God, everyone would convert. I could ask what proof you have of the lack of God, and you would present evidence. It is still not proof, only evidence.

Make me wonder if a god does indeed exist why would he/she/it rely solely on faith instead of offering proof.

This is a pretty good video on offering logic on god.
Putting faith in its place
German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

the first minute and ten seconds denounces faith well enough. great video! thanks for posting it.

AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,573 posts
Blacksmith

That video rocks. There are a few things I would philosophicly disagree with (partly on the basis of "we might not be real" but this is going outside the realms of what we are talking about) but the general premise of the vid iz amazing. If you push your god out there... you HAVE to take the flak of people disagreeing.

Im faving that one.

BigP08
BigP08
1,455 posts
Shepherd

Wow, Mage, mind is exploding. Nice vid. I actually agree with a lot of it; religion is a personal thing, and pushing it on others becomes near-impossible to justify

I do have a few things to say about the impossible gods. I'm not sure if they all directly refer to the Christian God, but some of them appear to.

An omniscient being who is capable of choice

I think if God wasn't capable of choice he was be basically a computer. Just because he may *decide* to everything a certain way based on the best possible that he *knows* outcome doesn't necessarily mean he couldn't choose to do something else.
A perfect being that needs to be worshipped

For my God, he doesn't need to be worshipped; he wishes to be loved is all. He loves us like a Father to a Son; even if that son turns away and does the wrong thing, God will welcome him back.
A non-spatial omnipresent being

I know the non-physical argument cannot be proven, and all I'm saying here is just to show that my belief doesn't fall under these categories; but how do we know what form he is in, if any, when watching over us? Just because he sees us does not mean we will see him.
An all-loving omnipotent being that allows eternal agony

I assume this refers to Hell. As I view it, it may not necessarily be a little devil poking you with a spear while you sit in a boiling pot (I saw that on Tom and Jerry). The way people choose to live their lives defines which path they choose to take: God's or Satan's. Satan to leave God and live a life of evil and deceit. It could be assumed that he still enjoys this life because he can't see how ugly he really is. This may be the case for everyone in Hell; they never saw the ugliness in themselves, and they are content to live in Hell while others are content to live in heaven. It may not be eternal agony for anyone, only the seperation of good and evil.

Anyway, I love your videos, Mage. They're very thought-challenging and really help me see things from another viewpoint.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

BigP is here!!

I liked that vid, Mage. It made good arguments.

I personally think faith is a psychological thing. Some people feel they need to have faith or consider it highly desirable to have faith, and others don't.

Zaichik
Zaichik
65 posts
Nomad

Indeed, that was a very nice video!
I also have my doubts about the part where we CAN know what CAN'T be in that 'other universe', because there might be 'An omniscient being who is capable of choice', that just doesn't care about us, or just likes to watch us...

But the video makes perfect sence in all other points, it's a great find!

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

That's an interesting video. Ultimately it appears to be a presentation of theological noncognitivism.

BigP08
BigP08
1,455 posts
Shepherd

Sorry, but re-reading my post, I couldn't even decipher it. Revision 1:

I think if God wasn't capable of choice he was be basically a computer. Just because he may *decide* to everything a certain way based on the best possible that he *knows* outcome doesn't necessarily mean he couldn't choose to do something else.

I think if God wasn't capable of choice he would be basically a computer. Just because he may *decide* to do everything a certain way based on his knowledge of the best possibility doesn't necessarily mean he couldn't choose to do something else.

Revision 2:
Satan to leave God and live a life of evil and deceit.

Satan left God to live a life of evil and deceit.

This is why I'm not on as much. I need to get educated on stuff.
Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Thinking about the video...I think it does an excellent job explaining why you can't have any arbitrary being, for example, the Invisible Pink Unicorn, the teapot, turtles all the way down, Flying Spaghetti Monster, etc. Oddly enough from rewatching the video I found that my own theistic beliefs were untouched by the argument, and the parts that did address what I believe in weren't covered in much detail. The last minute or two was pretty much a non sequitur about humanism, which I found very strange.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I'm glad you guys like the vid I hope to make some of my own. These discussions here have me inspired. Only problem is I can't get ahold of a video editor that works right. All I have is Windows Movie Maker and it doesn't run properly. So if anyone could suggest an easy to use editor preferably freeware please leave a suggestion on my profile.

RenegadePlayer
RenegadePlayer
684 posts
Nomad

i respect religion but what you said doesnt make sence in the least

"Everything came from nothing", like the "big bang" , witch is impossible, because nothing can only make nothing, or "Something always existed and made everything" like God.

so if something came from nothing what would god be? how does god really exist then? did he come from nothing or was he 'just there' because if he was just there then how cant the atoms from the big bang just be there?
Elitemagical
Elitemagical
1,207 posts
Nomad

Either "Everything came from nothing", like the "big bang" , witch is impossible, because nothing can only make nothing, or "Something always existed and made everything" like God.

God made this world, by this world I mean time, space and matter, so if God made this world, He lives outside of time,

if something is trapped in time, that means it had a beginning.

It also means it cannot do anything.

And if God is out side the Universe, Uni- meaning one then he is non-existent. Presumably nothingâ"at which point saying he could do itâ"is admitting the big bang could have done it. And do not be narrow-minded, not all atheists believe the big bang happened. Personally I think it's ridiculous.

This doesn't apply to God, because if He doesn't lives in time, He didn't had a beginning, He always existed.

So what you are trying to tell me is that always is a measurement of something definitely happen at a certain time, yet time does not exist? So God is not actually there because there is no time for him to certainly be there.

If God didn't made life, then how did non-life, became life?
As I said, nothing is the cause of it's own existence, life comes from life, your parents were alive when they made you.

Are you saying everything must have a gender to create life? If one bacterium forms, it will simply multiply. Life did not make the bacterium, conditions caused by the goldilocks zone made life.

Did you knew that a 2x2 inch capacity full with someone's DNA can sustain 6000000000 times more information then a 140 GB hard drive?
I guess you didn't knew, did evolution made your DNA?
God made your DNA, of course!

What the fuck? God is completely irrelevant.

What about the monkeys?
If we evolved from them, why they stayed as they are? they took a long coffee break, I guess.

A few evolved and survived, the others did not need to evolve they could survive in their habitat fine and so did not need to. This could have been caused by migration.

What about the fossils?
The scientists say that it takes millions and billions and zilions of years for living tissue to become a fossil, well here's 2 pictures with a cawboy's leg fossilized, enjoy

What the fuck is a cawboy? LOL. It's not fossilised, idiot, the flesh has rotted.

but have eternal life."

Won't people be sad when they find you've simply rotted underground like every other dead person.
XxDARKPRIMExX
XxDARKPRIMExX
39 posts
Nomad

well i belive in GOD

assassin89
assassin89
1,303 posts
Nomad

becuase there is too much suffering and evil people in the world e.g hitler.

AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,573 posts
Blacksmith

becuase there is too much suffering and evil people in the world e.g hitler.

but remember... god loves you
Showing 541-555 of 881