The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernWhat was the best thing since sliced bread?

114 17858
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Any ideas?

• 114 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Chocolate or sugar

Those are both natural, so I assume they came before sliced bread.

My vote goes to the toilet. Think how lost you guys would be without it.
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

My vote goes to the toilet. Think how lost you guys would be without it.

Agreed. The other day my toilet broke and I was all like "WHO AM I?"
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

The problem is that the toilet was invented before sliced bread. In fact, I'm pretty sure most of the choices here were invented before sliced bread.

TerryLasVegas
TerryLasVegas
773 posts
Nomad

I'm pretty sure most of the choices here were invented before sliced bread.

I bet canned bread was invented after sliced bread. lol
Trumpetfury
Trumpetfury
615 posts
Nomad

im gonna have to agree with you there! xD

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

The problem is that the toilet was invented before sliced bread. In fact, I'm pretty sure most of the choices here were invented before sliced bread

Depends on how you define "sliced bread." If you literally mean bread that has been cut, then that happened a long time ago. But if you mean pre-packaged sliced bread, well, that's a different story. Sliced bread was first sold as such in the 1920s (I think...). After some research, I still have no idea when canned bread was invented. I can, however, confirm that it is disgusting.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Depends on how you define "sliced bread." If you literally mean bread that has been cut, then that happened a long time ago. But if you mean pre-packaged sliced bread, well, that's a different story. Sliced bread was first sold as such in the 1920s (I think...). After some research, I still have no idea when canned bread was invented. I can, however, confirm that it is disgusting.

You definitely know what your talking about.. You must like bread.

Anyways Idk what would be the best thing since sliced bread.. xD
Snake211
Snake211
234 posts
Nomad

i gess it would be corn maybe

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

Sliced human. Seriously, it's awesome. It came after the psycho realized that slicing bread might be as easy as slicing people!

Lulz.

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

Crustless bread. is the next best thing in my opinion. personally b/c the crust is dry and nasty. though some may have an affinity for eating crusts but to my understanding they are the "burned" parts so to speak of when a loaf of bread is cooking.

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

me. I do. I always chuck the crusts. or package them and send them to africa so no arse hole can make that "waste food" joke.

I've basically gotten an angry letter from a white family living in Lybia who were extremely confused on why I sent pizza crusts to them. (apartheid anyone?) But they are good pen pals. and occasionally I still send them food. though its packaged/ preserved.

shadowwolf36
shadowwolf36
25 posts
Nomad

Those are both natural, so I assume they came before sliced bread.

Chocolate isn't natural. The solid chocolate that we eat today wasn't created until the start of the 20th century. Before then it was just bitter drinking Chocolate. Saying chocolate comes from nature is like saying bread grows on trees. (And for all we know it could, but it's just kept hushed up. The bakers just make money out of it, if did get out we could all have free bread by growing it ourself!!! Just a thought. lol
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

You definitely know what your talking about.. You must like bread.

Bread probably makes up a quarter of my diet. It is cheap and filling. I can split of loaf of bread with my friends for lunch, and get a good sized meal for about a buck. The other day I had a bread sandwich (basically two slices of bread with another slice in the middle).
Now that I think about it, the best thing since sliced bread would be the modern cinema.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

http://www.phoood.com/weblog/bkchickenfries.jpg

Not only is it chicken that are correctly sliced and spiced to make eating and driving easier so you can focus on eating and not pay attention to the road, but it comes with its own dip holder! It's like the inventor is a consumer man!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

i gess it would be corn maybe

Corn most likely existed before people did. I doubt sliced bread was around when people weren't.
Showing 76-90 of 114