ForumsGamesColony Version 2.0

318 100646
Krin
Krin
129 posts
Nomad

Hi all!

We've updating Colony to version 2.0 right now. Here will be the changes in the update:

New Buildings and Units

With the war in Athenia still raging on, all the governments have been pushed to develop new technologies. As casualties pile up, the Hospitals have been forced to upgrade into War Sanctums to cope with the number of bodies being rushed into Emergency Care every hour.

The Saint watches over the sky and proves a fearsome guardian over the city. New Far-Range sniper rifles have been developed to siege enemy forces from a great distance. The prototype android, A27-Pride is now in mass production to provide support fire.

New Game Mechanics

The game should run a little bit smoother now, and allow you to reach up to Rank 10 on multiplayer. A lot of rebalancing has been done on existing units, especially the Sakata and the Groditz. You can also now double click a unit to select all units of that type.

More Coming Soon!

I'm still working on an anti hack system, and the Fox server has been programmed into the game (we just don't have the server yet). Expect there to be a string of smaller updates throughout this week as we put in additional features little by little

Krin

• 318 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Ephemeral, I believe I played with you before :P
Long ago.

Ephemeral
Ephemeral
88 posts
Peasant

Yes, we have. Been a long, long time. I never did make it onto that friends list of yours, even though I beat yah!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I'd rather team up than 1 vs 1 :P

Ephemeral
Ephemeral
88 posts
Peasant

I just 1v1 when I test things and when I don't have a good partner.

Also, to revise by old post:

Groditz now pwn scouts, but Phantoms aren't even a 1-1 ratio to Groditz. It's now a 4-1 ratio, ie: 5 v 5, only 1 Phantom is destroyed compared to 5 Grodtiz that are destroyed.

So, new hierarchy? Phantoms -> Groditz -> Scouts. (this doesn't take into account a Phants lack of anti air).

Also, 1v1 Saint to Sak MKII: Saint wins with 1 Sak hit to go. 2v2 Saints lose to Saks (due to sakata aoe splash). Sak is about 6hko for a Saint while Saints are 5 or 6 (only ran one trial) hko for a Sak. In the end: Saint wins in 1v1 continuous fire, but if the Sak kites and regens, it will win. any larger even number ratio and the Sak will win. If it's 2 Saks to 3 Saints, Saks will win.

Bottom line? Sak wins if numbers are close. If Saks are in groups of 6 or 5? Saks win against a mild army of Saints.

Ironically, Saints are the new Air to Air fighter, rivaling the Queen. Saints shoot hov tank ammo in the air.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

If Saints had slightly longer range in the air they would be much more feared.

Rysin
Rysin
543 posts
Nomad

Sorry fire, disconnected.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Will you be back on?
I have to go soon.

Rysin
Rysin
543 posts
Nomad

No, I'm not really in the mood anymore.

Ephemeral
Ephemeral
88 posts
Peasant

FURTHER TESTING:

5 Scouts own 1 Saint with 3 scouts left.

5 Scouts = 1 BQ, all die.

1 Groditz owns 1 Phantom while multiple phantoms own multiple groditz.

Long range snipers are quite epic. They pwn sakata mkII(3hko). New ground sakata...still sucks lol.

1 Sakata MKII can soak up Pride damage without losing any hp (auto regen > or = Pride damage), so Pride is epic fail.

1 Pride will kill 1 Phantom with both dieing in the end. I didn't bother testing multiple ratios because..no one is going to use the Pride anyway? So yeah.

Apparently, a Grodit takes a while to kill a Roman.

Far Snipers have pretty much 7/8ths map range..it WILL hit a unit that just spawns out of the enemy base, or at least one that moves forward an inch.

Modded Sakata rapes ground units other than hov tanks. Auto-regen is kick-ass. Kills sak mkII in 3 hits. High rate of fire. Long range snipers kinda own it though. Give it a Roman wave/wall and it'll do wonders.

Groditz rush is now viable again -- they kill tanks unless tanks are en mass and scouts are now fodder. Need some medic and Saint support if you're going for the rush though against tanks.

New endgame build for 1v1 is: manufacture, arsenal, war sanctuary, solar grid. armory is only needed to tech up to arsenal, then save money for hosp + sanct. use the sanct for men. Risky build if you don't have time for it though, so sticking with armory may be a better choice (sanct efficiency: 4/3, in terms of armory, 12/9; 12/7.2 for capitalist. armory efficiency: 9/10; 9/8 for capitalist).

Krin
Krin
129 posts
Nomad

Lots of useful information here Looks like I'll have to work on unit balance a little bit.

I think I may increase Saint's HP and anti-ground fire rate. Prides look like they could also use a general damage buff. The thing about Prides though is that their weapons is actually AoE, so a couple of Prides could do devastating damage to a group of enemy units, as long as they are shielded by Romans or something.

Special Ops building probably needs to generate Influence at a faster rate to be useful. And yes, Sakata's still need to be buffed. I'm just pondering how exactly. More damage? More Regen? More HP? Or maybe give them the anti-missile armor...

ColonyIndex
ColonyIndex
26 posts
Nomad

And yes, Sakata's still need to be buffed. I'm just pondering how exactly. More damage? More Regen? More HP? Or maybe give them the anti-missile armor...

More range, maybe equivalent to Hovers, and they need to be able to atleast absorb one missile. Or you could just make think Identical to MkIIs as far as armor and regen goes.
ColonyIndex
ColonyIndex
26 posts
Nomad

Ugh typos, sorry for double post.

More range, maybe equivalent to Hovers, and they need to be able to absorb atleast one missile; or you could just make them identical to MkIIs as far as armor and regen goes.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Special Ops building probably needs to generate Influence at a faster rate to be useful. And yes, Sakata's still need to be buffed. I'm just pondering how exactly. More damage? More Regen? More HP? Or maybe give them the anti-missile armor...

They need to have enough health to not be 1hko'd by a single unit to be useful. A bit of an armor increase or a range increase to make them survivable against hovers, at least for a little while, would be good.
wwiifan
wwiifan
272 posts
Nomad

Yeah the saint needs more hp

sprinter101
sprinter101
365 posts
Nomad

dont give the sakatas anti missle armor

Showing 31-45 of 318