ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1474936
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

Look at the failure rates between them.

doesn't mean the Xbox is guaranteed to fail and the PS3 isn't

you know you really do sound like a fanboy since your fighting very hard for the ps3
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

you know you really do sound like a fanboy since your fighting very hard for the ps3

Not fanboy.

I'm just trying to get it through peoples thick heads that the online play and bigger controllers doesn't mean that the Xbox is best out of all of them. You have to look at all the things associated between them. And if you do you can see that the PS3 is first, Xbox second, Wii third.

doesn't mean the Xbox is guaranteed to fail and the PS3 isn't

It is higher though then Against the Ps3 and wii though. And most people that have purchased there Xbox's the console has died in about 1-2 years.
mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

Not fanboy.

Ya know the more you keep denying it...

We can all agree that one of the reasons you buy a gaming console is to play games correct? Ok so now that is sqared away lets talk about the games. Aside from the games that they both have (PS3 and Xbox360 mainly) like Call of Duty, Bioshock, Assassins Creed ect. I feel that Xbox had the superior titles. Don't get me wrong God of War and Uncharted and Little Big Planet are great, but the xbox games s what I prefer.

Deadrising(2) is great and it allows you to create your own zombie slaying weapons. Gears of War(2) is also great. Ya know what, i'll just throw this in to help in showing the console exclusives. By far the most prestigious title on that list is Halo, and rightfully so, it is better than most other games period.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Ya know the more you keep denying it...

I have to deny it if people insinuate it.
Is your system of choice the Xbox360? If so. Then I called you a Wii fanboy wouldn't you deny it?
We can all agree that one of the reasons you buy a gaming console is to play games correct?

That's what it's suppose to be and it was a long time ago. But with these new generation consoles it's that and everything else included into it.
By far the mostprestigious title on that list is Halo, and rightfully so, it is better than most other games

Halo is overrated. Of course the online play is good but the campaign mode is just crap.
I feel that Xbox had the superior titles.

They have a couple good ones but Sony can counter that with it's great titles. And I've read that a company that makes Microsoft exclusives they're going to start making games for Sony.
Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

And I've read that a company that makes Microsoft exclusives they're going to start making games for Sony.

But at the same time, previously Sony-only games such as MGS have gone multi-console as well.
IliaTroff
IliaTroff
31 posts
Nomad

My personal opinion is such:
Wii:
Good: Because it makes the player get his butt up from his chair and loose some calories while playing.
Bad: Some games are just too boring to play. Players need big guns and people to kill.
XBox360:
Good: The controls and the controller itself is the best out of all consoles to use for shooters. It's quite large and smooth not stressing your hand that much and the main, most used, buttons are large and easily pressed with smooth resistance.
Bad: Now that they're black it's useless to say this but still. White isn't as bad-azz as the color black. Also, you need to pay for Xbox every month to enjoy all its privileges.
PS3:
Good: The main men is possibly the best organized and the most customizable menu out there. (From personal experience with all consoles), lags less than an Xbox, as well as doesn't freeze too often. It's basically a computer by itself as it has huge memory as well as a blue-ray player.
Bad: The edged buttons and somewhat strange layout of controls makes gameplay for shooters a pain. Its' horizontal placement rather then a vertical shape makes it take up more space considering the fact that it's smooth on the top makes it impossible to place anything on top of it.
All Consoles:
Good: A fine way to show off skill in something you will never need in your life. And to kill your spare time you can be using up for something productive.
Bad: Endless amount of games being released makes you spend a lot of money to keep up with the world. People become extremely proud of themselves if they beat other players forgetting that they suck in reality. One last thing: It's the only thing people talk about in school nowadays. I'm done with consoles all together as I'm looking into my future. Three words: Get A Life.

mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

I have to deny it if people insinuate it.
Is your system of choice the Xbox360? If so. Then I called you a Wii fanboy wouldn't you deny it?

Lolz yeah.

Halo is overrated. Of course the online play is good but the campaign mode is just crap.

Absolutely not. Halo's campaign and storyline is amazing and the only PS3 game that can come anywhere near it is Uncharted. Halo's campaign is worthy of a movie. You may know they are making an Uncharted movie, that is completely unrelated to the game.

Because it makes the player get his butt up from his chair and loose some calories while playing.

You do relize that no many people get up and swing the controller wildly like they do in the commercials. I think it is more fun to play standing up but many people just sit down and flick their wrists.

Endless amount of games being released makes you spend a lot of money to keep up with the world

Nobody buys every single game that comes out, in fact a lot of them are crap. Tere are only a handful of quality and re-playable titles a year so if you buy games you wont enjoy return it in a week for a refund.

Good: A fine way to show off skill in something you will never need in your life. And to kill your spare time you can be using up for something productive.

You really think that negatively on playing with your friends and having a good time on internet gaming? Chill bro.

It's the only thing people talk about in school nowadays. I'm done with consoles all together as I'm looking into my future. Three words: Get A Life.

Its the only thing people talk about in YOUR school. There are plenty of things to talk about with friends like sports, classes, teachers ect. I see the problem if all someone talks about is videogames but talking about it once in a while is fine.
mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

The main men is possibly the best organized and the most customizable menu out there. (From personal experience with all consoles), lags less than an Xbox, as well as doesn't freeze too often

I'm also skeptical if you really have an Xbox. Main menu freze? Un-custimizable main menu? They are both pretty equal and who gives if your dashboard/MM looks cooler than the default.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Halo's campaign and storyline is amazing

My favorite halo games were 1 & 2 when master chief was in it. Once they took him out I just gave up on the story line. I guess it's good enough for a movie.
making an Uncharted movie, that is completely unrelated to the game.

Unrelated to the game?! That makes no sense to me at all.
Nobody buys every single game that comes out

I agree on that. I usually only buy some great exclusive games, Call of duty, racing games. That's about it.
A fine way to show off skill in something you will never need in your life. And to kill your spare time you can be using up for something productive.

You will never AG in life but you come here don't you? It's just good fun and entertainment. Might as well do something fun if you can't do anything else. Especially late at night or if you have nothing planned for your day.

The dashboard is way more awesome then the PS3's I have to admit. The PS3's is just plain but with Xbox you have a little Avatar guy that can do things.
mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

Unrelated to the game?! That makes no sense to me at all.

Yes it is true im afraid. I thought a movie about the game would be quite good. The game is a controller away from being a movie on a blu-ray disk anyway.
FinalRival
FinalRival
7 posts
Blacksmith

PS3, for it has free internet (360 doesn't) and blu-ray. I haven't chosen for the wii, because I'm not into the games you can play on it.

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

All I can say in the PS3 vs Xbox360 category(excluding wii) is... RED RING OF DEATH!!!!!!

Bekeciko
Bekeciko
5 posts
Nomad

My vote goes for Ps3 because it has free online play and there are many cool games which are just for ps3 (like Uncharted, God Of War, Heavy Rain) Some people says Xbox360 is cheaper , yeah i agree with them but don't forget they also pay for xboxlive Wii is not a good console because it has old graphic quality and also with Ps Move , wii got owned again

WilsontheGamer
WilsontheGamer
1 posts
Nomad

wii is definitly not in this. xbox360.. you have to pay monthly internet. ps3 IS THE BEST.

locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

wii is definitly

wii sells more the Xbox and PS3 so yeah it is

xbox360.. you have to pay monthly internet

and? only little kids who want to scream into the mic can't pay for it

ps3 IS THE BEST.

reasons?
Showing 2041-2055 of 5032