The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHaiku Contest - Broken Bond (page 531, due: Feb 2)

5299 3073076
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

A Haiku is a Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.

Well, that said, heres the rules:

1) The Haiku must be original (no plagarizing)!
2) It must fit the weeks theme
3) It must be submitted before the deadline
4) It must be submitted for the contest (no using works previously written)
5) One Submission per user
6) The Same User cannot win twice in a row (but there welcome to submit!)

Hopefully oneday the winner could get a merit...

The Deadline will always be a Wednsday, so the deadline for the first theme will be Wednsday, September 2. The theme is The Pond

(special thanks to 'thisisnotanalt'

• 5,299 Replies
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

You've got mail! from ME!

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

You've got mail! from ME!

I'm very sorry wolf, but Freak mailed me first so we agreed to do this together for this round. Next one will be yours though.

I'm sorry for all the confusion this is bringing up; it's hard to introduce a fresh system in the middle of a ages-old thread.

Zaork
Zaork
439 posts
Nomad

Roll with the punches old timer.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

I see what's going on. I'm patient enough to wait for the results, but are other people?

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

but are other people?

Today's my personnal deadline; if it's not up tonight you may raise a revolution and throw down the lounge of armorland reserved to the judges.

Ps: I don't want to fuel your mutinous nature, but we have an espresso machine and triple chocolate cookies, although I leave the latter to Parsat.

KingLemon
KingLemon
600 posts
Nomad

Oh dear FallenSky
Judging little by little
daily would end this
confusion

lol couldn't think of a different way to end that...oh well :3

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

Well, the judging's done and I've mailed Freak, so I'll be going to bed now. As soon as I get his reply I'll post the judging; if it takes more than 24 hours I'm posting regardless of his opinions because I already stretched that one to the maximum.

Hopefully, a judging this long will only happen once and we'll get used to work as a pair in the near futur ^^.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Well, the judging's done and I've mailed Freak,

Erm...No you didn't?

I agree though. We've waited far enough--let's get this road on the show!
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Oh deary me.

KingLemon
KingLemon
600 posts
Nomad

Riot! Mutiny!
Grab your pitchforks and torches!
BURN THEM TO THE GROUND!

BlackSkullDragon
BlackSkullDragon
161 posts
Peasant

Riot! Mutiny!
Grab your pitchforks and torches!
BURN THEM TO THE GROUND!

Nice haiku KingLemon but maybe we should be just a little bit more patient. I know that it has been over two weeks since the last judging but we must not forget that Fallen and Frank also have a real life to worry about. Besides, the judging should be ready soon, Fallen said that his part was done but it looks like he's having some comunication issues with Frank. He also said that if he didn't get a response from Frank, he was going to post his judging yesterday but that didn't happen so he's probably busy with work and will post the results as soon as possible.
KingLemon
KingLemon
600 posts
Nomad

but Fallen approved it ;P

Today's my personnal deadline; if it's not up tonight you may raise a revolution and throw down the lounge of armorland reserved to the judges.

Ps: I don't want to fuel your mutinous nature, but we have an espresso machine and triple chocolate cookies, although I leave the latter to Parsat.

haha
BlackSkullDragon
BlackSkullDragon
161 posts
Peasant

If Fallen says so.¡May the revolution begin!
Just kidding.

Well, lets hope for the judging to happen soon. Maybe Fallen will have some free time this weekend.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Wait, did you just say Frank has a real life to worry about?

jks<3 GET RID OF YOUR STUPID MSN FILTER OR WHATEVER FREAK D:

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

We confirmed the top 5 as well as the merit winner after a few emails. All Fallen has to do is post.

Showing 2536-2550 of 5299