ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHaiku Contest - Broken Bond (page 531, due: Feb 2)

5299 3070985
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

A Haiku is a Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.

Well, that said, heres the rules:

1) The Haiku must be original (no plagarizing)!
2) It must fit the weeks theme
3) It must be submitted before the deadline
4) It must be submitted for the contest (no using works previously written)
5) One Submission per user
6) The Same User cannot win twice in a row (but there welcome to submit!)

Hopefully oneday the winner could get a merit...

The Deadline will always be a Wednsday, so the deadline for the first theme will be Wednsday, September 2. The theme is The Pond

(special thanks to 'thisisnotanalt'

• 5,299 Replies
tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

When is there a new topic?

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Do you not read the things I post?

The deadline date will be: Monday August the 9th(unless stated otherwise by the Judge)

As for switching topic again, it will be after the judging takes place.

Patience is a virtue.
tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

It is a few pages back and I'm lazy.

obould
obould
712 posts
Nomad

Laziness will get you nowhere in life.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

New topic's stated when the judging is done every monday as per the set of rules emitted by your good sir Fallen.

Patience is a virtue

Yessy yes...

Laziness will get you nowhere in life

True, but I'm not one to talk I'm quite the lazy dude myself.

obould
obould
712 posts
Nomad

Me neither... I play AG for god's sake :P

halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

my tattered wings spread
i fly off towards the sun
in search of freedom

Keonyama96
Keonyama96
79 posts
Nomad

Gliding in the wind
Soar, Fly be free as a Bird
Claim the Freedom Your's

Teeheegirl123
Teeheegirl123
164 posts
Nomad

Words I cannot speak
Dance across unmarked pages
Released from my mind

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

People are gonna keep submitting until you close it... just more work for you... and less of a chance of winning for the rest of us...

obould
obould
712 posts
Nomad

@IliaTroff- you have 8 syllables in your 2nd line. That, and make sure that you know what it has to do with freedom.

obould
obould
712 posts
Nomad

@IliaTroff- you have 8 syllables in your 2nd line. That, and make sure that you know what it has to do with freedom.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Now I'm not a judge, but I say that Keonyama's haiku has us beat by a long shot. I'm impressed!

obould
obould
712 posts
Nomad

Really? I liked Halogunner's a bit better. They were both exceptional pieces though.

Both of them beat mine by far...

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

People are gonna keep submitting until you close it... just more work for you... and less of a chance of winning for the rest of us...

The purpose of this contest is not for it to become a close circle of initiates; we welcome the expansion of an interest in poetry and this contest is prone to do just about that...In other words, we should be glad that it gains popularity over time, I'm sure Enter and the previous judges would have been very glad about that...Either way, I knew all the work involved when I submitted for the position...

Hope thats what a haiku is supposed to look like. What that has to do with freedom I don't know myself.

That's technically what it should look like...but there's a theme, and if you want to have but a slight chance at winning I strongly suggest that you use it...

Sorry to be a jackazz but, I hate when people mistake the words: there, they're, and their; and use the same word for all three. I'm just saying, my grammar isn't perfect at all itself. You just have to know the difference.

Somehow, I have somewhat of a problem with people giving grammar lessons while their own grammar isn't pristine and perfect...In any case, I'm quite sure that the people in question is aware of its misuse of the word...

Now I'm not a judge, but I say that Keonyama's haiku has us beat by a long shot. I'm impressed!

We'll see about that...
In any case, more submissions is a good thing, we don't want to see this thread die don't we?

Showing 1891-1905 of 5299