The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1474819
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
DestroyU123
DestroyU123
1 posts
Nomad

I own a PS3 and I couldn't be happier... It hardly ever freezes up, i get free online, and the exclusives to Sony are amazing. Xbox has Halo over us, but its nothing God Of War can't handle. And Wii shouldn't even be discussed.....

hiyacherry
hiyacherry
426 posts
Nomad

The Xbox 360 came out first so how can it have copied the design and touch sensitive triggers

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

The Xbox 360 came out first so how can it have copied the design and touch sensitive triggers

I know the Xbox came out first. I liked the first design. Then the PS3 came out with a different design with touch sensitive buttons and it was glossy. The first Xbox wasn't. Then Microsoft made the new Xbox. And it just basically copied the old PS3's design for having the touch sensitive buttons and it was glossy. I really liked the old Xbox because it wasn't a fingerprint magnet. All Xbox could've done was just make it touch sensitive and keep the normal black design instead of making it glossy.
nathannl
nathannl
2 posts
Nomad

where's the PC gamer option? . . but xbox 360 is the best, no online servous issues like the PS3 and much better all round than the wii

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

but xbox 360 is the best

Anything to back that up with?

no online servous issues like the PS3

For me the PS3 online gaming servers only mess up a couple times. I do admit the Xbox's online is better.

much better all round than the wii

Again anything to back that up with?

To me there all good in there own way. You can only really judge them if you've played all of them.
Blackblood450
Blackblood450
49 posts
Nomad

wel i would have to say xbox 360 because there is kinect and i have it it is awsome man so ya x box is the best

1cubswin1
1cubswin1
16 posts
Nomad

xbox 360 all the way!!!
it has the BEST games and is higher quality than all the systems and has the easiest online connection!
ps3 hardly ever has better graphics and can't connect 2 internet as fast
wii games are terrible and made for little kids, has bad graphics, terrible internet and mediocre connection speed, and the motion is not accurate
so let's go XBOX!!!

BLINDsniper1
BLINDsniper1
84 posts
Nomad

Ps3 is THE BEST. First, online is free and for me that already makes it number one. Second, The wii doesnt really have any good games to play. Third, the 360 breaks way to often, my friend plays xbox and he is already on his fourth xbox

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

The wii doesnt really have any good games to play.

Yes it does. It's just there not fun to play by yourself. I rather play the Wii games with other people.

the 360 breaks way to often

Yes it does. I had mine for about a year and a half before it got the RROD. I took care of it too. I bought all the things so it wouldn't overheat. You know those fan things.

Ps3 is THE BEST.

At least for me it is. All the features on it and all the things that are included are great. The design is far better too in my opinion.
Boelens
Boelens
7 posts
Nomad

I'd say... playstation 3 because I got guitar hero for it and its awesome xD

tobiagoodboy
tobiagoodboy
66 posts
Shepherd

I would have to say that my favorite gaming console would have to be th Wii. The reasons for the above statement are as follows: 1) At the time of its release, the Wii had a very unique control system that I like very much. 2) Even though my first gaming console was a playstation (the first one), I have almost always favored Nintendo as my source of entertainment. 3) Unlike the Playstation 3 and Wii, internet access for the Xbox 360 cost extra money. 4) The Playstation 3 does not have a very wide selection of good games not available on Xbox 360. 5) My favorite game (Super Smash Bros. Brawl) is (as far as i know) only available for Wii. To wrap it up, my list of favorite gaming consoles listed above, in order, is as follows: 1) Wii 2) Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 (I can't decide).

Cavani7
Cavani7
10 posts
Nomad

I have the Wii but i think the playstation 3 is better than wii and xbox360

Ian96
Ian96
1 posts
Nomad

it all depends on what your looking for
if you are looking for the bestkid games you want the wii

if you are looking for the best online and shooter games you want the xbox

if you wnt the best graphics and free online you want the ps3

but i like the xbox the best

mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Just stop.

Seceriously all I see on this fourm now are serfs with >10 posts saying ps3 ftw!!! and uhhh wiiiiiiiiii

Wii is obviously a little dated and even with motion plus the controls are a little klunky, at least for me. The games are marketed towards little kids and thats just fine. Mario is a classic and SMBB is amazing. It lacks when It tries to go into the FPS realm. WaW and CoD4 for the wii failed.

Xbox 360, my favorite. $50 yearly for the greatest online gaming experience is totally worth it. The software is superior to the PS3 because Microsoft had more experience with software that sony dose. PS3, while free the online experience lacks from the 360. You cant have party chat or join your friends games, which is a huge drag.

Playstation 3. Blu-Ray, meaning great graphics on all of there titles. More of a home theater system that a gaming console because it is a disk tray away from being a home entertainment system anyway. Its exclusive titles are no more or less the same caliber than the Xbox's. I personally find Halo to be better than most exclusive games for PS3, but that is just opinion.

So there you have it, my opinion on the 3 consoles and i know this post will be followed by a lot of spam!
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

my vote is for WII!!!

Why? Do you have reasons? Please don't spam.

PS3 pros: Rechargeable controllers, blu-ray, no disc tray, better graphics due to blu-ray, last longer, good exclusives, better design, low failure rate.

PS3 cons of it are: Small controllers, not enough exclusives, online cuts out.

Xbox360 pros: Better controllers for FPS games, fits into your hand, better exclusives, great online gaming.

Xbox360 cons: Controllers require batteries, disc tray scratches games, have to play to play online, design is a copy of the first PS3, high failure rate.

Wii pros: gets you exercise, disc tray doesn't scratch games, free online, great games, nice controllers, low failure rate.

Wii cons: Poor graphics, only fun when playing with others.

That's all that I can think about for now.
Showing 1906-1920 of 5032