The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHaiku Contest - Broken Bond (page 531, due: Feb 2)

5299 3073004
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

A Haiku is a Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.

Well, that said, heres the rules:

1) The Haiku must be original (no plagarizing)!
2) It must fit the weeks theme
3) It must be submitted before the deadline
4) It must be submitted for the contest (no using works previously written)
5) One Submission per user
6) The Same User cannot win twice in a row (but there welcome to submit!)

Hopefully oneday the winner could get a merit...

The Deadline will always be a Wednsday, so the deadline for the first theme will be Wednsday, September 2. The theme is The Pond

(special thanks to 'thisisnotanalt'

• 5,299 Replies
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Is the deadline today?
We should start putting deadlines again. It's a bit of an annoyance when there are late entries.

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

have the results not been made yet?

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Thin as razor's edge
Cerulean sky kisses
Dark and lofty peaks

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

Exceptionnaly, I'm going to turn things around for this judging; I'm so busy with work because of Christmas that I have no time to do the judging. If anyone is volunteer, I'll let him do the judging, then he'll send it to me and I'll check on it.
We'll then have a thorough debate on who shall be the winner.

So, who'll judge?

Here's my email just in case; its_only_gab@hotmail.com

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I personally think there should be a collaboration judging. Yes, that would be a good idea.

Oh, I see what you did there.

On the topic of collaboration judging, I'm pretty sure Zoph and Cen used to judge the ASC together, talking on an IM.

By the way, the "inappropriate" haiku was freaking amazing.
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

Seems last post didn't appear because I put an email address.
I'm overwhelmed by work these days, with the coming of Christmas and the vacations of the students so I'm forced to give the task of judging to a volunteer this week.

Since we wanted to do a twofolded judging, now will be the time to start; the only thing is I will be the one receive the base judging and work my extra stuff in it.

I'll then have a debate with my fellow judge to choose the winner; so when the second judge'll be decided, please advise me. I'll be waiting the judging post by mail in a Word or notepad format; my address is on my profile.

To the judging user: please include who you think should be winning in the document you'll send me, that way I'll know approximately how you work with judging criterias and decisions.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

Oh!? Sorry about that, It didn't appear even though I closed the page and came back; somehow, I thought Ag filtered my post and deleted it because it contained personnal infos. :P

I should've known better ^^

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Don't be silly, AG won't protect your privacy

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

Don't be silly, AG won't protect your privacy

I realised after that I had been silly; it's just that I've been playing some games these days that won't allow private info like these :P.

Then I remembered; Hey! I've already seen emails in the forums...A LOT!!

*Facepalms*

Then again, it is strange that I wasn't able to see my post?

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

Ok peeps, here's the situation.
After my 7 days of work in a row - today's my last, hopefully - , I'm having time off tomorrow and Wednesday, so either you wait until then or we go on as planned with either Freak, wolf or Zoark as the primary judge.

If you can wait, I'll judge and send it to one of these three so we can debate the contest's winner.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

But I thought you said we go and e-mail you and see who gets to ju--oh wait I see now.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

I don't get it. I suppose this is what I get for missing a week or two.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

Yeah well, since I didn't have any mail concerning the judging, I took it upon myself to do it. Half have been done today, hopefully I'll be able to complete it tomorrow.

Until then, I'd appreciate if the concerned users could choose whose to be the second judge; if I see no conclusion to this issue by the time my judging is finished, I'll randomly choose between wolf, zoark and freak so don't be whining if you lose your chance at winning a merit ^^.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Yeah well, since I didn't have any mail concerning the judging, I took it upon myself to do it. Half have been done today, hopefully I'll be able to complete it tomorrow.

What? I mailed you....no really I did, go check your spam or something XD
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

go check your spam or something

Stupid msn filters...I'm checking this out right away.

Showing 2521-2535 of 5299