ForumsGamesColony Version 2.0

318 100648
Krin
Krin
129 posts
Nomad

Hi all!

We've updating Colony to version 2.0 right now. Here will be the changes in the update:

New Buildings and Units

With the war in Athenia still raging on, all the governments have been pushed to develop new technologies. As casualties pile up, the Hospitals have been forced to upgrade into War Sanctums to cope with the number of bodies being rushed into Emergency Care every hour.

The Saint watches over the sky and proves a fearsome guardian over the city. New Far-Range sniper rifles have been developed to siege enemy forces from a great distance. The prototype android, A27-Pride is now in mass production to provide support fire.

New Game Mechanics

The game should run a little bit smoother now, and allow you to reach up to Rank 10 on multiplayer. A lot of rebalancing has been done on existing units, especially the Sakata and the Groditz. You can also now double click a unit to select all units of that type.

More Coming Soon!

I'm still working on an anti hack system, and the Fox server has been programmed into the game (we just don't have the server yet). Expect there to be a string of smaller updates throughout this week as we put in additional features little by little

Krin

• 318 Replies
wwiifan
wwiifan
272 posts
Nomad

I agree with sprinter. Only the saint and and the modified phantom needs more hp

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Sprinter, we mean the sakata spiders. The useless sakatas.

The sakata spider and the saint may need some health buffing. Definitely the spider, anyway.

DMon
DMon
203 posts
Nomad

Even with 4 spec ops u cant mass anything. Spec ops seems a more luxurious building, meant more for little perks rather than for mass production, it seems.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Massing is easy with 4 spec ops. Farsnipers and prides can be massed surprisingly quickly, at leas in my experience.

wwiifan
wwiifan
272 posts
Nomad

oops i ment to say missle proof. the saint does not the skatka.

Ephemeral
Ephemeral
88 posts
Peasant

I think I may increase Saint's HP and anti-ground fire rate. Prides look like they could also use a general damage buff. The thing about Prides though is that their weapons is actually AoE, so a couple of Prides could do devastating damage to a group of enemy units, as long as they are shielded by Romans or something.

Not really, the Pride either needs an armor buff, or a damage buff. The range is quite nice though. By the time you get a pride out onto the field, the enemy will either be miles past you in tech, or will have at least tier 2 units. Using a Sak mk2 as a meatshield, a phantom will rip through the Pride. Massing Prides? 35 influence is very costly, and we all know no one likes Communist. If I had 35 influence, I'd wait for another 30 for the Far Sniper -- at least that's useful.

Give Ground Saks the MK2 stats with double hp (or 1.5? seems frail to be 2hko'd by a hov tank) and longer range, ie: c-tank range, or slightly less than hov range. Further testing will be needed, of course, since a mk2 ground clone would be pretty OP; anyone see mk2 charge (lol)?.
Ephemeral
Ephemeral
88 posts
Peasant

I agree with sprinter. Only the saint and and the modified phantom needs more hp

Yeah, modded Phant needs more hp.

Just give the Saint BQ hp and increase it's air attack range to that of hovers or a little less, since it IS made with hov technology.
randompedestrian
randompedestrian
1 posts
Nomad

how do you make long range snipers? i think they are too good. my entire army was owned by 5 long range snipers.

lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

5 farsnipers IMO can't break through a medic defense that easily.

They're from the spec ops, 35 influence for each one.

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

Long range snipers, are actually quite balanced because they cannot target air units. So phantoms or queens would rip through them quite easily.

Jikek
Jikek
1,186 posts
Nomad

spiders could be awesome with more hp. they already have a self heal ability.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Spiders just need enough HP to withstand 1 missle attack, and possibly have longer range.

sprinter101
sprinter101
365 posts
Nomad

oh well yeah give thoseanti armor and maybe some more range as well

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Wait, I got a good idea for a newer influence unit.
How about a modified scout or scout carrier?
Scout carrier would make a normal scout every 10 seconds.

Meta_Knight
Meta_Knight
58 posts
Nomad

All these updates are great: they were totally surprising and really epic!

I have a few suggestions that could probably improve the game even further:

-A flying unit with healing abilities, or a ground unit with air-unit healing abilities.

-An upgradeable armory, where you can turn in influence in exchange for money, manpower, or energy.

-Improve the saint: it is rather weak on defense, either increase defense or add a self-healing widget to it.

-More air units; the addition of a new air unit is great, but the lack of originality during dogfights is still persistent (scouts, scouts, and more scouts), whereas earthquake has plenty of variety.

-Add a "unit select" widget, where the player can select all of a certain unit to do something. For example, a player has all of their medics, marines, and romans mixed up in relay mode. He wants to just send the marines forward, while keeping the medics and romans back. Instead of having to individually pick every unit, he could drag the box around the whole thing, and under the "attack, hold, charge" commands, there was a list of pictures, one for each unit type selected. Then the player would click the unit type, and every other type would be deselected.
Here's an edited screenshot to show what I mean:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj94/MechaKnight/Unitselect.jpg
The only problem with this is when there are too many unit types selected. In this case, nothing would show up under the unit commands.

Tell me what you think, especially about the last idea.
Thanks for all the updates!

Showing 46-60 of 318