10 posts
Nomad

in this thread we give eachother hints and tips to help to beat this game

• 259 Replies
jhawk23
jhawk23
3 posts
Peasant

you should fight the wolf boss at level eight or nine and it helps a lot if you have a poisoned weapon because the wolf has a ton of hp

bmas05
bmas05
1 posts
Nomad

I can't seem to compose the shield for Gran's Effort Quest. I put in one Shield of Knight, one Stone of Blessing, one medium Crystal of Earth and one medium Crystal of Fire and it just won't compose. I've tried both attributes that Gran requests based on the formulas in the ? on the compose menu, but neither works.

Bloodshadow
Bloodshadow
66 posts
Nomad

You need level 1 of that attribute before trying to compose level 2.

Bloodshadow
Bloodshadow
66 posts
Nomad

Does the Fire elemental damage have any special powers? I mean, Ice can slow enemies, Thunder can stun enemies, Poison can poison enemies. If Fire doesn't have any special uses, then it'll be useless compared to the other three.

Flagon
Flagon
157 posts
Nomad

Does the Fire elemental damage have any special powers?

I don't think it causes any burn damage or anything. Maybe just even more damage is factored in? I'm not sure either, it seems less desirable than the others.

So for the "Gran's Effort" quest, does it matter which shield you buy from him to use? I can either buy the Shield of Knight or the Shield of King Kong (which is better than the Shield of Knight). Can I buy either one for this quest?
Bloodshadow
Bloodshadow
66 posts
Nomad

I don't think it matters. I used the rare gold shield with 25% block, and that wasn't the Shield of Knight.

justjake274
justjake274
10 posts
Nomad

Does anyone know easy ways to get Gem-stones?(I need the purple ones, Stone of Blessing I think they're called, really bad.)

Unfortunately, my Luck's really low because I put most of my points into Strength :/

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

I have one question. As soon as soon as I start the game, why does he always run in one direction? It is really pissing me off.

justjake274
justjake274
10 posts
Nomad

I have one question. As soon as soon as I start the game, why does he always run in one direction? It is really pissing me off.

Don't hold down the direction buttons when you start. If that doesn't work, try opening and closing the pause menu(,).

It's happened to me a few times before.
samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

Dam, it is doing it to me on other games too. Hmm, my keyboards got to be messed up.

Don't hold down the direction buttons when you start. If that doesn't work, try opening and closing the pause menu(,).

Not really working.
samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

Alright, no more problems.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I still am looking for an answer to this so I'm posting it again before it gets lost in the pages in between.

How do you defend against magic (elemental) attacks (like when you fight a slime (fire) and they attack you and the damage shows in blue)?

I'm assuming that you need armor with magical resistance.
For some reason it seems I always get hurt the same amount when I take magic (elemental) damage.

Would adding points to your constitution increase magic defense?

jfailing
jfailing
5 posts
Nomad

Is it me, or are there a lot of ex-WoW/Diablo players posting for this game?

So far it's pretty fun, although it's a little hard to come by gold so far...

Flagon
Flagon
157 posts
Nomad

How do you defend against magic (elemental) attacks (like when you fight a slime (fire) and they attack you and the damage shows in blue)?

Yes Reton, the higher your magic defense, the better chance you'll have of resisting the elemental attack. I don't think it lessens the attack from magic, it just increases the chance of resisting it.

Would adding points to your constitution increase magic defense?

I'm not entirely sure, but that would be my best guess.
Bloodshadow
Bloodshadow
66 posts
Nomad

http://gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19459

I have found a great walkthrough. According to the walkthrough, Fire elemental damage adds extra damage like a critical strike.

Showing 76-90 of 259