The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1474484
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

people should just post facts here and dont say something sucks if you havent tried it and dont have it

jmasta123
jmasta123
7 posts
Nomad

i think the xbox360 i have one and it is very cool it also has awesome exclusive games and the xbox live is great

The Playstation Network is free unlike Xbox Live, and if I recall, Xbox doesn't have Netflix. I couldn't do without Nextflix after I got it.

Now I have both a PS3 and Xbox360, and I personally like the PS3 exclusive games more than than the Xbox exclusive games.
lostcrusader
lostcrusader
2 posts
Nomad

I prefer the xbox 360 to the wii and PS3 as I do have all three. Xbox live may require a subscription but is alot more secure as there is alot less hacking and cheating (I have not said ther are no hackers or cheaters, but there is a significant difference). The Xbox also has Facebook and Twitter apps. I do not know about Netflix as I do not live in America but we do benefit from being able to get last.fm for free and Sky TV (which is free to Sky customers) And there is the Zune Video marketplace which enables you to rent or buy movies and can be watched by download or by being streamed directly to your xbox. The PS3 is also a lot more vulnerable to custom firmware and their online services aren't as secure when it comes to this. Each console does have their respectives exclusive games which are good and bad depending on your opinion and the genre you like. In simpler terms, I do think the Xbox 360 is better

lostcrusader
lostcrusader
2 posts
Nomad

There will always be a better or worse due to opinions because of what people prefer

mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

XBox is like PS3 but has worse Graphics.

I'm back lol and this makes little to no sense.
Sure the PS3 has Blu-Ray but if you can really notice a significant difference between the 2 you deserve a cookie.

Correct me if I am wrong: The PS3 dosen't support 5.1 Digital Surround sound
I heard that from a few people but idk if thats reliable.

The greatest console ever would be the PS3 Hardware and the Xbox360's Software and Controller would be UNSTOPPABLE!
Killzone3 looks great, im a little jelous that it is PS3 exclusive. I heard that it will be an improvment on the first 2 that weren't so good.
zombiemurderer
zombiemurderer
16 posts
Nomad

is say the playstation 3 is best for people who like more hardcore games i hate the xbox because of red ring or death and xbox live charging but wii is best for familys and parties

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

There will always be a better or worse due to opinions because of what people prefer

Well, that basically sums up what I've been thinking for quite a while.
Xyphius
Xyphius
3 posts
Nomad

I'm going with the xbox360. The wii has great games like Brawl and Zelda, but for online multiplayer the xbox wins hands down.

asianmann
asianmann
1 posts
Nomad

I pick Xbox360 I like the games that only Xbox has like the fable series and you can not forget halo and its great series and in reality the graphics for both systems are almost the same witht he xbox just barely better [url=http://www.gamespot.com/features/6242816/index.html?tag=result;title;0] Now those captures are on the exact same TV now the wii i think is just to be different but when you make a console like the wii you have to understand that to make a game for the wii will be much different and it is harder to completely retro fit a game for a console like the wii which costs way more money which is why alot of games on the wii that are alos on the xbox and the ps3 are, lacking

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Sure the PS3 has Blu-Ray but if you can really notice a significant difference between the 2 you deserve a cookie.

I notice a difference while playing games and so do most of my friends. Where's my cookie?

The graphics are similar on both, but you must look at the detail of in the scenery then you can notice the difference. Not a big difference, but it's a tad better.
The greatest console ever would be the PS3 Hardware and the Xbox360's Software and Controller would be UNSTOPPABLE!

I have to agree with you on this. If Sony & Microsoft were to work together then they would make the best console ever in existence!

Well, that basically sums up what I've been thinking for quite a while.

It's why you provide facts instead of just plain malarky.
both systems are almost the same witht he xbox just barely better

No.
I just went to that link and looked through all those photos and the PS3's graphics are lighter and more crisp than the Xbox's. In some though, like in Assassin's Creed when the person was Desmond, the jeans did look a tad better from the PS3's. Nonetheless though, the PS3's graphics are overall better.
Elgenero
Elgenero
2 posts
Nomad

PS3 is the better, it has many multiplayer options, bigger community, lots of very good games, it has god of war. The xbox has an advantage of the movment sensor but i stay with ps3

TheGameGamer
TheGameGamer
3 posts
Nomad

i am voting for the xBOX, because of the new kinect module
its fun with it ^^

Naphalem1
Naphalem1
23 posts
Shepherd

When it comes to playing solo games I vote PC, hands down. When I have ppl over it's always PS3. One, free online play. Two, from my xp the PS3 has way less problems than 360. I've seen alot of ppl go through 360's because they leave them on and they overheat. I do it all the time with my PS3...hey I forget sometimes ok?! If I was to choose for technologic breakthrough...Dreamcast! First online console baby! (sigh) remember it like it was yesterday...lol

GreenScreened
GreenScreened
1 posts
Nomad

Ps3 had the benefit of being free online and not overheating. But Xbox 360 has
- Better GPU (faster graphics)
- Better online
- Parties
- More Content
- More Managble messaging system
- More info, how-to's and guides
- Super Bowl Ads(not really a good point, but whatever
- The controller is more usable( the joy sticks are indented for a better grip and more tactical approach
- Kinect
- Massive game selection of " Only for Xbox" games
- My favortie system
I have experience with both. PS3 is still a great console and can last a lifetime, but so can Xbox, it just needs a little more care, that's all

MrBesitz
MrBesitz
2 posts
Nomad

Xbox 360 period, Wii can't touch the Kinect's power and Sony and their...mediocre system can't stand up to the amount of players the 360 has and gains everyday nor the large and ever growing games library.
This is a old topic,really old the 360 has proven time and time again that its better, the Nintendo and Sony fan boys can get all pissed about what im saying but thats ok, i own all 3 systems and play them all activly but sorry the sales/players and over all best system is 360, live with it or cry about it i don't care, its fact.

Showing 2281-2295 of 5032