ForumsWEPRAliens

73 15767
madgamer012
madgamer012
741 posts
Nomad

I believe in aliens, the most likely reason why they die is probably because of all the oxygen in the air. It is pretty weird to think of that but aliens do die because of the oxygen. Some aliens may be friendly toward us and others will want to destroy us. Most alien aircraft sightings are real. What do you think the aliens want from us? Our water? Nuclear weapons? Our whole planet?

• 73 Replies
Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

Well it depends. Biblical accounts state that there were angels before the earth, so technically they were never humans, or 'alive', in that sense of the word.

You hold a good conversation, Moegreche; probably sounds a little random but I just thought I'd put that in there.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Well, thanks
And I didn't think about the bible's details of angels that existed before humans, but those are the really cool ones like Gabriel, Loki, and.. the guy with the flaming sword - I can't remember - or is that Gabriel? Anyway, I'm waaaay off topic, sorry!

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

The one with a flaming sword... probably Lucifer. A little bit off topic, but isn't Lucifer such a -for lack of better word- cool name?

deafjapanesegirl951
deafjapanesegirl951
4 posts
Nomad

Mulder: I want to believe...

/all I could think about.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Switchfoot- be careful not to become wrapped up in self-referential talk of human aesthetics. It may lead to an endlessly self-serving ethos in which discernment becomes deception. I daresay that too, would be the work of the devil.

And...heh, SwitchFoot. I know what's on your playlist.

Anyway, back on topic- so we have difficulty defining what "life" actually is, and I'm hardly surprised 8D I wouldn't exactly want to hold some kind of essentialist view when it comes to defining such a thing, so much as acknowledge vagaries in overlaps and extensions and exceptions- the latter being the only cardinal rule in biology: that there are always exceptions. Growth, for example, doesn't seem to apply to unicellular organisms such as the paramecium.

Having seen some heated responses in this thread, I now turn my attention to this- what, if anything, is at stake in this discussion? What is at stake in our ability or lack thereof to define what life is, or predict whether there is life on other planets?

Zarzima_2112
Zarzima_2112
22 posts
Nomad

i kinda believe in aliens. about 50%
i think they breath in carbon dioxide and breath out oxygen.
(they should get carbon dioxide masks... hehe...)

~Zarzima~

armorgold
armorgold
273 posts
Nomad

well i think aliens ar real because i saw alot of pics in youtube check it out

GarrusWrex
GarrusWrex
113 posts
Nomad

u can't believe everything you see but i do believe aliens are real. There are people out there who fake all thes pics and vids, but some of them have to be real. Like crop circles they are amazing, i know people say you can fake them but have you seen how intricate they are. I truly believe we are not alone in the universe we can't be it's impossible there has to be something else out there and it's only a matter of time.

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

I believe in aliens but I don't beleive in the whole abducting crap becuase that seems crazy like if they wanted to meet us then they would've done it already. I think that the universe is way to large for just one species to exsist in but I think we should be taking more cuation instead of just sending messages that say "Hiya here we are!" becuause we could be dealing with violent creatures.

CheesyFreak
CheesyFreak
45 posts
Nomad

well, i think aliens could be real. i mean, there is evidence that they may have existed somewhere at one point, but, if they died off, where are the bodies? and we are also assuming aliens are like humans only different. how do we know that there are aliens, only they are just creatures or whatever? and how do we know that they would end up being a more advanced society? maybe, one day, we'll come to an alien world and be seen as aliens. maybe one day we'll be the ufos. assuming aliens exist, that is.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

we are also assuming aliens are like humans only different. how do we know that there are aliens, only they are just creatures or whatever?

I like the way you think Cheesy, check out page 5 for more on this.

hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

I think aliens are real. There are at least 60 million planets in our galaxy that have the potential to support life.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

I agree with everything CheesyFreak said, he had alot of good points there!

hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

Of course, how do we know that they aren't more advanced than we are? We had a period in human history where we lost interest in technology, and turned towards god. We even forgot stuff in that period. So, if there are aliens, I think they would probably be more advanced. Although we are the result of a freak accident in evolution (my opinion)that made our brains grow at a rapid pace.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Aliens are real. Do you think every single national government put up a alien squad just to prove aliens aren't real?!? We have also found rocks from mars that have never been seen before in mars rocks. Also, that rock burnt a plane, and a couple months ago a plane crashed with the same dna as the rock on the plane. Is that enough proof?

Showing 46-60 of 73