The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1473672
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

I like the achievements (PSN has them but not gamerscore)

I believe the PS3 has a leveling system with trophies. Instead of a score, it's a level.
jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

[i]

I like how the xbox was cheaper
[b]

where i am at the ps3 is $250 (320 gigs) and the xbox is $300 (4 gigs) so... ps3 is cheaper and WAY more memory and my friend has 360 (4 gigs) and has 1 game downloaded
d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

where i am at the ps3 is $250 (320 gigs) and the xbox is $300 (4 gigs) so... ps3 is cheaper and WAY more memory and my friend has 360 (4 gigs) and has 1 game downloaded

In Canadian, and probably American Gamestops, for 250$ you can buy a new PS3 that has 160GB. For 300$ you can get a 250GB Xbox 360 Slim. So they're even with the price. Neither the PS3, nor the Xbox 360 is 'cheaper'.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

In Canadian, and probably American Gamestops, for 250$ you can buy a new PS3 that has 160GB. For 300$ you can get a 250GB Xbox 360 Slim. So they're even with the price. Neither the PS3, nor the Xbox 360 is 'cheaper'.

I said was cheeper I like how everyone blew that out of context. When they first came out it was the $360 for around 300 and the PS3 for $500. If i would have bought the Ps3 first then it might have been my favorite. But like I said I got an Xbox 360 first and got into it and I don't see the point in buying another console especially when I am so far on the 360.
So like I said and what I have been stating is that most people only like their console because they picked one over the other in the very beginning.
Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

jets99

i guess i should have been more specific and meant to say it isnt as enjoyabl

I agree that great game with bad graphics is inferior to great game with good graphics, but bad graphics don't make game bad (which was probably your point).

Mr_Sand

The Xbox live doesn't have a million noobs tying up servers and I like the interface better from the Xbox 360.

But when your begginer XBL guys are way too skilled for you. Also there's more trolls.

But like I said it seems like PS3 players will always like the PS3 and Xbox 360 players will always like the Xbox 360. It seems like it depends on which 7-gen console you bought.

I 100% agree, big amount of people bought their console in 1st year and they blindly defend it in disscusions even though some of there people never played games for other 2 systems.

said was cheeper I like how everyone blew that out of context. When they first came out it was the $360 for around 300 and the PS3 for $500.

Around here it was 500 dollars for XBOX360 and 1200! dollars for PS3. And PS3 is still much more expensive so I guess price of console depends on country when you live.

Ok first of all the playstation came out back around 1996 so you can easily justify that an Xbox shouldn't have been made by your logic. And then you could say that the playstation shouldn't have even came out because the nintendo came out in the 80's. It wouldn't make sense to not make something just because someone else made something similar. The Controller and Systems vary and the graphics do too.

I don't if you realise it was my reply to some guys, comment and he said: XBOX360 should have never be made because it's too similiar to PS3.
As I said XBOX360 came before PS3 so that guy's argument is pointless.
jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

I wonder if and when someone would tally these votes all up which system would win... hopefully ps3 cuz it dominates...

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

But when your begginer XBL guys are way too skilled for you. Also there's more trolls.

I haven't noticed that I usually mute the mic from my xbox 360.

I don't if you realise it was my reply to some guys, comment and he said: XBOX360 should have never be made because it's too similiar to PS3.
As I said XBOX360 came before PS3 so that guy's argument is pointless.

Yeah i did sorry i copied the wrong thing. I hope it didn't seem like I was personally attacking you.

The way I see is if the PS3 has free internet then more people are probably online. And with Microsoft making more money from online they can probably make a new console faster.

And Stock-Market wise Microsoft has More money then Sony
Blackadder190
Blackadder190
1 posts
Nomad

Ps3 all the way
much better graphics

Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

Jets99

I wonder if and when someone would tally these votes all up which system would win... hopefully ps3 cuz it dominates...

That would be interesting. Now to find someone who's patient enough to go through 4479 posts to do that

Mr_Sand

I haven't noticed that I usually mute the mic from my xbox 360.

I'm playing only at my friend's house but his massage box is always spammed with massages like: YoU rE sUcH a NoOb or GET A LIFE.

Yeah i did sorry i copied the wrong thing. I hope it didn't seem like I was personally attacking you.

Don't mind it looked like you only misunderstood me.

Blackadder190

Ps3 all the way
much better graphics

Again PS3 and XBOX360 have almost same graphics. Human being may not notice the difference.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

I'm playing only at my friend's house but his massage box is always spammed with massages like: YoU rE sUcH a NoOb or GET A LIFE.

Hmmmm I wonder if he did something to piss someone off. I guess there will always be trolls it doesn't matter what system your on. If its that big of a deal he can block him from sending messages. I always play on live and I didn't have that problem I guess it just depends on the day and who's playing.

Im thinking that the only real big difference in graphics is if you are watching a blu-ray disc or watching a normal disc on the Xbox. But in that case I don't see why anyone would get a gaming console just for DVDs
jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

But in that case I don't see why anyone would get a gaming console just for DVDs

thats not the only reason. blue ray players cost alot and ps3s are cheaper so if you dont really have a preference on ps3 or xbox and want a blue ray player also I can c where that would be a deciding factor. system+built in blue ray player= saving money= good
kachilo
kachilo
2 posts
Nomad

I prefer thhe playstation because the graphics of this are wonderfull anda the games awesome

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

thats not the only reason. blue ray players cost alot and ps3s are cheaper so if you dont really have a preference on ps3 or xbox and want a blue ray player also I can c where that would be a deciding factor. system+built in blue ray player= saving money= good

The xbox has HDTV though so its not like they are going up against Sony with nothing.

Ps3

Sony PlayStation 3 Gaming Console - 160GB, Blu-Ray, Built-in WiFi, Black
$249.99

Blu-ray Players

Toshiba BDX4150 3D Blu-ray Disc Player - 1080p, HDMI, WiFi Ready, Streaming Services

Panasonic DMP-BDT220 3D Blu-Ray Player - 1080p, DLNA, SmartPhone App, Ethernet, Wireless LAN, Viera Connect
So really it just depends what your Blu-Ray player has as features and what company. I am sure you can find one that is a good price for you.

Ok so now I will compare the 360 and PS3 prices

Microsoft Xbox 360

Microsoft Xbox 360 Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Console Bundle - 320GB, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Standard Edition Video Game, 2 Wireless Controllers, Black Headset, Xbox LIVE

Microsoft XBOX 360 Limited Edition Kinect Star Wars Bundle - Includes Kinect Star Wars Game, Xbox 360 Console, Kinect Sensor, Wireless Controller, 320GB HDD, Wired Headset and Kinect Adventures Game
And then a common less exclusive bundle

Microsoft R9G-00048 Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Bundle - Xbox 360 Console, Fable III & Halo Reach(Download) Video Games, 250GB Hard Drive, Wireless Controller, Headset, 3-Month Xbox Live Gold Membership

Ok so
Sony PS3

Sony 98423 PlayStation 3 Gaming Console - 160GB, Blu-Ray, Built-in WiFi, Black

Sony Playstation 320GB Console Bundle - Includes Infamous 2 Video Game

Sony 98311 PS3 Move Hardware Bundle - 320GB, Wireless Controller, Eye Camera, Sports Champions, Blu-ray

These prices were gathered from Tigerdirect.com Also I am in the united states and so if you are from somewhere else they may be more.

It would seem that although the PS3 is mostly cheaper. The Xbox has great bundles that will save you money.

Also I will compare my local Walmart grocery store prices.

PlayStation 3 160GB Console

Xbox 360 250GB Console- Matte Finish

So really looking at that both consoles are pretty much the same price nowadays. And blu-ray is not more expensive then a PS3 it just depends what you get.
jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

blu-ray is not more expensive then a PS3 it just depends what you get.

i never said they were more than a ps3 i just said that they are expensive
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

blue ray players cost alot and ps3s are cheaper

This is what you wrote Jets99
Showing 4336-4350 of 5032