ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHalloween Armatar Contest! 1AP and 5AP armatars uploaded!

456 88798
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Gamers!

Halloween is fast approaching, and it is time for a new armatar contest! You can submit your own original armatars to this thread following the theme of Halloween. If it meets our quality standards, I will add it to the 1AP armatar section for all members to use! You can reference previous contests for a better idea of what this is all about here.

There are some guidelines, and unless your entry follows these set of rules it will not be accepted.

GUIDELINES:
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.
4. Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other piece of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% original.
5. Must be Halloween themed.

Good luck! I look forward to seeing some creative new Halloween armatar ideas!

• 456 Replies
ThePois0nator
ThePois0nator
44 posts
Nomad

I think it's time to bust out the lawn chair. This could be a while.

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Ok manta, what is whining?

Complaining about the rules of an internet contest that was made for fun?

I know I'm coming off as a jerk, but if there's really a certain armatar you want to wear and art isn't your forte, try making a request to an artist and see if they'll do it for you.

Just a suggestion.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

but if there's really a certain armatar you want to wear and art isn't your forte, try making a request to an artist and see if they'll do it for you.

But that completely defeats the purpose of why I entered this contest in the first place. I want to wear my own creation! I'm sure I've made that pretty clear.
the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

But that completely defeats the purpose of why I entered this contest in the first place. I want to wear my own creation! I'm sure I've made that pretty clear.

Is that all? Okay, fine, take the lessons you were talking about, get practice, etc., etc... y'know. Work at it.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Is that all?

Yes, haven't you noticed I've never posted art anywhere else besides this contest?
choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

I know I'm coming off as a jerk, but if there's really a certain armatar you want to wear and art isn't your forte, try making a request to an artist and see if they'll do it for you.

Just a suggestion.[quote]

Then it's not mine.

I suggest you just back out of this because you don't need to be in it, did you make the armatar you have now? Of course you did. Point made.

And yes, you are coming off as a jerk, trying to sound smart to someone older. It doesn't work, I've tried. And whining is complaining in a childish manner. I recall stating facts, maybe you can say I complained. Whining is something you still do, I have dropped that at age 13-14.

Anyways, I said I don't care, so I'm out of this too.

Hasta la vista, baby.

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

Just a suggestion.

Then it's not mine.

I suggest you just back out of this because you don't need to be in it, did you make the armatar you have now? Of course you did. Point made.

And yes, you are coming off as a jerk, trying to sound smart to someone older. It doesn't work, I've tried. And whining is complaining in a childish manner. I recall stating facts, maybe you can say I complained. Whining is something you still do, I have dropped that at age 13-14.

Hasta la vista, baby.

That's better! XD
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Reverse quote? :S

And whining is complaining in a childish manner.

Whining actually depends more on the tone of voice than anything. You can complain in a childish manner, but if you use a big-boy voice, it isn't really whining. It's quite difficult to whine over the interweb.
ThePois0nator
ThePois0nator
44 posts
Nomad

trying to sound smart to someone older

Pretty sure it's been proven that age doesn't measure intelligence.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Correctomundo! I'm halfway to the "over the hill" mark and I'm as dumb as a freakin post! xD
ThePois0nator
ThePois0nator
44 posts
Nomad

I can't tell if you were being sarcastic or not...

So.

I'll just be pointing to Alt as an example of such smartness.

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Then it's not mine.

Mkay, fine. Just trying to help. Evidently, no one wants it. :P

Also, for the record, where was I trying to sound smart? That's how I talk. :S

Thaaaaank you.
choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

trying to sound smart to someone older (and more intelligent)

Are you happy now hypercritical?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

I can't tell if you were being sarcastic or not...

Hell no, people mistook me for a dumb 14-year-old in my earlier days here. And I haven't gotten much smarter since then. I'm sure my IQ isn't really "up there". :P
ThePois0nator
ThePois0nator
44 posts
Nomad

Mm? That directed at me? If so, sure. But I wasn't being hypercritical. Just stating a fact. It is possible for someone younger than you to have a higher intellect.

I do like how you jumped to the conclusion that you're more intelligent than Manta is, though.

Showing 316-330 of 456