ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHaiku Contest - Broken Bond (page 531, due: Feb 2)

5299 3068602
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

A Haiku is a Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.

Well, that said, heres the rules:

1) The Haiku must be original (no plagarizing)!
2) It must fit the weeks theme
3) It must be submitted before the deadline
4) It must be submitted for the contest (no using works previously written)
5) One Submission per user
6) The Same User cannot win twice in a row (but there welcome to submit!)

Hopefully oneday the winner could get a merit...

The Deadline will always be a Wednsday, so the deadline for the first theme will be Wednsday, September 2. The theme is The Pond

(special thanks to 'thisisnotanalt'

• 5,299 Replies
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

"Its" is in fact the possessive form for "it". "It's" is the contraction: "it is". This is one of those funny exceptions that is rarely taught at school... and a grammar-Nazi's favourite pet peeve.

Just when I thought my haiku was perfect...
Anyways, I have a grammar book right here that contains every single "commonly-misused" word and phrase used by students and the common people alike.

In other words, a dictionary?
and they let you be a judge...

Irony...
DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

Sea of floating life
Rocked and mastered by villains
I run out of breath

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,495 posts
Nomad

Do you want to be grammar pwned now or later?

o_o Uhh... it was a typo?
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

In other words, a dictionary?

No, a grammar book for English class.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

and they let you be a judge...

I looked at his and got it confused. You can't blame me!

Anyways, the deadline is right now. I'll see to it that this is judged on Monday, if Dudeguy doesn't judge by then.
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Yeah Grammer Nazi should come back.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

I'm a Commanist. All comma splices must be purged.

Lol meet your worst enemy, it's impossible for me to know where the freaking comma is supposed to be... I'm pretty sure it's wrong in the above sentence.

@Unlimited I love how I told you it was its and yet you changed it to It's...tsk tsk
Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Lol meet your worst enemy, it's impossible for me to know where the freaking comma is supposed to be... I'm pretty sure it's wrong in the above sentence.

A semicolon or a period would have been more appropriate, comrade. Or should I say BOURGEOIS SWINE.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

well if you replaced it with a semi-colon (not a period), then it would have been fine lol

Basically, any part of the sentence that can be rearranged and still sound fine can include a comma in it.

Any part of the sentence that can be rearranged and still sound fine can include a comma in it, basically.
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

http://gamer.lk/Smileys/default/gamerlk_offtopic.gif

I don't want this to get locked. Do you?

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

The rules are slightly different here in the AMW. Off topic is less against the rules.

It keeps the thread from dying, which nobody wants.

Still, don't continuously do it for too long. Guys, off topic enough to just keep it alive, not as a conversational topic.
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

@Unlimited I love how I told you it was its and yet you changed it to It's...tsk tsk

Epic fail...

The irony is that your post is in itself, off topic. And I don't think they'd lock this thread, it's pretty successful. Instead they'd delete the spam.
No, a grammar book for English class.

I should put all my jokes in parenthesis.
As the water swirls
Making a deep hole of death
I swirl to my death

Nice! But I wouldn't have made two sentences end with the same word. You could change the last 'death' to 'end' or something like that.

Haikus are fun...
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Haikus are fun...

That they are, and also I'm gonna be an ass now it's spelled parentheses, parenthesis is the singular form
chitown
chitown
1,614 posts
Farmer

As the water swirls
Making a deep hole of death
I swirl to my death

I think you are late. Orin posted a page back that the ebtries are closed.
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

I think you are late. Orin posted a page back that the ebtries are closed.

I saw it too now (I sort of missed it). So I guess tomorrow we'll see who was the best!

I just saw this... And it so annoys me:

You said my name wrong!!! Aaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhh! If I called you Kookie instead of Kyouzou, wouldn't you be mad!!!
Showing 1006-1020 of 5299