ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHalloween Armatar Contest! 1AP and 5AP armatars uploaded!

456 88850
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Gamers!

Halloween is fast approaching, and it is time for a new armatar contest! You can submit your own original armatars to this thread following the theme of Halloween. If it meets our quality standards, I will add it to the 1AP armatar section for all members to use! You can reference previous contests for a better idea of what this is all about here.

There are some guidelines, and unless your entry follows these set of rules it will not be accepted.

GUIDELINES:
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.
4. Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other piece of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% original.
5. Must be Halloween themed.

Good luck! I look forward to seeing some creative new Halloween armatar ideas!

• 456 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Where's mine?

You forgot the part where she said:

If it meets our quality standards, I will add it to the 1AP armatar section for all members to use!

Following those guidelines does not guarantee your armatar will make the cut.
choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

Quality standards?!

Wow. That is some stuff there.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Following those guidelines does not guarantee your armatar will make the cut.

If only I had realized that sooner. Nobody would have to see my horrible artwork. :C
choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

If I like it, I will add it to the 1AP armatar section for all members to use!

Completely bias.

If it meets our quality standards, I will add it to the 1AP armatar section for all members to use! You can reference previous contests for a better idea of what this is all about here.

"our quality standards"?

Whose "our"?

Because last time it was if Carlie liked it. 1 person = armatar or no armatar = fair?
the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

*headdesk*

You're taking all the fun out of this little contest, guys!

MANTA YOU HAVE TO DRAW A MANTA PUMPKIN!

If it turns out the same quality as Ray (I've just now named him XP), then it prolly won't get in, haha. But I'll do it, because it's FUN. *nudgenudgewinkwink*
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

You're taking all the fun out of this little contest, guys!

Actually, it's because there is much less freedom than there was last year. Now, you have to be Makke or Cenere to make it into this contest.
choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

There should be a contest for people who aren't too great at drawing, like you and me Ernie. I just wanted to have an armatar that I made but, well, stuff happens.

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Now, you have to be Makke or Cenere to make it into this contest.

OR, instead of whining about not getting your entry chosen, you could actually put alot of work into your entry, fix up loose ends, detail it a bit, etc. etc., and try your hardest while STILL having fun just making the piece.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

I know that I could have made it last year, as the standards were much lower. Oh, why did I have to go and join three weeks after the contest was over???

I just wanted to have an armatar that I made but, well, stuff happens.

I'm going to take a few GIMP tutorials. Maybe that will help me create an armatar that fits these evil standards. Then again, with my horrible art skills, maybe I'll never be able to wear a self-created armatar...

There should be a contest for people who aren't too great at drawing, like you and me Ernie.

That would be awesome, but the great artists would get too modest and start posting there instead of here, and then the standards would be much higher again.
ThePois0nator
ThePois0nator
44 posts
Nomad

having fun just making the piece.

Some people need more than the satisfaction of a completed piece :P

And. Just started working on candlejack armatar. Been caught up with homew
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

OR, instead of whining about not getting your entry chosen, you could actually put alot of work into your entry, fix up loose ends, detail it a bit, etc. etc., and try your hardest while STILL having fun just making the piece.

No, won't work. I don't really enjoy drawing; I just want to wear something I created!
the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

I think Poison likes the Candlejack meme. :P

Mm, maybe I could do a hand-drawn piece? That's really my forte. I'll get sta

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

That would be awesome, but the great artists would get too modest and start posting there instead of here, and then the standards would be much higher again.

Possibilities suck, lol.

I wouldn't call this a contest but more like a ownage by artists. And did you notice they submit a drawing every time there is an armatar contest? And one of theirs always gets chosen. And I've submitted a few in my time. None have ever made it. Before I was upset because things weren't going well for me but I really don't care any more. It's just a reality check that I didn't make it.
the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Can I point something out to you guys?

Look to the left of this post.

How well-done do you think this drawing is? It's not spectacular, right? And yet the high-standard policy got implemented last contest, when I entered.

Dwell on that for a bit. :3

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

Ok manta, what is whining?
Showing 301-315 of 456