ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHaiku Contest - Broken Bond (page 531, due: Feb 2)

5299 3071071
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

A Haiku is a Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.

Well, that said, heres the rules:

1) The Haiku must be original (no plagarizing)!
2) It must fit the weeks theme
3) It must be submitted before the deadline
4) It must be submitted for the contest (no using works previously written)
5) One Submission per user
6) The Same User cannot win twice in a row (but there welcome to submit!)

Hopefully oneday the winner could get a merit...

The Deadline will always be a Wednsday, so the deadline for the first theme will be Wednsday, September 2. The theme is The Pond

(special thanks to 'thisisnotanalt'

• 5,299 Replies
samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

Someone please alert me if this has been used before, or is to similar to another entry. I don't feel like going back and reading through like 15 pages.

Just a baby bird
Falling down, learning to fly
Freedom from the nest

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

The bird theme has already been used, but you're free to use it however you like if you didn't inspire yourself of other's works.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

but you're free to use it however you like if you didn't inspire yourself of other's works

I thought that one up on my own. Just thought that with 15 pages it had to be used somewhere, and that it might disqualify me, but appearently not.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

we don't want to see this thread die don't we?

It's more likely to die the longer you wait to judge the contest.

But you go ahead and take your time.
tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

I think there are at least 30 haikus in this mess. Please judge the contest so that people can write haikus.

Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Now I'm not a judge, but I say that Keonyama's haiku has us beat by a long shot. I'm impressed!

But Kiki just joined, and I'm the one who convinced her to join, if she steals my merit lmao, like it was mine in the first place.
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

It's more likely to die the longer you wait to judge the contest.
But you go ahead and take your time

I'm not really taking my time, I'm just respecting deadline dates... Boy are you all impatient...I'll see what I can do but if I didn't judge it's for a reason; I work 35 hours from Thursday to Sunday every week so you can guess why the deadline has been put there. In any case, I'm convinced that one week is a reasonable enough delay, it's not like I'm taking a month. Moreover, if I had judged earlier, we would have missed lots of new entries, which is what we encourage in the MAW no?
So come on people, be respectful, patient and cheerful; grab a drink and just chill out.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

The purpose of this contest is not for it to become a close circle of initiates; we welcome the expansion of an interest in poetry and this contest is prone to do just about that...In other words, we should be glad that it gains popularity over time, I'm sure Enter and the previous judges would have been very glad about that...Either way, I knew all the work involved when I submitted for the position...

Yea, but just close it soon.

AD WHERE DID ERNIE GO?!?!
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

I thought we should close it early too, but now I'm thinking like Fallen said, that it is what we encourage in the AMW to get more active, this is after all one of the lesser active threads.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

AD WHERE DID ERNIE GO?!?!

I was not aware that I was invisible, but I guess that is unfortunately the case.
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

I was not aware that I was invisible, but I guess that is unfortunately the case.

Lol!

As I said, I can'r afford to judge before monday because of work. If it's that unsatisfactory to you guys, you have only a word to say and I'll leave my post to whatever crazy judge who'll agree to judge every two days or so.
I know I'm being quite the Kantist right now, but every person has the right to submit until the deadline, it's only a question of proper respect.

You do realize that being a judge earns me absolutely nothing else than the actual satisfaction of helping you guys; moreover, I keep myself from entering a contest I like and having chances of winning a merit so please, bear with me and wait just some more until judging, I'd appreciate it very much.

I'm doing my best at being constructive and impartial, I certainly hope I'm doig well enough to keep my job...
Good luck to all.

-Fallen

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

As I said, I can'r afford to judge before monday because of work. If it's that unsatisfactory to you guys, you have only a word to say and I'll leave my post to whatever crazy judge who'll agree to judge every two days or so.

I didn't realize that deadlines went that quickly; I thought they only went for a like a week or so.

Keep at it Fallen! You're doing fine for a judge; most people think it's all gumdrops and icecream, but it really isn't.
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

Thanks Freak, it means a lot to me. I hurried that last post so I'm sorry for the grammatical incoherences back there ^^.

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Don't worry about it Fallen. Anyway, we're judge buddies and so I've got your back if you need anything.

obould
obould
712 posts
Nomad

I've been seeing some pretty good Haiku's lately guys, keep it up!

Good luck finding a winner Fallen =P.

Showing 1906-1920 of 5299