ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHaiku Contest - Broken Bond (page 531, due: Feb 2)

5299 3072179
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

A Haiku is a Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.

Well, that said, heres the rules:

1) The Haiku must be original (no plagarizing)!
2) It must fit the weeks theme
3) It must be submitted before the deadline
4) It must be submitted for the contest (no using works previously written)
5) One Submission per user
6) The Same User cannot win twice in a row (but there welcome to submit!)

Hopefully oneday the winner could get a merit...

The Deadline will always be a Wednsday, so the deadline for the first theme will be Wednsday, September 2. The theme is The Pond

(special thanks to 'thisisnotanalt'

• 5,299 Replies
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

That's nice, a bit ironic maybe.
The next theme is insanity? Well here goes nothing... again.

In insanity,
people do abnormal things,
such as suicide.

*Cough*

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

Hm, disapointment paints my face as I write this post. Two times I've tried haikuing traditionnaly; two times I've lost.
I guess I'll be reverting to my old Haiku style and never do that again, even though I'm sure Basho would have been proud of me.
Oh well, the competition was rough. Good job everyone, and good luck for next round. I'll poke here and there for next round judging, but if I don't happen to find a judge I may be the one to do it, because you know, I don't want to give freak too much work.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Hm, disapointment paints my face as I write this post. Two times I've tried haikuing traditionnaly; two times I've lost.

Aww, don't feel like that... you were ranked. The top 5. The best of the best. The elite. The cream of the crop. The set of underwear that still smells good. You get my point! Don't despair! You may win next time

I may be the one to do it, because you know, I don't want to give freak too much work.

It's no trouble to me, since I'm not busy, but maybe we can both judge. Act like the Literature Fight! thread and average the scores. That would make the entries fairer
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

It's no trouble to me, since I'm not busy, but maybe we can both judge. Act like the Literature Fight! thread and average the scores. That would make the entries fairer

Paired judging hmmm...That's quite an interesting concept...But what's your idea of a paired judging, how do you plan to realize that?
Mail perhaps?

Zaork
Zaork
439 posts
Nomad

Hmmm, I didn't even get a critique. Well done M...

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Paired judging could also provide a better critique for the poets in question. E-Mail would probably be your best bet I'm thinking.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Insanity? Oh I'll have to ponder a while on this and breed a very special one mwahaha..

KingLemon
KingLemon
600 posts
Nomad

Official Entry
Yellow wallpaper,
trapped behind it they are there.
I am one of them

Unofficial Entry
Insanity? HA!
I am the most sane one here!
...the room is empty.

haha i can come up with these all day, good and bad, but i'd rather not, i might seem insane to my friends and family ;D.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

My mind is my own.
And your opinions are yours.
Do you dare judge me?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Spill dark blood, drink it.
Life's a funny game; they're scared.
..Did I just..? Oh well..

Here's what the part of my mind that is in charge of insanity has spawned. I did get some inspiration somewhere, but I didn't copy anything, so I think that's ok.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

So many voices
How they echo everywhere
Ringing within me

Coolness.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Yeeeeah, this is gonna be fun...... I can tell people like this theme

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

In all honesty, I found this theme rather difficult. There's simply too many avenues to take. It makes it hard to choose what your Haiku should be about.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

'Did I seriously say 'coolness' -_-"

Alright that's enough, no more NyQuil. I don't care ho hard it is to sleep.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Observe my madness.
See it twist and turn within
Insany's mind.

Showing 2176-2190 of 5299