ForumsGamesColony Version 2.0

318 100647
Krin
Krin
129 posts
Nomad

Hi all!

We've updating Colony to version 2.0 right now. Here will be the changes in the update:

New Buildings and Units

With the war in Athenia still raging on, all the governments have been pushed to develop new technologies. As casualties pile up, the Hospitals have been forced to upgrade into War Sanctums to cope with the number of bodies being rushed into Emergency Care every hour.

The Saint watches over the sky and proves a fearsome guardian over the city. New Far-Range sniper rifles have been developed to siege enemy forces from a great distance. The prototype android, A27-Pride is now in mass production to provide support fire.

New Game Mechanics

The game should run a little bit smoother now, and allow you to reach up to Rank 10 on multiplayer. A lot of rebalancing has been done on existing units, especially the Sakata and the Groditz. You can also now double click a unit to select all units of that type.

More Coming Soon!

I'm still working on an anti hack system, and the Fox server has been programmed into the game (we just don't have the server yet). Expect there to be a string of smaller updates throughout this week as we put in additional features little by little

Krin

• 318 Replies
Godjule
Godjule
206 posts
Nomad

War Sanctums, eh? I guess I'll have to try them out when I get to Colony.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Krin, are you also going to add some more stuff to the campaign?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Hmm, farsniper has too high of a cost to be massed, same with saint, saint is only good WHEN massed, methinks...

Jikek
Jikek
1,186 posts
Nomad

rank 10? lul wut? highest rank yet?

Rysin
Rysin
543 posts
Nomad

Done testing, I like the Pride, It's like a Glad with farther range. The Saint is quite good, but hard to mass produce. The Far Sniper is okayish, it's too pricey, but the range is insane.

invisifly
invisifly
20 posts
Nomad

thier is a gov for influence, its the communist, you get influence and cash for each kill, rapidly.

also i havn't seen the "Pride" droid yet...the saint pwns though, little light on the armor though.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Still rank 7, wondered about it.
Pride is weak, weak, damage.
Saint has weak anti-ground and needs longer ranged anti-air.
Far Sniper is great for distortion.

Rysin
Rysin
543 posts
Nomad

I agree with the Saint have weak anti-ground.
The Pride is quite weak, but it's fire rate and range is quite good.
I agree with Farsnipers having great distortion abilities.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Pride has very weak damage.
It can tie with 1 scout.
It can outrange the base, which is pretty good.

lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

Supporting fire? I'd rather go for the Farsniper, does higher damage.

Health isn't a problem, it's "supporting".

Pride = THE NEW MEAT WALL! Now, no need for gladiators, those are sooo yesterday...you have the MOST DURABLE THINGYMERBOBER! (I think)

Rysin
Rysin
543 posts
Nomad

I think it's easier to get Prides than to get Glads.....Good-bye Glads, it's been grand.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Glads have stronger damage and quicker movement...
Prides also die very quickly to hovers, as well...

Ephemeral
Ephemeral
88 posts
Peasant

Pride = THE NEW MEAT WALL! Now, no need for gladiators, those are sooo yesterday...you have the MOST DURABLE THINGYMERBOBER! (I think)

Erm, 7 Romans (35 energy, which is cheaper than 35 influence) make a better meat shield. They not only soak up hov tank fire like the bottomless pit in Sparta, but they deal more dps to the base as well. Supporting? Well I'd say Roman meat shield has a much larger use than the crap damage from a Pride.

Saint looks pretty cool. All my test partners left on me because they couldn't take me lol. Couldn't test the Saint's anti-air, sorry.

New change bash:

War Sanctuary? Meh, hospital at least attempts to have more of a use than it used to. But I doubt anyone would sacrifice a building slot for it (besides ItsFunToLose and Jayden/TaylorSwift/Tabasco/PizzaHut because they just love using meditec influence units).

Missile Silo: It's actually useful! .... Not really. Unless you have a partner that can back you up (rarely, unless I have my brother), no one will want to create the long range sniper unless you're REALLY confident in your partner's 1v2 abilities as you -try- to nuke and gain influence. In the end, if they pull a few glads, whore resources, and counter your partner, then your missiles will suck.

Not quite sure about the sniper's damage; it has higher than a normal sniper's damage and gay-ass range (like LOLWUT? Half map +!).

New Sakata: not sure what the change is. I did notice that my Queen takes more damage than usual from a Sakata MKII hit, though that's probably not the right Sakata that was changed. I never used the ground Sak before because, come on, we all know it was probably the crappiest unit. Even marines had more uses, amiright? Short range and weak damage coupled with low hp made it really something left to be desired.

And the Groditz? Well if they do more damage now, equal numbers of scouts fighting groditz would probably still result in a scout victory, no offense, unless groditz damage was majorly buffed. Btw, anyone notice that groditz have longer range than hovs? Or is just my imagination?

I like how all influence units are now cheaper (though I will still never get a modded Phantom because my ground build doesn't let me get a solar grid xD). I may get a modded Sak again because those things are just pwn (until you realize that they get raped by a hov tank).
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well, groditz can counter phantoms OK now.
Add it up with meds and it's pretty formidable.

I did do well with Jax

Ephemeral
Ephemeral
88 posts
Peasant

Apparently I used a few swears? Not quite sure what they were. Maybe the three letter synonym to donkey twice, the term to ----- resources (ie: stockpile), and I totally forget what I said last. Sorry if I offended anyone! xD

Showing 16-30 of 318