ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5035 1356185
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,035 Replies
drdoom777
drdoom777
1 posts
Shepherd

360 for the win.
Lets face the facts, Nintendo is dying out. The Wii was really their last chance to have something successful. And for a while, it was. It was pretty cool, having motion technology and all. But then Sony came out with the Playstation Move, and Microsoft came out with the Kinect.
And yes, I do like Playstation, but I think Xbox really is making more of an impact, with its amazing graphics and game play. Not to say the PS3 doesn't have the same thing, not to mention free online play, but I just feel like it isn't really as pronounced

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Exclusive powerhouse? No. Nintendo is an exclusive powerhouse, Sony used to have a few, but now it's basically empty on exclusives.

Sony makes new IPs for exclusives while Nintendo holds on to its dear 20 year old franchises.

Oh, and whatever your source is, I don't trust it. Please link it. From glancing at the list I saw BF3 and BF4 there, neither of which are coming out for Wii U. I'm sure there are more games on the list which should not belong.
jerrymak1
jerrymak1
39 posts
Nomad

Anybody a fan of Destiny? Well I Fell Sad For All The Wii U Gamers Thats Wont Be Getting it. 'Nough Said

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Sony makes new IPs for exclusives while Nintendo holds on to its dear 20 year old franchises.
The ones that people grew up on, love, and still dress up as in any conventions or use in any media ideas.

Lets face the facts,Nintendo is dying out
That's not even close to a fact lol. Lots of my friends loved their xbox's till wiiu came out.

From glancing at the list I saw BF3 and BF4 there, neither of which are coming out for Wii U.
I just looked it up, and it was cancelled, but it was supposed to when this list was made.

Anybody a fan of Destiny? Well I Fell Sad For All The Wii U Gamers Thats Wont Be Getting it. 'Nough Said
I've never even heard of the game, but I'm not doubting it's not good. But again, there are alot of great games coming to the WiiU only.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

I mean really, is absolutely everyone on this website against absolutely every one of my beliefs?

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

I didn't realize liking the Wii U was every one of your beliefs.

Destiny is an upcoming new IP from the creaters of Halo that is coming to current and next generation Xbox and Playstation consoles. It will be using an interesting drop-in MMO-like feature, with the creators calling it a "shared-world shooter".

Lots of my friends loved their xbox's

I liked my PS2 until the PS3 came out, what a coincidence.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

new IP

What does IP mean in your context? Because all my life it has always stood for Internet Protocol.

Wiiu had many exclusives at launch.

What games are the actual exclusives and because your list is outdated. What is actually on the Wii U
Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

Lets face the facts, Nintendo is dying out

Really? Wii U may be failure, but 3DS is selling extremly well and Nintendo's games are also pretty succesful.

What does IP mean in your context? Because all my life it has always stood for Internet Protocol.

It stands for franchise I think. I have no idea why it's called this way either.
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

It stands for franchise I think. I have no idea why it's called this way either.

It stands for Intellectual Property. So yeah, basically the franchise that a company owns.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

I didn't realize liking the Wii U was every one of your beliefs.
If u saw other forums on this u would see what I mean.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

It stands for Intellectual Property. So yeah, basically the franchise that a company owns

Ok I'm guessing you are only calling it that because now that Bungie is with Activision they get to keep their own games.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Really? Wii U may be failure, but 3DS is selling extremly well and Nintendo's games are also pretty succesful
I love how you all gave it a couple of months only. Out of the many people I talked to on the Wii's COD MW3 (Sucked) they said they're getting one next christmas. If 30/40 people i asked said so, I'm sure that the WiiU will sell alot next Christmas. Because of it's terrible release time, it came upon people unexpectedly, so they needed time for it. But it will sell. People don't just switch systems like that, and the Wii won't be getting many new games that I know of, so people will buy.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Ok I'm guessing you are only calling it that because now that Bungie is with Activision they get to keep their own games.

What? Every game franchise is an IP, it doesn't matter who owns it. For example Ubisoft owns the Assassin's Creed franchise/IP under which every AC game falls. So since Destiny is a new story/game/franchise, it is a new IP.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Every game franchise is an IP

I don't know when they started calling it that but im going to stick to the common term "game"
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

I don't know when they started calling it that but im going to stick to the common term "game"
It's like why they only started calling Microsoft's computers PCs, even though apple has personal computers too.

Showing 4951-4965 of 5035