The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1474352
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
Misanthropic
Misanthropic
16 posts
Nomad

Play station 3 all the way!! The xbox controller is annoying, :'
I suppose the xbox can be alright, some of the games are better than ps3, and some of the games on ps3 are better than xbox.
Oh and the Wii is alright for super mario.

seize_the_element
seize_the_element
757 posts
Shepherd

I prefer microsoft products over sony. I find the design of the ps3 sleek and modern but it is really chunky, i like how the games are bluray but not how they cost 100+$ The 360 has a more simple design and ui which i enjoy much more.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

it is really chunky

Really?
Are talking about the PS3 Slim or the older ones? If the former, then no. They design is really simple and small. If the latter, than yes. But we shouldn't discuss the older versions of each console, only the new.
The Xbox 360 Slim's design is small, but it's a little too small. Since it's smaller than the PS3 it looks a bit wider.
i like how the games are bluray but not how they cost 100+$

It really depends where you live.

Here in the U.S.A. the games on the PS3 & Xbox 360 cost the same.
simple design

There are much more buttons and ports on the Xbox 360, while on the PS3 Slim you have two buttons. So simple design really goes to PS3.
mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

Wow Ghost, hail to the king! You ranked up fast

There are much more buttons and ports on the Xbox 360, while on the PS3 Slim you have two buttons. So simple design really goes to PS3.

Well, yes and no. Since the overall layout of the Playstation has not changed much over the years, I can speak from experience with my Playstation 2. Agreed it is outdated, I will only be referencing the Eject Disk and Bower buttons.

So, Xbox: The Green Power button and eject tray button on front with 2 USB ports concealed by a door-like mechanism. Simple.

Playstaion: One Power Button and One eject disk tray button. Also, Simple.

It is rather pointless to argue about which system has the simplest design and basing your argument around the lack of buttons each one has.
TheArmoredMan
TheArmoredMan
95 posts
Nomad

Xbox360 [/b]All[b] The Way

TheArmoredMan
TheArmoredMan
95 posts
Nomad

all

dhatten87
dhatten87
1 posts
Nomad

I would have to say Xbox 360

It has my favorite games: The CoD series, Borderlands, and Assassins Creed

It also has Netflix in HD and it has some of the best downloadable indie games that I've found. I love Limbo and Monday Night Combat.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I would have to say Xbox 360

It has my favorite games: The CoD series, Borderlands, and Assassins Creed

I'm 100% sure that the PS3 has those as well. I'm 70% sure that the Wii has those.
It also has Netflix in HD and it has some of the best downloadable indie games that I've found. I love Limbo and Monday Night Combat.

I'm sure that the PS3 & Wii have these also, but I don't really care for that feature much.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

To play multiplayer online, you have to buy a subscription from xbox. On PS3, it's free. Plus, I don't think Halo is that great. So my vote's with PS3. Wii is irrelevant.

ARN64
ARN64
5 posts
Nomad

PLAY STATION 3 ROCKZ
Xbox annoys me with the red ring of doom and WII you shake your hand in the air 'til u give yourself a punch

hiyacherry
hiyacherry
426 posts
Nomad

Availability of Games

Microsoft's Xbox 360 was launched much earlier than Sony's PS3, giving it an edge over the PS3 in terms of the number of games that were developed and that are available to gaming fans all over the world. There are close to 676 games available to Xbox360 users all over the world out of which 117 games are exclusive only to Xbox, 559 games are multiplatform games and 75 games are exclusive only to Xbox 360 console. The PS3 has only 607 games out of which only 9 games are exclusive to the PS3 console. This clearly indicates that users of the Xbox360 have access to more exclusive games that they can enjoy.

Price

The Xbox 360's 250 GB console retails for just $285 where as the PS3 250 GB gaming console retails for a whopping $429. The PS3 with its exorbitant price range remains inaccessible to a majority of gaming enthusiasts who are on a tight budget whereas the Xbox360 which retails at a mere $285 is something that attracts a huge chunk of gaming enthusiasts. Thus Microsoft's 360 scores over Sony's PS3 with respect to the pricing thus making it better than the PS3.

Graphics

For people who are very particular about the clarity of the game and the gaming consoles abilities to handle complex graphics, the 360 will satisfy all your needs here. The X-box 360 with the Xenos graphic processing unit is able to churn out better graphical experiences than the PS3 with the RSX graphical processing unit. The Xbox 360's graphical processing unit also offers multithreading and a balanced design on the screen. Apart from the other features of Xbox 360's graphical processing unit like programmable vertex fetching, full rate texture fetching in the vertex shader, automatic shader load balancing, memory export features and other features of the Xenos graphic processing unit of Xbox360 makes it a superior product.

Bandwidth

Microsoft's 360 offers its users a total of 278.4 GB per second system bandwidth while the PS3 offers only a total of 48 GB per second. This means Xbox 360 offers you better performance in comparison to its counterpart, the PS3 which is very important for avid gamers.

hiyacherry
hiyacherry
426 posts
Nomad

also the red ring of death doesnt exist any more it was only in the first ones.

ubernoob24
ubernoob24
1 posts
Nomad

wow. i mean come on, man. this is like a first,second,third sortof scenario.
my opinion would be
1st place: xbox 360
2nd place: ps3
[b]3rd place: wii
now dont hate me because i did this. i am a hard core xbox 360 gamer. i have favorites. and priorites. x-box all the way man

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

also the red ring of death doesnt exist any more it was only in the first ones.

Orly?
wow. i mean come on, man. this is like a first,second,third sortof scenario.

Wow, I mean come on, man. Read the first page when the Moderator posted to state your reasons why so it doesn't look like you're completely spamming the thread, yo.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Ummm... hiyacherry... next time don't copy/paste from the MS website, especially w/o giving the original author credit. It's called plagiarism and it's is highly frowned upon. KTHXBAI

p.s. - PS3 ttly pwns microsoft. System performance in all areas is far superior, the system is more stable, the tray doesn't scratch your discs, and it doesn't overheat. Oh, and all those 'exclusive' xbox games? Just get them for PC and use your TV as your monitor. No RROD or scratched disc, and you still get to enjoy MS games. Just remember kids, you get what you pay for.

Showing 2386-2400 of 5032