ForumsWEPR[necro] Why you don't believe in God?

881 329686
Zep0Q
Zep0Q
71 posts
Nomad

Before you comment, please, read everything, I'm sure that after you read, your life will be changed.

In the following sentences I will explain how stupid is to not believe in God, and I'm gonna use logical thinking and science.

Either "Everything came from nothing", like the "big bang" , witch is impossible, because nothing can only make nothing, or "Something always existed and made everything" like God.

God made this world, by this world I mean time, space and matter, so if God made this world, He lives outside of time, space and matter which means He's eternal, omnipresent and all-powerful.

For those of you who say that the big bang made the universe, I have this sentence: Nothing is the cause of it's own existence.
This doesn't apply to God, because if He doesn't lives in time, He didn't had a beginning, He always existed.
If the universe always was then, we could not reach this moment in time, if something is trapped in time, that means it had a beginning.

Every change that happens everywhere in the universe it's more closer to destruction.
Second law of thermodynamics:
The energy available after a chemical reaction is less than that at the beginning of a reaction; energy conversions are not 100% efficient.
The disorder in the universe always increases.
With each change in form, some energy is degraded to a less useful form and given off into the surroundings, usually as low-quality heat.
The Second Law of Thermodynamics is commonly known as the Law of Increased Entropy. While quantity remains the same, the quality of matter/energy deteriorates gradually over time. How so? Usable energy is inevitably used for productivity, growth and repair. In the process, usable energy is converted into unusable energy. Thus, usable energy is irretrievably lost in the form of unusable energy.

If God didn't made life, then how did non-life, became life?
As I said, nothing is the cause of it's own existence, life comes from life, your parents were alive when they made you.

Did you knew that a 2x2 inch capacity full with someone's DNA can sustain 6000000000 times more information then a 140 GB hard drive?
I guess you didn't knew, did evolution made your DNA?
God made your DNA, of course!

What about the monkeys?
If we evolved from them, why they stayed as they are? they took a long coffee break, I guess.

What about the fossils?
The scientists say that it takes millions and billions and zilions of years for living tissue to become a fossil, well here's 2 pictures with a cawboy's leg fossilized, enjoy
1#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-outside.jpg
2#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-inside.jpg

After all I have showed you, now I'm gonna say that you should accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, because He died for our sins and He didn't ask something from us, just to love our brothers and sisters and to believe in Him.
Anyone can ask for forgiveness as long as he or she is not dead, no matter what they did God can forgive them, if they repent from theirs sins and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
God is mercyful and just, His justice is not denyed by His mercy and this is the reason why God sent His Son Jesus to pay the price for us.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

• 881 Replies
German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

oh the Bose-Einstein Condensate.

well just like Plasma, we can't create it here on Earth. also, i had no idea that was considered a state of matter.
i had to watch something from NOVA last year on it and it never mentioned it as a new state of matter at all.

and it wasn't new then.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

NOVA is an awesome show.

Yeah, apparently it's different enough to be considered a state of matter. I didn't know that either, until I read that article.

German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

it might be a crappy article, but i don't know... oh wait. nahp, it's true.

ellame
ellame
49 posts
Nomad

The fifth state of matter is GOD!

Sorry, just trying to hook it back around.

Anyway, I had never even heard of the bose-einstein condensate. We even talked about the state of matter in such extreme temperatures and it never came up.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Because there is no proof that he exists.

There, I just answered this entire thread in one sentence.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, there are quite a few more articles saying the exact same thing. I'd call it true at this point, lol.

Interesting, innit?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I'm somewhat making the most of what I know right now, because I'm only 12 and haven't had a high school education due to it. I've done hours of research on the subject though, so I guess I've amassed a good deal of knowledge

alt I know people who have graduated college who can't get the concepts you have. Just keep learning everything you can. I bet it will take you far in life.

well just like Plasma, we can't create it here on Earth. also, i had no idea that was considered a state of matter.

We have created plasma and a bose condensate here on earth. Where do you think the researchers who first observed this state were, in space?
German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

lol true. but i mean, it can't exist here on earth without us manipulating it. it only exists naturally in, not here.

Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

I'm somewhat making the most of what I know right now, because I'm only 12 and haven't had a high school education due to it. I've done hours of research on the subject though, so I guess I've amassed a good deal of knowledge

Let me do a little test, do u use Logic?

Yes [ ] No [ ]

If you tick yes, you may proceed
What proof has the idea of God got?

None [ ] Faith [ ]

If you choose either, u may proceed

Faith: Why do u bask in faith? Better yet, why do others?
They are afraid to die so they mask it [ ] They are stupid [ ] They like being idiots [ ] They like to feel good [ ]
You can tick more than one on that one, it's probably.. all of them

None: What do u think happened then?
Big Bang (or another scientific theory) [ ] Something else [ ]

If you choose Big Bang u may proceed
Very well, even tho there are some flaws in this that we may never find out, do u still think this?
Yes [ ] No [ ]

Why?
It's using more proof and evidence [ ] It has extremely smart people [ ] it links with basically EVERYTHING [ ]
You can tick more than 1

This basically says it all... I actually explained this, but for the 12 year old boy I hope he makes the right decision, mine? I believe in Darwinism, not Atheism, it has a negative sound to it, but darwinism u have genes, DNA, study, persistance (before he was born there was no such thing as evolution)... But if I do wake up in a light and see god I will welcome it, I doubt it'll ever happen mind u, but still

I am 12 years old myself, so I do not mind u looking into it, I never, as it was clear to me, but from a youngster to another (if that's a word... I'm sure I heard it b4) I hope this helps

- H
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

We have created plasma and a bose condensate here on earth. Where do you think the researchers who first observed this state were, in space?

We can create plasma. Aren't the cores of nuclear plants in a plasma state. I know they get to be some 40,000 degrees..

Isn't the bose condensate the state of matter at absolute zero?
I know that we can get to about .4 degrees off form aching absolute zero; But we can never get to it.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

. . . .

Lol, highfire. I've proven myself enough, I don't need to take your questionnaire. But, for the fun of it, I will . . . .

Yes [x] No [ ]

They are afraid to die so they mask it [ ] They are stupid [ ] They like being idiots [ ] They like to feel good [ ]

I can't choose any of these, because different people have different reasons.

Very well, even tho there are some flaws in this that we may never find out, do u still think this?

Yes [x] No [ ]

Why?

It's using more proof and evidence [x] It has extremely smart people [x] it links with basically EVERYTHING [x]

See, I don't really like that you seem to think that I'm as newb to the section. I've been in a lot more debates than you - my posts just in this section amount to about 4x more posts than you have altogether. Sorry if I'm wrong, but I just got kind of a patronizing vibe from the post.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Erp, sorry about the typing error. I do believe in the Big Bang.

Highfire, I think you're confused. Darwinism is not a stance on the existence of a god. You have to be theist, agnostic, or atheist in some way. Or nontheist.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I believe in Darwinism, not Atheism, it has a negative sound to it, but darwinism u have genes, DNA, study, persistance (before he was born there was no such thing as evolution)

Your making no sense here.

Isn't the bose condensate the state of matter at absolute zero?
I know that we can get to about .4 degrees off form aching absolute zero; But we can never get to it.

No but it's pretty darn close to absolute zero.

As for how close we have gotten I'm not 100% sure.
BigP08
BigP08
1,455 posts
Shepherd

@Highfire:
I know the test was for Alt, but since I am a Christian, I may be able to provide some different answers that may apply to the more open-minded Christians. Some of these questions are based on the perspective that either you are an atheist or you lack the ability to use logic and/or apply it to your faith (which I understand, because you aren't a Christian). I may answer with a different answer in a few places.

Yes [X] No [ ]

Everyone views logic based on personal perspective, so I don't think anyone could possibly check "no".
If you tick yes, you may proceed
What proof has the idea of God got?

None [X] Faith [ ]

Faith is not proof, and is not a viable option. If there was any proof of God, everyone would convert. I could ask what proof you have of the lack of God, and you would present evidence. It is still not proof, only evidence.

All of them are possible, except the third one. Nobody likes being an idiot. Maybe people like the way they are and they are idiots, but you can't intentionally be an idiot, or in reality, you are an intelligent person &quotlaying" a fool.
As for me, I'll say a few things. I am a little afraid to die, but I don't mask it with faith. Everyone secretly fears the unknown; it doesn't necessarily mean they use something to hide it. My faith is completely different than my fear of the unknown.
I might be stupid, but hopefully not. Nobody thinks they're stupid, and there's no one person who can judge the stupidity of everyone else. This could be an answer, but I don't think anyone could say for sure whether it is the reason or not.
Again, everyone likes to feel good, but I keep that part of me seperate from my faith. Faith isn't about feeling good and shouldn't be used that way. Sometimes it is the end result, but it certainly is not for me.
What's the reason for me? Personal experience leads me to lean in the direction of God or a god. To me, the god I believe in makes the most sense; I could be wrong, and I do understand there are many more religions than my own, but this is still my belief.
Personal experience is not something I can present to anyone as an argument, which is why I would be a terrible Jehova's Witness. I wouldn't be able to persuade anyone because I don't use arguments I don't believe in (unless I mock the arguments in an obvious way).
Just so everyone knows, I went through a period of maybe a few weeks or a month of questioning my faith and considering switching. Obviously I have chosen not to, as personal experience has won me over again. Logic is great, and logic is the basis of debate, but it does not push Christianity forward. Logic can defend Christianity in some casaes, and personal experience can push Christianity forward, but logic cannot convert someone unless they have not heard the whole story.

You can tick more than one on that one, it's probably.. all of them

Hmm, that's insulting. You assume that you are more intelligent than all those you haven't met because your own logic has led you somewhere different from their logic? Christians can be idiots, but the two aren't necessarily linked.

Big Bang (or another scientific theory) [ ] Something else [ ]

I don't know, and I don't know enough about the subjects to accurately debate one or the other. Anything could've happened, so I'm not sure what to think.
The last questions probably don't apply to me, but they're still good questions for Alt.
ajajaj92
ajajaj92
195 posts
Nomad

i think that what created the big bang was antimater or darkmater,not god.The religius people may call darkmatter god.darkmatter or antimatter are things that we dont see,wich can collapse if they stay in a place with no barriers,like a very big plain or the "universe" before the big bang.its comproved that it exists due to explosion in a place of the world(i dont rebember were,but it saw it on dicovery channel).they hired several experts that belived on antimatter,a meteor,a erupition and even the crash of a alien spaceship.

Showing 526-540 of 881